Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. change cmd select to choose objects sequentially through hierarchy

if you have an item within a group when you hold cmd and select it first selects the group and THEN the specific item and you can sequentially drill down through groups and items this way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow measure tool to measure items outside a group without being in that group

Right now I have a bunch of objects grouped together so I can move them all around and resize them responsively. But when I want to measure the distance between something outside that group with something inside that group it only gives me the measurement from the perimeter of the group. It would be nice if measurements ignored groups. I find myself having to move stuff in and out of said group to make measurements.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Randomize Artboard Trigger Action

Hello Dear All,

It would be really nice to click and reaching random page! Therefore node system should able to multiple connections between artboards then we can choose 'random' in actions!

Thanx

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Responsive text made easier

Please make it so that the style of the text you have selected highlights the style used in the left hand styles column.

ALSO please give us the option to set responsive sizes for the text styles. In other words the style sniffs the page width and selected the break point from within the style.

THANKS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. introduction to the hand tool currently present in Ps and Ai

In windows, when i work with numerous artboards! i am forced to zoom in and zoom out because of the absence of a HAND tool which is currently in photoshop and illustrator and is very essential for XD ! it would be great if u include it in your may update!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Template option

Can you give "save as" the ability to save "as a template" so that you can't overwrite an existing document. Indesign has this, and is very useful for protecting original documents that must never be changed.
    ie. You open a template doc, and the only option you have when you save is "save as", therefore keeping the original intact.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Artboard tool in side bar should be higher up

Workflow would suggest that the create Artboard tool should not be second to last on the side bar but closer to the top since one of the first things you do is create an artboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Increase contrast and size of Design Spec measurements

The pink with white type for specs is hard to read. Not ADA compliant. And when I enlarge the board to see the specs the specs don't enlarge. The board does but the text in the spec doesn't. See the video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Scaling a group should keep objects on pixel grid

When you resize two objects, even if booth have the same size, they will resize to a value out of the pixel grid, with decimals. (see video attached)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m leaving this open, but I wanted to let you know that this is working as designed at the moment. We optimize for pixel precision over a potentially jerky resize behavior and skewing of elements to keep things on pixel.

10. em unit in design specs

Having 'px', 'pt' and 'dp' as size unit is good but we need to use 'em' most commonly as flexible and scalable relative unit. Expecting 'EM' unit to the list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sync plugins across devices for same account

I have All Apps CC Plan. I only get access to my XD plugins from one installation of XD whilst the other is blank. This sucks cause I spend a ton of time prepping XD with alot of plugins that I cherry picked, tried and tested, and it doesn't have any effect on my other XD installment on the SAME CC license. It should be shared installments so we avoid repeating tedious tasks like this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. AAA contrast ratio line in the Color Picker

The Color Picker now shows a second line to indicate which colors meet the AAA contrast ratio recommendation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Artboard preview desktop shortcut key

Artboard preview desktop shortcut key

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show Selected Symbol Name in Properties Panel

When a symbol is selected on the artboard, show (in the properties panel):

- the instance name
    - the name of the symbol it's an instance of

I find myself doing A LOT of right clicking and then "Reveal Symbols in Assets" to figure out what symbols I'm actually using.

(Symbol use, management, overrides, and shared libraries are some of the biggest challenges we have in using Adobe XD instead of Sketch.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Invite option for public prototypes

With private protoypes I can invite people by email address, so that I can then mention them in the comments using the @ symbol, even if they havent commented before.

I would like to have the same functionality for public prototypes, where this is currently not possible and I have to wait until they leave a comment on their own, in order to get their attention using mentions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sometimes we can select the animation type sometimes it appears greyed out

It's not even about artboards being the same size. It works with different size artboards also. Why it doesn't work sometimes seems arbitrary

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! There are some triggers (like time and voice) that are only applicable to artboards, and not objects themselves. There are other animation types that are only applicable to one and the other. Does that help explain things? Or are you looking for something else?

17. swap distribute buttons

Seems like the distribute buttons should be switched.

I'm trying to remember that the tools to align longitudinally are on the left and the tools to align laterally are on the right. That way I can be faster in the UI. However, the distribute alignment tools do not follow the longitudinal/lateral categories. Distribute laterally is on the left (with the longitudinal alignment buttons) and the Distribute longitudinally is on the right (with the lateral alignment buttons).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Text-To-Speech language selection within app.

Ability to select text-to-speech language per action used.

1. Example: Creating a mobile app with text reading capabilities. If the app has a "Select Language" page, then the language read back should match the language selected.
    2. Having TTS language selection as part of each speech playback action created would be a great inclusion, especially if an app is developed with multiple languages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support lower end hardware (2GB memory)

Can we expect a lighter version of Adobe XD in coming future which can support 2GB ram ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Need a way to create pixel-perfect design for Android (a problem with text line-height)

The height of text in XD doesn't match to the height of the same text in Android.
    (see the attached images)

So it is very inconvenient to create desing for Android since we cannot simply use same margins both in XD and in Android. When we creating an Android layout, we should always remember that in Android we need to use smaller margins than we use in XD.

I guess the same problem refers to iOS devices too.

I see the only solution:
    Designers should be able to specify the text line-height explicitly.

Unfortunatelly, at the moment it is not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base