Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Install UI kit of the artboard type you're using

Can it be integrated with Adobe Sensei in future? That will surely automate few things for the end users

1) UI kits can be automatically downloaded and installed within XD. Suppose a user is working on the android artboard, he will get all the android related UI kits on the go.

2) Specific UI elements can be searched by name and instantly applied in the design system while working, it will surely save time when one had to find specific UI element in a huge document.

Think of a side panel of UI library integrated with Adobe Sensei doing all…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve prototype display so clients know they can scroll

I've now had 3 clients voice confusion on "how they can see the rest of the page" on the prototype. The way its laid out, as a frame in the middle of the page, is proving to be confusing even to typical enterprise clients.

I understand the reasoning is to display the page with the specfied fold, but I don't think its useful the way it's implemented. It makes it look like a picture on a page, not a scrollable window.

It may work better allow the prototype to scroll within the full height of the browser, and treat the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Move comment create-date duration away from the Reply button

The current position of the 'duration since a comment was written' has confused a few people, due to it's proximity to the 'Reply' link. I've attached a screenshot - see the second comment.

Upon initial glance, it appears that the time since the comment was created actually refers to the reply, rather than the original comment. The line reads "1 reply 3 days ago". In this case, '3 days ago' refers to the time since the initial comment, and is unrelated to the reply action.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Import / Open Omnigraffle Files

I wish you can make this possible so that I can integrate my wireframes created in Omnigraffle to XD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a right-hand handle to point text

It'd be nice to ALSO have a right-side handle for point text, with adjustment anchored to top + left.

The existing bottom handle that's anchored to top is a bit awkward for me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. UI Kit for single paging Landing websites for various digital marketing campaigns

Templates for single paging Landing websites for various digital marketing campaigns

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Switch Commenting Process to Pick, then Type

To comment on a shared prototype link currently, we have to type the comment and then select where on the prototype we'd like to place the comment. This is very counter-intuitive because the comment bar on the bottom right feels disconnected from the prototype.

If I could pick a location first and then type the comment directly next to it, then that will help me remember what I'm commenting about.

Also, it would be great to highlight a comment more prominently when its corresponding icon/number is clicked on the prototype. Right now its a very subtle background change.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Clickable buttons for "bring to front" & "bring to back"

Options like "bring to front" & "bring to back" are used very often when drawing mockups, but currently it needs 3 clicks (right click -> arrange -> bring to front). If there was a button in the right panel (like the alignment buttons), we could do it with 1 click.

Of course there is always the keyboard shortcut, but in some languages they are quite weird key combinations (especially if you dont want to move your right hand from the mouse to the keyboard) and when drawing stuff, we have our hand on the mouse anyway and thus having a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Help system

Why is there no complete help system for XD? Seems very strange to release a product without one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Embed interactive SVG in shared web prototype

For spare parts type websites why cant the interactive svg be interactive in the preview? It is interactive on mouseover (of sorts) in the design and prototype modes but not in the preview where it is actually needed? First attachment is the design/prototype view (highlight on mouseover) and the second is preview.....no highlight on mouseover

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Style Grouped Elements - How to do it?

I saw that you can grouped elements, and then make one change that applies to all. I don't know what are the steps to achieve this? Could you show us how? I couldn't find a tutorial on the Adobe Help page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Clickable EDGE like Opera

It would be nice to switch ON/OFF the assets layers panel by clicking the left edge of the XD window beside the current buttons.

I find myself switching the assets on / off depending on work size displayed on the monitor

( the opera browser has such edge )

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Pick color of locked shapes

It would be nice to be able to get the colour code of a shape that is locked, without having to unlock it first. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Integrate with ContentSync

I'd like to see a way to integrate with ContentSync so I can sync my data with their platform.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. direct select

1. The (a) key in illustrator is Direct select. I keep making extra artboards not fun.

2. If I select Type or a text box and try type 26px for size it has automatically selected opacity, not Size. I think this should be changed.

3. If I select Type or a shape and want to sample/copy styles or color I normally use the (i) [eyedroped tool] there is no eye dropper. I can only find it if I double click on the shape and the color and then pick the color I see the eyedropper

4. is there a way…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. No hotspot for scrollable screens

There is no hotspot for giving a hint that an artboard is scrollable.

We got it for buttons when clicking outside an clickable area. But there is not hints for scrollable artboards.

It is easy to forget to look for that feature and it makes the end user to miss out of content.

Posted a video of showing the problem. There could be an hint that there is more content to view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support export to .wmf and .emf files

Add support for exporting to these file formats(.wmf and .emf)
    This is valuable to allow maximum flexibility and reduce spacing costs on cloud storage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add WeChat RPX measurement unit

Hi,

At the moment we are developing our WeChat Mini-program, however when sharing design specs with developers we are unable to share using WeChat's measurement units, only iOS and Android are supported.

You can find out more info about WeChat's rpx measurement units here:

http://open.wechat.com/cgi-bin/newreadtemplate?t=overseas_open/docs/mini-programs/development/framework/view/wxss

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Use "Recents" in Finder Dialog

It would be great if the "recents" tab in finder was populated with files when opening documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Default to Opacity User Experience

When I go to update an elements dimensions I select the width input field. But often times I miss the active input field and my selection defaults to the opacity input. I suppose since I am new to XD this will happen until I get use to it. However, I enjoy the clean look, but I would much rather be able to know where I need to click at for the input. Much like how the Properties panel is in Photoshop. There is a clear input box. I realize the bottom boarder line input look is the now look. But…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base