Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring the best of ID into XD

- Linked graphics
    - Paragraph styles
    - Image cropping

PLEASE!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just in general, it’s best to file each idea separately so that we can aggregate and prioritize. As it stands, all of these have already been filed:

Please upvote them separately, and keep the ideas coming!

Thanks,

-Elaine

2. More fonts availability

There should be more fonts available, I am trying to create a website design and I am not seeing the most common fonts like Sans Serif or Robota.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Since we received no response on our query from three months ago, I’m marking this one as action-required. Please feel free to re-file this request with more clarification as to what you’re expecting to see.

Thanks,

-Elaine

3. Advanced prototype

you should make more prototype options... If you want this to be a great app look at some of the features in wix.com or ai2. I think like in ai2 you should use a block editor for anyone who wants to use it because it will open a lot of options. Also' look at all the wix features and see what you can add into the designing of this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your interest! We asked for clarification about three months ago, and have not heard back. If you are interested in this still, please file the issue again with specific features you are looking for instead a pointer to another service. Thanks!

Elaine

4. font

Styling fonts seem to be very limited in XD which is a shame because I love everything else about it. Not asking for anything crazy, but simply to add the same text box feature in Illustrator to XD.

The feature I'm talking about is the ability to easily change a line of text to a text box by double clicking in AI. Having that same feature in XD will help with my wireframing SO much.

Also, the ability to easily shrink or enlarge type. Right now I can only enlarge texts NOT in a text box. When it's in a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Regarding the first issue, you should upvote this: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13615449 (ability to switch between area and point text). The second issue – you should be able to change a section of your area text by highlighting the text in edit mode. Check out the documentation here (click on “Format text” in the navigation to scroll to the right area): https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/help/text-tools.html

-Elaine

5. Once a change is made, allow to "update-link" without closing document

I am able to open a file and make changes, then update the LINK under sharing.

However, after making another change, there is no option to "update" the link. I have to close the file and re-open to update the link with those changes.

My suggestion is each time the user clicks the "Share" button, to have the file check and see if any changes have been made. If so, allow to update-link. If no changes are seen, then gray it out until a change is made.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Repeat grid across 2 or more columns

I have a 2 column grid of portrait photos, but the images that I select for 'Repeat Grid' only populate one of the columns instead of both columns. It would be really nice if the photos repeated i.e. from left to right, top to bottom.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Rulers and Guides

This looks like it could eventually be a great competitor for Slack. However, critical to the design process are rulers and persistent guides, just like all other Adobe design products. This would seem like a first iteration feature. I couldn't really switch to XD until those crucial items are in place. Other than that, it's a very good start.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Prototype viewing - can window resize to current viewable art board size

When viewing a prototype in a browser (from a link) let's say we start off at a mobile size. Then when we click through to the desktop version can the viewport resize to the bounds of the art board dimensions please? The same would be in reverse: if you started off looking a desktop prototype and then clicked through to the mobile version, could the viewport resize to the art board bounds please?

It's a pain to have to keep resizing this when with clients or when looking at prototypes across various device sizes.

Thanks

James

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Gradient and More depth in Prototyping with extensive animations

Gradient and More depth in Prototyping with extensive animations
    like Flinto app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’d like to see a single feature in each request in order to be able to best aggregate votes! We already have both of these requests in the database, so please upvote the following:

Gradients: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12925683-add-gradients-to-appearance-panel

MIcrointeractions: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12869229-animation-support-microinteractions

Thanks!

-Elaine

10. (Near) Seamless Integrations

Think about it - Xd+Dw, Mu, Ps, etc. I am not talking about all in one (Although, that would be extremely awesome!). In Comp, we have the ability to "Send to InDesign." We should be able to, by the click of a button, send a project (with all layers editable) to other programs that have the ability build websites, UI's, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Layout and picture boxes, rulers and guides

The model for layout programs is to use layout boxes that you import assets into whether text or pictures. This what makes layout programs like indesign so flexible and powerful.

Mask with shape is absolutely the wrong approach.

Adobe has had the worlds best layout and design program in indesign for more than a decade now. The XD team seriously need to start paying attention to how things are done in indesign if they want to create a great product. Just because XD is for the digital workspace does not mean that the principals of what make a great layout…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Drag and drop vector files from desktop into canvas

Similar to photoshop.. I use this all the time and makes getting artwork in projects much easier

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hotkeys

Hotkeys for:
    Eyedropper tool
    Toggle between Design & Prototype
    Switch fill & border colors (like shift+X in illustrator)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It’s really difficult for us to aggregate these multiple-feature requests. Please do file these as separate issues in UserVoice so that we can catch your vote!

BTW, the toggle between design and prototype is already in the product: Ctrl-Tab.

Thanks!

-Elaine

14. Mouse scrolling around canvas maybe too sensitive.

When I scroll left,right,up and down it feels very sensitive and perhaps a little jerky when moving around the canvas.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I can't record the video on pototype at Mac Catalina

I cant record the video on prototype preview. i have latest mac catalina and also XD. please update the solution ASAP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Invite to private prototype without sending an invitation email

I would like to be able to invite stakeholders to private prototypes (Share for Review in particular) without sending them an email that they were invited. I am inviting a large audience of folks and my company has alternate means of broadcasting this invitation. This could be a "send emails" checkbox option when inviting users to a prototype (see attached image).

My use case:
    When a design is ready for review, I create an internal document (outside of the Adobe system) detailing the proposed feature set. This document contains a link to the prototype for users to be able to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. Right now, the easiest way to do this is to invite yourself and forward the link that is created in the Email to your stakeholders. Once they click on the link, they can request access using their own (free) Adobe IDs. As for the rest of them, it sounds like you have about 3-4 different requests in one ticket, which makes it hard to merge with other similar requests in the database. I’d suggest that you go back and file each one separately so that your ideas have a better chance of getting traction!

17. Space for publising and development links

It would be great to be able to check the used/remaining space for links. I have been told that there are 100GB space for links but I would need to know how much of that I am using or I have left because I am getting error 44:47 because of space problems...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Prototype comments panel missing

Saw error 69:-1 when updating a prototype a few minutes ago. When viewing the currently active link I could see past comments but could not resolve the comment. Now I can publish but when viewing the link the comments button / panel is gone (allow commenting was checked in the publish settings). Have a running history of comments from client and needed to view them and resolve specific ones

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Poor quality exporting at 1x

Since the last update while we export at 1x (png, jpeg or whatever) the quality is very poor.

Please fix it as soon as possible!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. XD App loading screen Hangs / Freeze Fix

I have found a Bug when using special characters and want to preview it on the App.

My XD App kept on crashing during loading screen of an artboard or file.
    I have found the problem.
    It was when I was using special characters such as "Ⓒ" even with the font-type Roboto .. that it crashes.

When removing this the artboard loaded normally

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base