Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. coding

Please Add Coding Java,c#..)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Client Sign Off

I think it would be a good idea to have a way for a client to sign off as a final approval of prototypes after they have made there comments and the designer has addressed and resolved the issues. A step further on this would be to be able to directly highlight certain sections of the workflow for a client to review if there were any afterthought changes that require a new sign off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share with everyone in my org

This is one of the top requests from my extended team. I've added all the developers, product managers, and other stakeholders as users in our CC team. When we share a prototype for review, we need the option to make it available to all users in the team. It could just show up in the shared with you section on their files view.

This way we can stop having to re-send out the links constantly to people or fail to maintain a spreadsheet of shared links. We can just tell them to log in and it would be there.

Please…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please, create 2 views for share prototype as Overflow has. It gives a possibility to view all screens and connections in same time.

Main idea not only click and preview, but see all connections for screens. It is more schematic way to see linking. It is also useful for clients.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Artboard name as preview window title

Usually, i will preview the prototype with full screen, when the artboard from one the another, i always forget what artboard it is. so if preview title shows the artboards name, it will be better and remind me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Smooth anti-aliased font

The fonts in XD are so crisp on windows. I kinda like lost my soul of using it there compared to figma.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Interactive text boxes and microphone in prototyping

I suggest adding an interactive tool in the prototype area so that you could click a box and set it to ‘tap’ and ‘textbox’ so when your using whatever it is you’ve made you can click the box and type something in. It could be anything though and not just a command word that you have decided on. You could add the same function for voice activated objects. This would then create new input and perhaps change graphs or numbers you have put in. It could be like Instagram where you have the option to access photos from your personal…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Export Icon used two different ways without a label

Make a new icon for "batch export". The same icon is used for a different part if the interface to "open in browser". One icon should never be used to convey two different meanings unless they are also labeled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Drag a list of colors to a repeat grid to color elements

It would be awesome if we could drag a list of plain text hex code / rgb values to a repeat grid in a similar way that we do with text.

That doesn't describe it too well but I've made a quick mockup of what I mean. So imagine there is a file with hex codes and I drag it to one of the elements and all the colours change as per the codes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Import CSV or XLS Data to a Repeat Grid

Ability to drop a spreadsheet on a text field within a repeat grid. Dialogue would appear, allowing user to select the desired column of data.

Super useful whenever displaying lots of data. For example, when creating layouts for mobile that are based on tables in desktop versions (see attached).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Diffrent language

The voice is coming in different language

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Easier access to color swatches

As a user who works with design systems and color palettes often, it would speed up my workflow considerably, if I could select a color swatch directly without opening the color palette.
    A quick selector that openes on hover and shows the swatches could be a nice solution.
    Or color shortcuts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change language

I do appreciate the effort of including new languages (like Portuguese-BR) on Adobe XD. Even though I live in Brazil, I'm used to work with softwares and apps in English.

I would really like to have the option to change the language of Adobe XD, without have to change the language on my OS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Define sections for Design Specs (organization)

A better way to create sections for screens like Invision and Zeplin.
    Current way is making it difficult for developers to track down screens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Switch color scheme: map color set to another color set

I like to offer color theme options, or even to let the user choose their theme.

Doing this is easy when I work in Wix, for example. I start off choosing a color palatte/scheme. Then after I design, I can easily change the scheme of the whole design by switching between palattes. So, for example, everything that I made light-blue on palatte1 becomes yellow on pallate2.

It would means that light/dark colors on palatte1 stay light or dark. For example, yellow can become pink, light blue, light gray, etc...but not dark blue or gray.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create access log for published prototypes

It would be nice to have a list of people who logged in the prototype and date/time, to be aware of who accessed it.

I had a security issue in a confidential project and it would be useful to measure the extension of the leak before changing the password.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Save Prototype to desktop for review

Ok, I have a file that has been lost but I have published on Behance and I have a Published link. It would Great If I could (Save or Download) from Published.
    Or If a client wanted to send feedback but they also wanted to Save and Print a copy they could also Download the file from here too maybe as a PDF or a Folder of images

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! If I understand this request correctly, you’re actually asking TWO things = 1. to download the original design file from the shared prototype, and 2. to be able to enable customers to download a copy of the shared prototype to their machines. Is that correct?

18. Ability to adjust grid values

The gird layout seems to work automatically which isn't correct and not how web design works from a coding point of view.

I simply want to have 45px margins on the left and right with a 12 grid column. It's IMPOSSIBLE to do this. It keeps re-adjusting things.

Is this suppose to work like this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. File: Open File dialog - Recent files with long filenames get truncated

Problem: When selecting File: Open, the dialog box shows my recent documents with trucated filenames making it difficult to see the differences between two versions of the same document.

Suggested feature: It would be helpful if the ”Recent” view of the ”Open” dialog box could display the full filenames.

Background: I work with a lot of different iterations of the same document so the image preview might be the same or very similar, with long filenames as the only differentiator.

Thanks for a great product!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base