Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Give the ability to move the screen in the direction of your mouse (from center of screen) if zoomed in too far while dragging a screen-link line.

If a user is zoomed in too far and wants to make a connection. They should be able to drag the line in any direction and when they reach the end of the screen, the background should move with them (a la pen tool in Illustrator [and many others])

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Ability to switch between the two type formats. Additionally the ability to auto size area type on resize and to fit content

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. There are many applications where the interface is navigated with input devices like game controllers. It would be great if we could get some support for these.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. i ve just noticed you removed the preserve scroll position from design. This is a horrible thing for me. Doing that forces me to prototype EVERYTHING.

for example: i have 100 artboards that are unconnected due to time saving ( i dont need to prototype everything ) but moving that button forces me to do it becaus now i cant make a quick preview for my client where he can scroll up and down. Now i will have to connect ALL 100+ boards together.

why? Because when you are EXPORTING for REVIEW or DEVELOPMENT
    only the connected boards are being…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I'd like to be able to make a text area with a fixed width -- so the text automatically wraps onto multiple lines -- but with no fixed height so that the height auto fits to the text.

Basically, I want it to act like area text (fixed size) in the horizontal direction but point text (auto size) in the vertical direction.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please add any plugin like sketch's zeplin so it will become easier to share your designs and its assets to the developer team.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

XD’s January 2018 update now supports integration with Zeplin (as well as Avocode, ProtoPie, Sympli, and Kite Compositor). Read more at https://theblog.adobe.com/introducing-popular-3rd-party-integrations-adobe-xd/

Zeplin is only supported on Mac right now. If you’re interested in Zeplin support with XD on Windows, please let us know by upvoting https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/33045610-zeplin-integration-on-windows

7. I'd like to create a clipping mask in Windows using any shape or path.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Mask with Shape is now available in the April release of XD for Windows! Download it today from your Creative Cloud desktop app – if it doesn’t show up, click the gear icon and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

8. I would very much like to see at least a general API that gives me access to the full object hierarchy in an XD project - artboards, group, layers, elements and their properties - along the lines of the sketch API current specification

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enable 'fit to width' and scroll pages when previewing prototypes.

Currently the full screen preview fits the height of the design within your screen, so for long desktop pages, you can't mimic a browser experience.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. At the moment, my development team do not have an adobe subscription, and I often work with external organisations who also do not use adobe either.

As a result, I need the ability to share a public link to the design specs so that they can access it.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be nice to have an option to have a check box to resolve comments & feedback. I think dropbox has this feature now.

This would be helpful so that as I'm designing I can every easily see the issues that still need address & those that might need some more attention.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add angular gradients -- gradients that sweep around like the hands of a clock.

(This is NOT the same as radial gradients, which are shaped like concentric circles).

Angular gradients are useful for creating progress spinners, color wheels, etc. With high contrast gradients you can also create "starburst"-style background patterns.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. This idea addresses how we can have longer pages beyond the current artboard dimensions without manually resizing.

Artboards could actually be just a viewport. You could double click on a given artboard to open an expanded canvas.

In the crude example I've uploaded below, I can still keep all of my screens aligned as I have been. When I double click on an artboard, the canvas is expanded to show I have much more content on the page. Perhaps the rest are dimmed to emphasise where we are. Think isolated mode in Illustrator.

This would keep the best of the…

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is indeed completed. We have a few additional enhancements to this feature that we’ll be adding in an upcoming release including a property inspector addition for scrolling giving you more control over your viewport and an artboard’s ability to scroll.

14. Please provide an option to disable swiping between artboards during the Live Preview on the Adobe XD iOS app. I want testers on the mobile app to only be able to navigate using the interactions I've authored. Them being able to swipe at any time prevents me from getting a valid test out of them.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Janice Yip responded

Thanks for sharing your feedback. With 17.0, you can now disable swiping on mobile prototypes in the overlay menu!

15. Update to XD CC version today.

I've been using XD for a while now and have been a big fan ...up until today.

Like many others, I've invested a lot of time testing out this product. Also like others, I've done this on real projects in order to put XD to the test; see if it works for my workflow and so on. It was a risk I knowingly took.

However, with such a short trial window for the official release, I feel like Adobe now has me over a barrel. There have been a few critical features missing which…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow for multiple interactions on a single elements. Aka, be able to drag multiple wires from a single object.

Use case 1: When designing a carousel, a user should be able to swipe on an object left or right and navigate to the next or previous slide.

Use case 2: When designing an app with similar interactions to Bumble or Tinder, the test subject should be allowed multiple interactions on the same object. Swipe up, down, left, or right.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We introduced the ability to add multiple interactions on a single element in the most recent version of XD. You can select an object and select the + button on the wire or in the prototype mode property inspector to add an interaction!

17. As a designer (working in a complex document) when I select an item on an artboard, if it happens to be a symbol (if Symbol Library panel is open), I would like the corresponding symbol in the Symbol Library to be highlighted. This will help me to locate it so I can name or delete it from the library. Then, if I selected every artboard on a document it would highlight all of the used symbols in the Symbol Library. This would help me to identify any unused symbols - for deletion/cleanup.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'd like to be able to share my prototype to the web so that my stakeholders can view them.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be really nice if you can make the nudge (Shift + Arrow) work with the same size as the grid by default or add some tool to change it. I think this way we can work even faster.

For example: for an 8px grid, make the nudge 8px instead of the default 10px; for a 4px grid, nudge 4 px and so on.

Additionally, another mode could be added to make the nudge twice the size of the grid. For a 4px grid, nudge 8px.

It's the same principle as nudg.it for Sketch, but without the hassle of…

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With XD 23 release, when square grid is on, nudging will align the elements to grid and move them in grid size increments.

Furthermore, now you can resize elements in grid increments by using Cmd+Shift (Alt+Shift on Win) and arrow keys.

Happy designing!

20. Ability to have auto adjusting text box as you type letters(width,height) instead manually having to drag it.Similar feature can be found in "gravit designer".

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)