Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. When in the design specs the layout grid should look the same as in XD it self.

I'm working on 20 column grid with no gutter, but it turns out that the border you see in XD, you don't see that in the design specs. Result: a turquoise background for the developer with no reference ;-)

I could work around it (10 column grid with gutters and setting a side margin), but I would need to do that across the entire project.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Can we expect a lighter version of Adobe XD in coming future which can support 2GB ram ?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. In native macOS apps, control+clicking on the title displays a menu showing where the file is located.

XD does not seem to have any way to see where a file is located or reveal the Finder.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. Animations should be able to come out as assets. This way if you need to change all your animations at same time, for example to transition/none, it can be done quickly. This would be an AWESOME feature and should work just like colors assets!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The sidebar on the left contains "Your Work".

Maybe a link to the Creative Cloud Files folder should be there?
    Even better would be if one could customize the shortcuts like in Adobe Bridge or macOS Finder.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. The preset list does not remember your last choice.

If you select the iPhone 6 Plus preset, it falls back to iPhone X the next time you open XD.

Maybe XD could remember the last chosen value?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Why is fullscreen mode scaling the artboard again? It's impossible to demo a website with 1920 canvas to a customer how has a laptop with 1280 resolution. This has suddenly changed at some point and confuses the crap out of clients.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The project view that shows thumbnails of all artboards should scale lower than 10% (2,3,4 % even) if needed - otherwise at the moment when the project file is wider it gets cut off by the browser - you can still navigate it using mouse and holding space to drag, but most devs I know find it awkward if they want to jump from screen to screen. If they use 1366px screen than often projects don't fit at 10%.

"ok.png" shows me fixing it by moving artboards into a smaller column, "bad.png" shows how it looks on screens with lower…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Use a reference of external strings IDs in text fields.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Now I can only link a full prototype / design spec to a jira issue.
    Our workflow is to (deep)link specific screens from that prototype to a single ticket as the scope of the issue is only a part of the prototype.

Or is there a workaround?

This is an important feature to make the Jira integration useful for us.
    I'm using Jira Server in my organisation.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Would love to see the ability to place the xd previews as graphics on dimension renders and be able to choose from a list of available artboards to use in the render. This would allow me to create high quality renders of the preview on screen for pitches and also for advertising on the web and in print material for clients.

More critically, I'm hoping that dimension gets the ability to add keyframes and render video, or even just animate between saved camera positions. Having the ability to transition between xd artboards with auto animate in a rendered dimension video…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. We need a way to mask an image that works like photoshop or illustrator in the sense that I can scale the shape mask to the image and vice versa scale the image in the mask. There also needs the capability to select the mask or image and numerically put in the exact width and height size you want.

Like all the other Adobe Products. I am manually adjusting all my images height and size inside the masks and for sure they are not the exact same size. I am eyeballing it. If I duplicate the mask, and drag another…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I run into needing to share screen #3, #14, #34 with a stakeholder to use within a presentation, think powerpoint. I have to manually export these screen fo each round of changes. I would like to publish for review only SAID screen numbers where the end user can comment OR DOWNLOAD a png or pdf of the most up to day version.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Photoshop has an Actions panel, which enables users to create custom triggers for commonly used batch actions.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/actions-actions-panel.html

Adobe XD action like photoshop

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be nice to have the same auto-select option as Photoshop in addition to displaying the width and height of the selection: it is very common to measure spaces between elements with this method.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Problem: I cannot tell clients or partners to check screen X because everytime I update my XD files with new screens that are not at the end the pages on the bottom (x of total) change. So a screen on page 45 may become 46.

Solution: Either add a new (fixed for ever) page number at the end or provide sperate (viewable IDs, probably together with the artboard's title).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to save the text alignment as a property in the assets panel, so that I don't have to readjust the alignment all the time.

几个严重的缺陷!请赶快更新版本!

1.资源面板中的字符样式存储功能,只能存储字体类别、颜色、大小,却无法存储左对齐、右对齐、居中对齐!真的超级麻烦,我每次都要重新调整对齐!

2.形状描边无法使用渐变!难道XD就只能做界面吗?画个ICON都不行吗?

3.描边无法扩展成形状!Sketch都能扩展啊啊啊啊啊啊!

4.不能预设形状!每次都要画完形状后都要取消一次描边,恶心死了

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

我将此更改为关于在资产面板中存储对齐。 其余建议已经在数据库中,需要您的upvote。

*梯度中风:https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/17796841
    *扩大笔划形状:https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13808037
    *形状库:https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13392015

此消息已被机器翻译。

I’m changing this to be about storing alignment in the assets panel. The rest of the suggestions are already in the database and need your upvote.

18. It would be very useful to have a detailed color picker like in Ai or Ps..
    This would increase the workflow very much.

thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make it possible to fluidly transforma between objects stored as symbols, text, rectangles and elipses when using auto-animate, without converting them to paths

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The introduction of Auto-Animate has introduced some problems. The main two arise from objects' opacity being being set to 0% and the fact that objects need to be placed off the artboard in order to create the effect of them moving into place.

In both of these cases, the objects become invisible and in the case of the latter they either interfere with adjacent artboards or the artboards need to be placed far enough from each other to allow for the elements around them, which creates a mess.

The problem of opacity could easily be tackled by introducing a new…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)