Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shortcut to adjust stroke width

I'd like to either have a scroll bar or +/- arrows to let me change the stroke without having to guess a number. Also, if I do change the value by typing a number, I'd like that result to be automatic, without me having to press enter to see if it fits my needs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Add a bit of snapping lag when moving objects with a tablet pen

I've been using XD with a wacom tablet (Intuos 5) for several weeks and I have the same problem as with other design software: the pen input is too sensitive to movement!
      Often times I click with the pen to select an object and I accidentally move it at the same time (a few pixels) which is really annoying and sometimes I don't even notice it if I've very zoomed out.
      In Paint Tool SAI, which ironic is not even a design tool, there's an intentional lag snap when dragging stuff so you don't move things accidentally. Maybe something like…

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Embed color data in property inspector

Please expand the dat that the property inspector shows to include color codes, transparency percentage and the option to select (maybe even edit) this straight from the inspector screen instead of having to open every individual color box if you're specifying colors for a design.

Kind of goes hand in hand with earlier requested "blue print" modes to make it easier to share designs with developers.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Better export options for graphics with effects

If I, say, create a round icon at 150px without any detail such as a drop shadow or glow, it will happily export at 150px.

However, this size is increased on export with the addition of a drop shadow or glow detail etc. For example, to 168px. (The same principle would effect a shape or text element.) Currently, using the same 150px icon with drop shadow example, the asset size on the artboard does not take this into account, but still shows as overall size as 150px, even though exporting increases this.

It would be useful to have an option…

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Move Resize Handles, so that they stay on screen

Picture the following scenario: You have a very large object and a very small one. You want to resize the large object with some relation to the smaller object, which requires you to zoom in. However now that you have zoomed in, the handles for your larger object are off-screen.

It would be nice if you could either, resize an object using the entire edge as a handle, or just make the handles move along the edge so that they are always on screen, even when zooming in.

to illustrate my problem I have attached a screenshot with an indication…

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Double-click app window to expand it

When you double click the title area of an app window on macOS, the window expands to fill the screen either vertically or both vertically and horizontally (depending on the contents of the window). App windows do this in Windows as well. But XD doesn't do this. Please add this to XD. Thanks!

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • 1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (Android)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Comment input field hard to find in the shared prototype comment panel

"As a web viewer, it was not clear that I can add comments." It appears that the input field for adding notes may be so far down on the page on large monitors that it is being missed. See attached screen shot with notes notations.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Move Help menu in the Windows 10 hamburger menu further up

Menu organization in Windows 10
                    Please don't bury your help menu at the bottom of the main menu.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Adobe XD Wireframing tool as InDesign Rectangle Frame Tool

Adobe XD has the rectangle tool, but the rectangle is an element which is a shape itself, destined to be used as a design element.

The feature suggestion is to have a rectangle frame tool, which it's main function is to serve as a wireframing tool, rather tha a design element. The addition is to upgrade the rectangle tool for supporting converting to text.

The wireframing tool should be able to be easily converted to other elements, like a rectangle, image frame or text box:
                      a) If you set colors, you convert to a rectangle design element (as it currently…

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Widgets and Interactions built on Cases

I'd like to have the ability create/download/share interactive widgets that work on logical cases and states. The cases would also allow a wide array of interactions styles (on click, on mouse drop, on drag, on release etc.). The states would allow widgets to respond to cases (for example a set of controls can be active or inactive depending on the state of a particular widget). Without the ability to create logical cases it seems like XD is very limited.

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Move the Comment field to the top of the page

Hello,
                          Would you please consider moving the Comment field to the top of the panel (just under the icons) because when you first open comments, it appears at the bottom of the screen and it feels too far away from where you just clicked. It took me and several others several glances to see where it was.

Thanks so much,
                          Mark

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Disable certain objects for Export

Disable certain objects for Export

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Detect/search and standardize different styles

After a wild layout period I often have tons of different font-sizes, colors and so on … Now I have to reduce this for the developer. At this point it would be very helpful to let me show which colors+fonts+font-sizes+font-styles I have used in my project and where! If I know the place, I can decide to change a style to a common one.

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Add context menu for copying and pasting when editing text

When I try to copy a section of text within a text box, if I right click on the selection there are no options but if I use the keyboard shortcut cmd + c it will copy it to the clipboard for me to paste on to another art board.

Is this by design or is it a bug? If it is by design can right click options on selected text be added please?

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Remove automatic highlighting from "HEX" box in color picker after a color is chosen from saved swatches

Right now, when you open up the color picker, the "HEX" box is highlighted. I get it, it's so you can manually type a value or copy the existing value easily.

However, once you have selected a new color from a saved swatch, I think the automatic highlighting of the hex should be removed. That way, you could close the color menu by pressing "V" and returning to the regular "move" tool. Right now, I constantly type "V" to try and close the picker, but I end up typing "V"s in the hex box instead.

Honestly, if there was an…

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Horizontal-only-scale drag handle on short elements like text fields

This small but frustrating issue has been such a common recurring problem for me. See attached. I know if I made the field much taller, the horizonal drag/scale handle would appear, but text fields are always short, I'm always tweaking the length, and it seems like there's room to fit the handle. Why not have it?

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

You can zoom in a little bit to get the middle handle to show up. Basically, we end up in a situation where the circles overlap, and you can’t easily figure which handle you’re pulling. Let us know if this addresses your issue!

-Elaine

• Ellipse Border Sweep

Percentage calculated border sweep around shape

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Adding background music - Even when you switch artboards

I had an idea about adding the abillity to add background music even when you switch to a new artboard, so I can create a screen by screen game. That means that I move the player by clicking on the arrows that will be displayed on screen. Every step of the player is a loose artboard with a different backgroud that consists of a jpg image. I would really appreciate that. Sorry for my bad spelling. I am from The Netherlands, so sorry for that.

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Placing multiple images like in indesign

It would be great if you could just drag multiple images into XD and place them one by one onto shapes (like in indesign)

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base