Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. During Adobe MAX they said that we would be able to demo our prototypes using an Alexa Echo device, but I don't see any official rollout for this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When clicking the drop down list to select an artboard to link to it would be useful to order the list of artboards by:

1) The order in which they appear in xd: Left to right and then down and across
    2), Or order by name

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please provide to the Overflow plugin the prototyping links.
    Other tools just do that.

Without this feature we have to redesign all the navigation.
    Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When having multiple people give feedback on a prototype it would be helpful if they're comments and pins were color-coded by person. Different people have different specialties and usually have a theme to their feedback so it would be nice if it to be easy to filter each person's feedback visually.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. An option to record the work progress (via a plugin) as timelapse.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Clear alignment of objects relative to each other. This means that if we want to align one object to the center of another, it must be aligned exactly to the center, even if the dimensions of the object being aligned are not even. For example,10,4x12, 8px.

Now it is implemented as in the picture in the attachment and it is very inconvenient, because you have to align the input coordinates XY manually.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please make able view recent opened files in Windows Timeline
    when i press Win+Tab.

Thanks in advance.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hello Folks,

Since layer names become more important. My idea is to have the group name proposed by Adobe XD.

This mainly makes sense if there is a textfield contained in the group and we could leverage this very specific text field entry to populate a default name for the group.

So let's imagine I am designing a list of contacts and I will create several people cards would contain elements as Name (filled with Robert), Phone number, Picture and card background.

If by grouping XD would allow me to reuse the input with in a textfield as group name…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. XD should be able to replicate CSS.

white-space: nowrap;

...is not reproducible on XD currently.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can we have a UX Plan (Like a Photographers plan Photoshop + Lightroom) so the App Designers / UX chaps can have Adobe Photoshop + Adobe XD Plan instead, as the great alternative to Sketch?

Thanks in advance for the consideration

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. If I want to replace an image underneath another object I cannot use drag and drop because it will replace the topmost object instead. Since there is no way to replace an image other than drag and drop (which itself is a serious shortcoming), you should be able to drop an image onto a layer in the layers panel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I have used the new private prototype beta by accident, now I want to make it a public link but I am not able to. Several people are having difficulty accessing the prototype, but I have spent a long time adding comments if I make a new public link the comments are lost.

Dont see why it is not easy to just switch public or private on and off.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please allow the embed option which products an iFrame to have the ability to allow comments in the same way that the direct link has.

This should also ideally allow a simple way to get to the comments section from the prototype, such as when the cursor reaches the far right edge of the page, the comments will slide in from the right, for example.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Align to pixel grid does not work on some vector elements.

The option works for some elements, but some others refuse to snap to grid/resize when using this option.

When i resize these resistant vectors to have no decimal point and use "align to pixel grid" it will change the H/W and X/Y to have decimal points once again.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. XD would be a lot more cross-platform friendly if is offered a DPI/PPI switch for font sizes.

For example, I'm mainly desinging for MicroStrategy platform which uses 96dpi to calculate font sizes. XD uses 72.

I've read there's a similar issue with Android development.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Realize that this was "fixed" by removing borders for prototypes, but I am now having an issue with designs that use a white background color.

It is hard to tell the boundaries of the viewport. Feel like it will be impossible to satisfy everyone with a default setting.

Any way we could choose to add a border color to our prototypes?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I think it would be helpful if the Character Styles were listed in groups in order of the font that has the largest size. Since devs are usually programming things by defining the biggest to smallest (H1 > H2 > H3 > P), this would help us to see what we're up against. Next, if we added in a second font weight with a variety of colors, we would collect by the size-1st, color-2nd and weight-3rd (favoring the lighter weight to be listed first).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I love Adobe XD, but this small interaction consistently drives me insane – and it is when you try to highlight any text within a text box and Adobe XD deselects what you're trying to highlight far too easily.

This routinely slows me down and I have to either perform the action slower or multiple times to maintain the selection.

I know it sounds minor in the grand scheme of things, but it's actually quite infuriating.

Anyway, keep up the great work!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. This request is from my developers. They asking if it is possible to have scrollbars on the individual screen views instead of the just the panning. Their complaint is that when the screens are really long, it takes a while scrolling with your mouse scroll wheel versus grabbing a scrollbar and dragging it to the bottom or desired location much quicker.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We are testing XD as a replacement for visually spec'ing on the web. It would be great if we could specify screen positions for elements that either are floating center vertically within a column, floating 30% above the bottom of a column, 30px from the bottom of a column, etc. Essentially, it would be helpful to be able to communicate position as a container percentage, as well as a way to communicate that this element's positioning is relative to the top, middle, or bottom of an element.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We currently don’t reference to center and bottom, but we do use a fixed viewport. This means that your object can be 30px off the bottom of the viewport and will stay there if the fixed element selection is turned on. Similarly, if you position your object at the center of your viewport, it’ll stay there if the position is set. While the way you think of it is different than your developer, it should at least look the same.