Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Competitive products like Invision App, and tools for product teams such as Wizeline have recently released this integration. Being able to develop UX and associate it with a software development task is huge.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Support for scrolling artboards in design mode as well as in the Preview window.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I just noticed that sometimes its hard to find artboards, text, layers if you have a large prototype pages in your project. I think it would be nice to have a search function like the photoshop layers that has the ability to search through layers,styles,text,layer names and more. Maybe some "solo"(after effects feature) feature as well to show only the page that you are working on.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closing this one as we’ve delivered search and filtering options for layers panel a while ago.

If you’re experiencing any issues with the current feature, please let us know in a comment or in a separate request.

Best,
    Dan

4. PLEASE add a Zoom capability for "Share for Review" public links. Unbelievable that when sharing a URL with a client of a website that is 1920x5950 that there is no way to zoom the image to fill the full width of the screen so they can actually read the text and see what their web page will look like. Why does the public link only allow the full height of the artboard to be displayed and not allow a zoom-and-scroll functionality? We've had to resort to sharing designs in Dropbox and using that zoom and comment functionality because XD never…

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When you are working with many different fonts it's handy to name them to keep check of what you are working with. However when uploading the design specs to hand over to the developer, it lists the font styles WITHOUT the custom names.

Please can you upload the style names too?

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Saved Assets need to be able to quickly copy pasted between multiple .xd files.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All -

We’re excited to announce that with XD May release, you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

Please give it a try and let us know what…

7. When using the Text Tool, it would be good if the edges of the automatically created text box snapped to the edges of the text. This would ensure distance between elements is calculated from the text itself, rather than the text box it sits within.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Developers and designers where I work would love to get a place on the new Design Specs feature where they would add comments against artboards or even an element on a page.

Maybe even code snippets and links to external systems to look at feedback from a client or user group.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With XD’s most recent update, Design Specs now has the same great commenting feature as prototypes. Developers can comment on specs and you’ll be notified. Any updates, changes, or replies you make will automatically show up when they refresh their browsers.

Thank you for upvoting feature here in Uservoice. Request you to please play around with this feature and as always keep the feedback coming.

9. 78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. For my team, this would be much better than just a dedicated in-tool comment system for getting feedback as this would make my prototypes more accessible to the whole team and company without the need for me to specifically send the link to select individuals.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to have an inbox with all the new comments listed and each one linking to the appropriate page/screen.

Right now you have to go through each page to see if there is a comment or not. This is tedious if you're using XD as a client review tool.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Version of Adobe XD: 0.6.8.6
    2. see att.
    3. want to change from solid to gradient
    4. cant be found as shown in the live ux seesion with matt on a mac.
    74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Linear gradients are in! Download the June release of XD today to create and edit your linear gradients for object fills. To access this feature, select the fill color picker pop-up and select “Gradient” from the drop-down at the top of the dialog.

If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the gear icon and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

12. I can't find this exact feature request so I thought I would request it here. Is it possible to build XD so that any Adobe Illustrator artwork can be pasted into it?

Photoshop has this ability so I'm continuing to use Photoshop for app design, however, Sketch has some nice features over Photoshop but it's inability to accept even the most simple compound shapes from Illustrator make it virtually unusable for serious design. If preventing users from switching permanently to Sketch is on Adobe's radar, I think y'all should get Illustrator objects compatibility going. It'll be the clincher to ensure…

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closing this one, as we have improved in December and with the latest release the copy and paste workflow between XD and Illustrator.

If there are specific things missing, let us know in comments or in a separate request.

Best,
    Dan

13. I noticed that if I add a component with multiple states to the shared library, only the currently active state is stored. Please allow storing the components with all of its states in the library.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to use the eyedropper tool to copy existing text styles and ability to click on existing paths to copy stroke, colour etc.

These features are available in Illustrator and would be really helpful in XD too!

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Apologies for the lack of update on this! We now have a new feature that should address this problem: paste appearance. In Design mode, copy any object and then select any number of objects to apply styles to (including text). Then you can execute the paste appearance command (Cmd+Opt+V for Mac, Ctrl+Alt+V for Windows) and apply anything from text styles to border styles.

As always, we’re looking for feedback on what changes you’d like to see in the feature going forward, so try it out for a little while, then file your suggestions here in UserVoice!

If you don’t see your August update immediately, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, click the gear, and select “Check for App Updates.”

Thanks,

-Elaine

15. When the developer clicks an element, the layer name is not shown. Today he can only see the type of that layer ("Rectangle", "Text", "Group", etc). If the layer name was shown the designers could append information on that layer like the asset name or the color variable that should be used on that element.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Whenever, you click on a layer in design specs, the layer type and name are displayed in the Design Specs properties inspector

16. I tried to copy a rasterized image and text from PSD but I can't paste it in XD. also from illustrator, I made a logo the i copy it but I can't paste it in XD. I hope it can't done by just drag and drop like Illustrator to photoshop. So we can get all assets in our workflow in a short time. All hail drag and drop...

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Basically the same function as flex has in CSS.

• Justify: Space Between
    • Justify Space Arround

• Direction: Column and Row

This will make is easier to spred icons or text in a container.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be great if XD could have an Extension that works with Sketch and Photoshop to export Artboards to XD - like you would do with Zeplin or Proto.io

The ability to import the exported dartboards into XD with all the assets sliced, imported and placed in their original/correct position, all groups and layers are preserved just like they were in the original design app.

This would be a massive time saver and speed up our workflow hugely

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

In our March release we’ve released the ability to open Photoshop & Sketch files in XD. After reading this thread, i think that feature is covering what was originally requested here.

Can you try it out and let me know if this is what you need?

How it works:
    You can bring your Photoshop or Sketch files into XD by simply opening a PSD or a .sketch file with the CMD-O command or by selecting “Open” from the “File” menu. Your file will automatically convert into a new XD file with your artboards, layers, and assets editable and at a high fidelity.

You can find more details about March release here:
    https://theblog.adobe.com/march-2018-update-adobe-xd/

Let me know your feedback.

Thanks,
    Dan

19. I'd like to be able to update my shared prototype from the Windows version of Adobe XD.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now update protototypes using the May version of Adobe XD! To check out the latest version, go to the Creative Cloud desktop app! If you don’t see the update, you can select the gear and click on “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

1 2 6 8 10 31 32