Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create access log for published prototypes

It would be nice to have a list of people who logged in the prototype and date/time, to be aware of who accessed it.

I had a security issue in a confidential project and it would be useful to measure the extension of the leak before changing the password.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save Prototype to desktop for review

Ok, I have a file that has been lost but I have published on Behance and I have a Published link. It would Great If I could (Save or Download) from Published.
    Or If a client wanted to send feedback but they also wanted to Save and Print a copy they could also Download the file from here too maybe as a PDF or a Folder of images

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to adjust grid values

The gird layout seems to work automatically which isn't correct and not how web design works from a coding point of view.

I simply want to have 45px margins on the left and right with a 12 grid column. It's IMPOSSIBLE to do this. It keeps re-adjusting things.

Is this suppose to work like this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show original resolution of imported image

Some way to know the original resolution of a bitmap image after it has been imported and/or resized, so you can make an educated decision when creating assets.

It’s impossible to know the resolution if you have been handed a file from someone else on your team

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Drag on a curve

The may overlap other requests, apologies if it does. The ability to drag along a line is fantastic but if we could drag around a circle it would open up a whole lot more to your users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. character styles name in CC Library is showing as the typeface name rather than what I named it

In CC Library, I should see the character styles I created named by the name I assigned, not the typeface. e.g. I should see "H1", "H2", "Body" instead of "Roboto", Roboto", Roboto"
    (Is this a feature request? it certainly seems like a bug...)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change text properties after initiating text box

To speed up typing, I believe it would be highly beneficial to change the way text properties can be changed.

Currently, when i select my type tool and initiate a text box/field, if I want to change the current text properties, I'd have to begin typing, deselect/highlight my text, change my properties, then i can continue on.

Alternatively, I think it would be handy to be able to initiate a text field and before having to type, be able to change the properties of the text you will then type.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Interactive Elements in Overlayed Artboards

Having the ability to click an element within an overlayed artboard to cause other interactions on the original artboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bypass cloud prototype link password when linking from the source file

Password protected prototype shares are great, but is it fair to assume that the owner of the source file can get straight in when they open it from the source file in XD - I think so, given that they can change the password. It's a little annoying having to input it every time. Likewise from notifications in the desktop app - but clearly that is a little different as you're not in the source file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Choose frame rate for Record Preview

My recordings are very laggy from Record Preview. If I could choose 30fps instead of only having 60fps, that might fix the performance issue (bug filed).

But, all I need is a 30fps video, anyway. So, would prefer that just on it's own, even if performance was fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Apply symbol definition to all objects with the same name on creation

Make Symbols with the same layer name retroactive when you create a symbol later in your project.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How about Creating various Social Media Static & Animated content?

It will be awesome if you can consider XD for creating Artwork for Instagram Stories, Posts, FB, etc

No tool is solving this beautifully, request you to consider this option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. JIRA: Preview of an artboard for artboard link, not of main artboard

Same problem for integrations in Slack and Jira integrations' previews

If I am adding or sharing Adobe XD link of a concrete artboard in some project, e.g.:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/PROJECTID/screen/ARTBOARDID/
    then preview usually is generated not for this concrete artboard that i am sharing, but for the main artboard of the whole project

So in fact it generates for me this link preview:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/PROJECTID/

This is completely illogical, when e.g. in Jira I create a task to implement concrete subpage, but then Adobe XD generates me every time the main page preview...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. PDF export options: artboard title, 2-up view, prototype links

In the PDF export process, there should be some check boxes.

One should allow you to include the Artboard title.

One should allow you to arrange the Artboard's in 2, 4 and 6 up options on a page (I accomplish this by opening in Preview on the Mac and printing as PDF and using the Mac's layout feature), but it would be nice to have it built into XD.

One should allow for printing the Prototype links between Artboard elements, using some type of ability to tile the output to a multiple page pdf that can be printed and reassembled…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create and Name Symbol on Layers Panel Should Also Set Symbol Name on Assets Panel

This issue has been raised at least once before and closed as by design. Here is the issue and request:

Repro:
    - open the layers panel
    - draw a shape
    - select it and press CTRL + K to make it a symbol
    - rename the symbol in the Layers panel
    - switch to the Assets panel
    notice: the new symbol is still named Symbol XX
    expect:
    1 - an option to name both the symbol and the instance when you first create it, so you don't have to name it twice (once in the Layers panel and again in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Define artboard order in the Design Spec using the Z-order of the artboards

The artboards order should be determined by the order of artboards In the XD app, complex setups and groupings do not work well with the automatic
    left to right , top to bottom approach. It works well for simple setups

Not ones that include 30+ pages, this approach causes more problems then the time it attempts to save

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Comments icon on Full Screen Mode

You should also have an overlay / transparent icon on full screen mode for prototype reviews, or a notification of comment when reviewers add comments.

Currently, the creator and reviewer not able to see any indicator if the prototype is published on Full Screen Mode. (using Chrome)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. Full screen mode is really intended as an isolation mode, which some users need for testing or other activities that require all elements off the screen. If you’re in full screen mode, you can return back to the regular view by pressing Esc, even if you’ve published for full screen. Do you have an alternative suggestion that might give you the notification you need while not distracting testers?

19. Missing basic mouse accessibilities like pan, zoom, scroll. XD shouldn't force using keyboard for panning

Issue: Unable to scroll / pan & zoom out without keyboard in the design mode

As demonstrated in the screengrab, I wasn't able to pan in the design mode without using keyboard. At ~00:20 I also tried the usual panning technique as in other Adobe applications (PS, ID, Ai, etc), that is to click and drag the mouse from any point on canvas to outside the currently visible area of the canvas, but I wasn't able to.

I was able to scroll vertically using mouse wheel but to do horizontal scrolling Adobe XD forces us to use a keyboard. There…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. online mockups grouped in an accessible dashboard to share with customers

After being uploaded many mock-ups for different customers and projects, it’s becoming a daunting task to manage all of them and keep track of it to share with customers and team collaborators. Each time I update modifications, I’ve to copy paste the generated link and send it again to everyone, because nobody have an efficient and meaningful way to manage them all. So I propose the following improvements.

1. Create a shareable link repository page of all uploaded mock-ups.
    2. Those repository pages should be grouped by customer, project or even “iteration”, so we could share only the ones we…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base