Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. When you have a layer within a group selected, then collapse the group and hide it, the group expands again.

I understand the thought behind this would be to always show the selected layer in an expanded hierarchy, but during my workflow it seems very counter-intuitive and different from the way I have been accustomed to expect adobe products to behave.

I would like to see this changed so when I have a layer selected within a group and I collapse the group and then hide it, the group stays collapsed with the group becoming the main selection instead of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Now the colors in Assets are forced to have a hex code as the default name.

Please:

1. allow options to change default naming to RGB, HSL, or others.
    2. automatically convert the existing color names in the assets to the same type of color code, if they haven't been edited.
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I really would like to have an ability to swap images inside already created masks... especially it's important when one works with components.
    The only way is to drag files from finder. (like in the attached video)... I wish I could do this with assets I already have in XD.
    The only way around it at the moment is to create shape and mask image from the very beginning... From this moment on, if I want to swap image, I have to cut it from outside mask and paste into the mask... and then to delete the old image under…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Save full artboard in sharing mode.

An option to save the full layout as a PNG or JPG.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be nice to have our own icon library from Fontello icons

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  6. In Figma I can set margins and gutters and then let the columns stretch over whatever the remaining amount of pixels is. Super easy to work with. Would be a great feature to add to XD :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I wanted to cry when this new CC Library feature came out. It's UNUSABLE.

I can no longer move it outside of the boundaries of the app - which means it is ALWAYS covering something else up or taking up space in my workspace. I certainly cannot keep it outside of the app UI or god-forbid move it to my other monitor!

The color boxes are HUGE and take up so much space!!!!!!! The previous UI had nice small color boxes, so I could actually get to my icons (i.e. "graphics") quickly instead of having to scroll three times to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The previous 'Share' UI was fast, simple, and easy to use.

This new UI is confusing, unnecessary, and wasteful. Was it designed by the same people who created the new AdobeCC UI????

A) The new 'Share' Tab is useless. I can already see what I'm sharing on either of the other tabs - having a 3rd tab is completely asinine unless there is some helpful functionality to this screen/view.

B) The only functionality I have in this state is 'zoom' - a state I cannot exit once I've clicked on the 'zoom' tool. AND the keyboard/mouse shortcut I actually use…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When someone needs to be removed from all mockups its a long and painful process. Can we have something that allows us to "cut someone off" without having to find out which mockups they have access to and then go into each mockup one at a time to remove them. Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I'm surprised this isn't a feature already, but marquee-select (click and drag) to select multiple layers regardless of what group they are in. At present doing so will select standalone layers and whole groups, meaning I need to de-group first to then do what I want, or leave grouping until the last possible moment in a design.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please help to provide integration from Invision (Studio File) Compatibility to Adobe XD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be nice if people could enter in a web page URL of a page that inspires them from anywhere on the net, then click a simple button that snaps a full page image for quick importing of that page into XD, then shows the dimensions or at least it makes it easy to measure the exact dimensions that the original developer used within the page. This will help people learn from other designers creations because learning their layouts and dimensions cand be a tricky task sometimes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I like the idea of have character styles cascading ie using the same font but different style. ie H1 and H2 same font different size, colour etc...

I was also thinking that by designing websites to be responsive it would be good if Character Styles were created in such a way they could detect the size of the artboard they are on and resize.

Within each character style you could give it a breakpoint:
    h1
    Font
    0-479, Size/Line height etc
    480-599, Size/Line height etc
    600-849, Size/Line height etc
    etc etc

Also…
    Styling of text links would be great too. Better…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please include 'Price' as a plugin detail shown in the 'Show More' (details) pane for each Plugin of the Plugin Panel / Plugin Manager included with XD.

Specifically - 'Free', One-Time Price or Subscription.

This would save a lot of time in either researching a Plugin, assessing it's value or avoiding installing / using a Plugin that you wouldn't otherwise bother with if you knew, for example, it required a subscription.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  15. The Responsive Resize button should be XD Blue when it’s toggled to the “ON” state. The dark grey background when the toggle is activated (in the right position), isn’t as clear that the feature is activated.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. As the UI/UX Designer that works on projects with multiple teams, it would be nice if my developers could see the components, how many times they've been used, and where.

We could always let them use the Adobe XD document, but as per their request it would be nice to see all of this information in one place since they're already in love with the dev view and tools there.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would increase animation possibilities if we could change the position of an object's pivot point from one artboard to another.

If there was a way to dynamically parent one object to another, animated pivot points would be even more useful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need an option, like holding alt or ctrl adjusting the spacing in-between repeat grid individually after creating the grid. At the moment if we need different spacing inbetween the two block, it is not possible, have to ungroup the grid to achieve this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When using a component instance in a different document, changes to the linked color asset (in the new document) should update the instances.

There seems to be no reason for the current behavior. I work with multiple products with the same base UI differed mostly by color.

It actually looks more like a bug, but this ticket says otherwse: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/38063995-linked-components-not-reacting-to-edit-fill-color

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)