Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Because InDesign is such a powerful layout tool, it's textframe options are very helpful in typography (rightclick textframe > textframe options). It allows you to adjust padding inside of the text frame by the unit as well as vertical alignement.

I know there are other requests for these items separately but I believe XD is capable of having text frames similar to that of InDesign and these would belong together.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When previewing for example an Apple watch up there is unnecessary black background which is confusing when the watch has a black background.

Expected preview like on the right
    Observed: Get preview like on the left

Running Adobe XD on Windows 10

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Commands or input from one artboard control interface on another or multiple. A lot of my work focuses on non-traditional multi-screen setups, large installations for physical environment. Being able to set up a multi-screen design and prototype in the same XD platform would streamline workflow quite a bit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. We would like to have the ability for a user previewing an XD prototype to use interface components in the prototype that would cause data to be displayed in the prototype from a Google Sheet. This would allow us to test earlier in our product development cycle.

For an example of this requested feature, let's say we are prototyping a Google style text search application. The interface contains a simple search text input field and a button. The data being queried would exist in a Google Sheet.

The requested feature would allow the user testing the prototype to type in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Do we need to have these on separate tabs? Sketch and Studio use the same window with a different tool. I feel slowed down by switching tabs constantly.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. If you do Paste Appearance on an image it will paste everything including the bitmap data of the original, which is not useful (there's duplciate/copy function for that). I would like to paste specific attribute such as Shadow and nothign else.

Copy and paste appearance attribute e.g. Shadow

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add the same sorting functionality to the CC Library panel in XD that is available in Illustrator.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. if you change a simple text or colour XD file created as separate New XD File, thus when if edit 300mb - 1gb file then we have to upload full size file to creative cloud if change a simple text change or colour change saved file created as a file which should be uploaded as full size file so if can achieve this only changes can uploaded instead of Full File.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. At the moment I realise a prototype, everyone comments on it and if I update the prototype the comments are lost.

I think it would be really cool if comments were maintained if i republish a prototype.
    Maybe the comments could be labelled with a page release version number or date so i can hid them - but I don't want to lose the comments, i want the person who left the comment to be able to marked the problem they highlighted as solved.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I have read that this is not been considered as a bug.

But I think it could be helpful that if we only have selected the border attribute, this could be taken as the color to fill when clicking a global color.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve edited this slightly to reflect your feedback. As you probably know, this is currently working as designed. To apply the color to the border, you can right click the color swatch in the assets panel and select “Apply as Border.”

11. Custom title styles and symbols, display how many been used, locate elements where symbols /styles used

Custom-title styles and symbols displaying how many instances of a style or a symbol been used e.g. Component Title (23).

Ability to locate elements where the symbols are used or styles been applied to similarly to how InDesign and Illustrator do with Linked/Embedded images.

Ability to select/delete unused styles or symbols (organizational clean up) will help to design process.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback!

I’ve changed this to focus on how many instances of a style or a symbol has been used. You can focus on what objects are using a particular style by right-clicking on the symbol or style and selecting “Highlight on Canvas.”

As for your last suggestion, you should upvote this story to support it: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/18939286

Finally, just in general, UserVoice works best when you file your ideas in separate tickets so that we can better aggregate your feedback with other people in the community.

12. Allow user to paste images (most likely icons) inline with text. This feature is in Indesign and comes in handy. Especially when you have design patterns such as the the attached.

If you wanted to take it further, support inline images/text boxes in the repeat grid allowing a repeat grid.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I was trying to share a document I had with the link but since there are multiple sized artboards and they aren't linearly linked with the prototyping tools it only uploaded one set of artboards. I created a screen and marked it as home that contained links to the separate prototypes, however it would be great to be able to have this be natively implemented with grouping prototypes etc.

The whole goal was to limit the number of links we send an individual.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to browse and view list of published links in XD mobile app rather than uploading XD file separately in Adobe cloud to view the prototype in the app.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Automatically adding color and styles to Assets by 1 click
    It requires manually selecting the objects to add colors and character styles assets, but why it has to be manually selecting object? (performance concern?)
    It could be done in an automatic way from the whole document level, by having a update button to while having a function to opt-out from a object by object basis. And this integrates the Color used in a design with the swatch library.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When creating designs that include fixed elements, you have to place certain layers over other content (like an Apple App store-style tabbed footer menu for example), in order to get it to display in the correct place when previewing. However this makes for a frustrating experience when designing other elements which must sit beneath the fixed content. You have to toggle the fixed element's visibility in the layers panel, then toggle it back on to see it when previewing.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dear Adobe, could you please NOT add borders to my desktop design layout canvas when previewed in prototype mode? I don't want a black background surrounding the outside area of my screen, all I want is to be able set that color myself so the open layout can be showed as intended. So if the bg color of my desktop design is orange I don't want a black background outside my layout in fullscreen. It is totally pointless and it makes it utterly impossible to demonstrate and open design where the layout is fixed where I have set it and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Perhaps more of a Behance feature request, but would be cool to have the ability to choose iPhone/mobile skins when embedding prototypes in Behance.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I just created the first artboard of a series. I select it, then drag a copy of it over to the right and drop the new copy. Let's say the name is "List" on the first artboard. The new copy is set to "List - 1". When you have an original copy, that original copy is the #1. So, the second copy should be "List - 2", not "List - 1".

Also, I'd like to remove the hyphen. In fact, if we could just set how the incrementation works as a preference, that would be best.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I've now had 3 clients voice confusion on "how they can see the rest of the page" on the prototype. The way its laid out, as a frame in the middle of the page, is proving to be confusing even to typical enterprise clients.

I understand the reasoning is to display the page with the specfied fold, but I don't think its useful the way it's implemented. It makes it look like a picture on a page, not a scrollable window.

It may work better allow the prototype to scroll within the full height of the browser, and treat the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)