Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Missing basic mouse accessibilities like pan, zoom, scroll. XD shouldn't force using keyboard for panning

Issue: Unable to scroll / pan & zoom out without keyboard in the design mode

As demonstrated in the screengrab, I wasn't able to pan in the design mode without using keyboard. At ~00:20 I also tried the usual panning technique as in other Adobe applications (PS, ID, Ai, etc), that is to click and drag the mouse from any point on canvas to outside the currently visible area of the canvas, but I wasn't able to.

I was able to scroll vertically using mouse wheel but to do horizontal scrolling Adobe XD forces us to use a keyboard. There…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adjust layout grids with the mouse

The way I would like to see it is like this:

1. First it should have 2 modes: auto and manual. Auto would generate all columns equal based on single column and gutter values. Manual would let you set your columns and gutters at whatever values one wishes.
    2. It needs to be draggable with the mouse and you should be able to see near the grid line the values of the column you are changing.
    3. After the grid is made mouse interactive, the way you would create one grid could be something like this: First you set the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Drag Position and Scale Values on MacOS

Position and scale values can be dragged with the mouse on Windows. It seems like this is not working on MacOS, which is really frustrating.

I wasn't sure if it is a bug or a left out feature, maybe somebody can clarify that. Seems like a very small fix.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Apply global color to selected element with keyboard shortcut

When I have an element selected, it would be great to apply one of my global colors to it with a keyboard shortcut. XD could give all my global colors a number from top to bottom and then I could reference it with ⌘⇧1 , ⌘⇧2 ... (just an example). In that case I can sort my global colors in the order I use them most and the shortcut automatically references the respective color. Optionally pressing ⌥ could change the border color.

This would save me a lot of mouse movement and time.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Separate transform tool from selection tool

Frequently, when I'm just trying to drag and drop a small object, I end up accidentally resizing or transforming it. For example, notice in the attached file how small my target is if I just want to drag and drop. If SELECT were a different tool from RESIZE/TRANSFORM (like in Adobe Animate) this problem would be solved. The direct manipulation points are great when I need them, but get in the way when I don't.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. drag canvas

Balsamiq mockups uses the ctrl +scroll keyboard shortcut to zoom in and out. Then by simply adding Shift to that, I can click and drag my canvas around. So Ctrl+Shift+click does the same thing as Spacebar. Why is this useful? I don't need to move my hand from the Ctrl Key over to the spacebar to move around! Adobe XD feels clunkier because it's missing this AWESOME keyboard shortcut. If you don't believe me, try out Balsamiq mockups and tell me that isn't easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support fractional values in the grid layout

we are working on 1200px width: 12 columns, 30px margin and 72.5 column width but cant work with xd cause of decimal value problem. It is not prossible to enter 72.5 at column width.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While I understand the need for precision, creating grids that snap off-pixel actually makes designing for screens less accurate, as it often forces elements to anti-alias, leading to less crisp artwork when you output. Are you absolutely sure you need columns that are off-pixel? If so, can you explain why?

8. (Command + Scroll) Push Away vs Pull Toward, in Design Tab

Scroll direction isn't natural (see Mac OS Gestures x Google Maps ixd). If I hit Command and scroll up, the art board pulls toward me on screen. It should push away from me as I scroll up. Considering we're all interaction designers here, likely designing interactive experiences, this seemed like something you'd want to address in the XD experience or at least allow as a preference.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Set scratch disk

Adobe XD needs to allow users to set a custom scratch disk. XD has no preference settings and, as far as I can see, no way to change the scratch disk from the primary drive.

As such, when I am working with large XD documents, I quickly run out of drive space on my primary drive, as it's almost full.

All other Adobe applications, such as Photoshop and Illustrator, allow you to set a different scratch disk, or even multiple scratch disks, which I have a 60 gb SSD for this sole purpose.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Repeat Grid spread over multiple sheets-allow pieces to auto seat into layers - then reselect all based on similar features or symbol

Repeat Grid should allow you to spread over multiple sheets. Then "undo-grid" seats each pieces into a proper layer on each sheet.

Once ungrouped and in separate layers, you should be able to reselect all shapes/groups based on similar features or symbol.

XD would keep track of the grouping/ungrouping/Grid/Ungroup Grid actions and be able to reselect all or some (manually) NOT using symbols.

I got lost in initially thinking this Grid tool was to spread from one sheet over many sheets versus using a symbol which doesn't give the same design behaviors as the grid tool.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Share for Development - More Control Over Asset Exporting

Under "Share for Development", I want to mark what an asset was designed for (in my case, always xxhdpi).

1) Determine on a by asset basis if this is for Android or iOS, instead of the entire project to be either iOS/Android/Web.

2) When the developer selects to export the asset, I cannot specify for them what the asset was "designed at", but I can if I export it myself from my XD project.

I design everything so it natively fits on the devices it will be demoed on, which is often xxhdpi. I also prefer how that displays on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Tile artboards

Remove the visible border between artboards when transitions are activated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Search icon is the zoom icon

Hello Guys,

I am a visual designer and exploring adobe Xd suddenly one thing noticed my eye icon has been used for zoom in/out functionality actually use for search but adobe XD is using for zoom in/out. I was little bit confused so I chose to test this some of UX designer and visual design or normal people they got his as search icon not for Zoom in/out.

For research prospective I checked this in photoshop CC so I found zoom icon little bit different form Adobe SD and in photoshop top left corner presenting the both zoom in and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Preview Artboard in browser

The ability to preview the current Artboard in the browser to see how the webdesign looks in the right context. Thanks :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Selecting and highlighting type is difficult

Whenever I try to highlight type so I can make a change, the type does not get highlighted, instead it creates a new text area. XD should work the same way Illustrator does when it comes to highlighting, selecting, editing type.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Win 10] Resetting size of the window

On Windows 10, tested on Win 10 v1803, Adobe XD 14 (but also in previous versions), the size of the window resets to a certain size (coming from the "start/splash screen"). The size annoyingly also resets whenever an existing file gets opened. However, this size means that, e.g., the plugins submenu in the hamburger icon gets below the fold, which is annoying to me as a user and as a plugin developer regularly accessing this menu.

Since all other Windows applications I know remember their window size, I'm filing this as a bug (if it's intentional, please see this as…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Define batch actions

Photoshop has an Actions panel, which enables users to create custom triggers for commonly used batch actions.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/actions-actions-panel.html

Adobe XD action like photoshop

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Send to After Effects - Choose where to save images

Ability to save images in a specific location when sending to AE. I noticed it gets saved to the local disk, but our team works on a server so that isn't ideal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Keyboard shortcut to discard when saving Cmd+D on MacOS

It's common in all other Adobe and MacOS products to have Cmd+D to discard saving the document when closing it. So I can quickly hit Cmd+W and Cmd+D to close document without saving changes instead of working with both keyboard and a mouse.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Associate asset display type (grid, list) with the document

It would be nice to be able to memorize the type of display of the assets by document: I often use the "grid" type and each time I open my document I have to switch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base