Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Please swap the order of the Align Icons
    to be:

Left + Center + Right + Distribute . ||| Up + Center + Down + Distribute

Left and Right should be primary and top and bottom secondary, at least in the so called "western world" we read from left to right and top to bottom, so it would actually be more user friendly, thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I can't see the whole name for my assets (colors, character styles, components) that have long names. This is made particularly difficult when opening files from Sketch, which by nature have symbols with long names.

Currently, as you drag out the assets panel, it automatically splits the list into more and more columns, never letting a column get wide enough to show the entire asset name.

A few possible solutions include either wrapping the text for long names, not breaking to multiple columns until the longest name fits, or best yet, sticking with what you have for the default behavior…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. We still use Reflow for typography and letting us see how it looks across the various breakpoints.

One of the great things about Edge Reflow is the ability to set independent margins across various breakpoints.

In XD on resizing an artboard, the grid margins remain the same when ideally they should dynamically resize.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I use the columns on the layout grid frequently to space objects but not being able to align objects within columns easily/automatically makes for time-consuming drawing of boxes etc in order to get the correct perfect positioning. It would be great to be able to align objects to columns either automatically when dragging (just in the same way objects align themselves to other objects) or by selecting an alignment preference (similar to InDesign) for layout columns and using the alignment buttons.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. There is no scroll bar visible in the page for the prototype when I look at a design spec in the web browser. I have a decent mouse but scrolling all the way to the bottom requires a lot of work for no apparent reason.

A visual scrollbar of the type that is in every other webapp and webpage that I have ever used would make the specs a lot easier to work with.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. copy to microsoft powerpoint and word as an image to make a presentation

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Apple introduced HEIC/HEIF Files about a year ago for the iPhone and I can't still drag and drop them into the Adobe XD application on my Mac with Mojave.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sometimes I remember the name of a button or notes I left in the document. And it would be very helpful to allow macOS to index files plain text content and make it searchable by Finder! Same applicable to Windows/Explorer combination.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. Convert an Adobe XD file into an OAM file or export as OAM file, example Adobe Edge Animate (OAM)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Right now I have a bunch of objects grouped together so I can move them all around and resize them responsively. But when I want to measure the distance between something outside that group with something inside that group it only gives me the measurement from the perimeter of the group. It would be nice if measurements ignored groups. I find myself having to move stuff in and out of said group to make measurements.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Over and over again, especially when I'm using Auto-Animate to mimic a modal view, when I have the above layer "slide" outside the artboard, it then suddenly becomes attached to a near adjacent artboard. It's EXTREMELY annoying.

Maybe there needs to be a built in "margin" outside an artboard, that keeps slightly outside elements still as part of it? Or, a way to manually assign an off-artboard element to a specific artboard.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Problem: I often think I'm missing certain weights of a font because the dropdown fails to indicate the list is longer than the initial view.

Solutions:

1) Remove the height limitation on the dropdown — show me everything!

2) If that's impossible, at least show me a scroll bar, or have the text masked at the edge of the box to indicate the option to scroll. And start me at the beginning of the list if possible — very confusing to be started like 3 items into the list

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I understand why the limit exists and I'm ok with the presence of a limit in the active shared prototypes and design specs.
    Given that nowadays almost every develop platforms have quite large free tiers (Azure DevOps, GitHub, TeamCity, AWS, GitLab, and others), the limit of one active project don't fit very well with the free tiers of those dev tools.

I think that a bigger limit could be really really appreciated from hobbyists, freelances and small startup (which are the users of those free tiers) who can do the upgrade to a paid plan when their business permit it.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have pins display in ascending order

Description: Display the order of pins in ascending order so the oldest pin is at the top and the latest pin at the bottom.

When looking at a page, you scroll down. It would just make sense to have the pins go in the same direction. Maybe give us the ability to toggle between ascending and descending.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Right before opening the project. Listed of all created projects should be able to right mouse click to drop a menu to duplicate or anything to do with outside of the project.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. I'd like a keyboard shortcut to quickly switch a chunk of text between Point and Area text instead of clicking with the mouse.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Under "Share for Development", I want to mark what an asset was designed for (in my case, always xxhdpi).

1) Determine on a by asset basis if this is for Android or iOS, instead of the entire project to be either iOS/Android/Web.

2) When the developer selects to export the asset, I cannot specify for them what the asset was "designed at", but I can if I export it myself from my XD project.

I design everything so it natively fits on the devices it will be demoed on, which is often xxhdpi. I also prefer how that displays on…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. To meet 508 compliance standards for our company internal users/editors/designers must be able to navigate the UI graphics without a mouse. This means using tab, enter, arrows, or whatever. It would be helpful to set multiple options for transitions so a user can tap or tab. This would mean that symbols on an artboard that are wired to another artboard can be selected without a mouse by hitting tab and enter. Symbols could be ordered as well within an artboard (similar to the "home" button) so they are selected by "tab" in a specific order.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Currently, holding down the alt key (Windows) shows measurements between objects much like how Sketch works. The problem though is that I can't hold both the alt key down and move an object at the same time. I typically used to like to measure distances while moving objects in Sketch, but I don't see this possibility in XD. Right now I have to measure with the alt hotkey and then move, stop, remeasure etc. I'd enjoy being able to both at the same time like Sketch.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)