Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. XD app - save prototypes locally on device

Protoypes tested on device must be saved locally for continuing tests even with USB cable unplugged.

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We just released a new update where the latest document viewed will always get cached, and it will be accessible even if you’re offline.

TAKE YOUR DOCUMENTS OFFLINE
    With this release, the latest XD document you’re viewing is always cached on your mobile device, so that if you unplug your USB cable (macOS only) or go offline after viewing a document from CC Files, your design and prototype will remain accessible on your device, even if you kill the app and open it again. The next time you open an XD document or use real-time preview via USB (macOS only), the previous cached document is replaced. With this feature, we hope your work is now ready to be tested and validated by designers and stakeholders, like a real app running on a real mobile device.

2. Design Specs for Enterprise customers

I'd love to see a way for for Enterprise customers whose companies have chosen not to permit sharing to be able to take advantage of the Design Specs feature. We need a way to export a local file that shows the specs that we can share on our internal, private networks. Without this, your largest customers are still left drawing design specs by hand.

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We seem to have missed marking this done when it was actually completed! For those enterprise customers who have sharing disabled, you can now work with your CSM to enable local publish. Please note that none of the services will be connected, which means that you will not be able to comment.,

3. Name color favorites/swatches

I'd like the ability to assign names to saved colors in my document's color palette library (the color picker "favorites" list).

This makes it easier to identify the correct color to use when my palette contains multiple similar colors.

This may also be useful for future features like making document-wide color changes (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869085-global-style-color-edits).

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export Assets as PDF

Add PDF to list of export options for Vector assets in addition to just SVG.

PDF contain embedded sizing information (in points), allowing assets to be used directly in iOS with no manual rasterization necessary.

This would allow an iOS/OSX developer to export vector assets just once, and import directly into XCAssets library immediately with no intermediate steps.

Here's how this is accomplished with Illustrator today: http://martiancraft.com/blog/2014/09/vector-images-xcode6/

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our July release will have options to export selected artboards or assets to a single PDF or multiple PDF files.

5. Full screen shared prototypes on desktop (fill entire browser tab/page)

Ability to view full screen (within your browser) desktop sized prototypes.

Gives you the ability to experience the prototype as if it were a live website.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is now available for shared prototypes. On the web, click the full screen icon at the top right of the page to see your shared prototype in a full screen mode.

6. Return the Fill eyedropper to its previous location and add a keyboard shortcut

I rely heavily on the color picker, and it is now two clicks away instead of one. Furthermore, there's no keyboard shortcut for it. Returning the color picker to its previous collection and/or adding a keyboard shortcut will save me a lot of time in the long run.

This is a crosspost of "Color picker now 2 clicks away" under the Bugs section: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/32248015-color-picker-now-2-clicks-away

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Able to comment on a specific part of the prototype

As you share your prototype it would be great if I could leave a comment anywhere in the prototype, say on a specific button or image, etc.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With today’s update of XD, you can now pin comments to an artboard. From a shared prototype:

1) Click on the comment icon (top right) to open the comments pane.
    2) Sign in with and Adobe ID, or as a guest.
    3) Type in your comment.
    4) Click on the “Pin to Artboard” link.
    5) Move your pin to the correct location on the artboard.
    6) Drop the pin.

8. Switch between grid and flow view for Share for Development

There has been a recent change to the share for Dev view. We relied on that view to express flows. Now it is in a grid similar to Zeplin. I get the change, but not the removal. It would be great to be able to switch between the two. This way individual assets are still quickly accessed and the flow can also be expressed. Our devs were looking at the linking and able to view the overall flow. This was determined to be extremely helpful.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  63 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Jira

Competitive products like Invision App, and tools for product teams such as Wizeline have recently released this integration. Being able to develop UX and associate it with a software development task is huge.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. [Windows] Artboard scrolling

Support for scrolling artboards in design mode as well as in the Preview window.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Find Artboard, Layer, or Text

I just noticed that sometimes its hard to find artboards, text, layers if you have a large prototype pages in your project. I think it would be nice to have a search function like the photoshop layers that has the ability to search through layers,styles,text,layer names and more. Maybe some "solo"(after effects feature) feature as well to show only the page that you are working on.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Closing this one as we’ve delivered search and filtering options for layers panel a while ago.

If you’re experiencing any issues with the current feature, please let us know in a comment or in a separate request.

Best,
    Dan

12. Export/Import Saved Assets (Colors, Character Styles, Symbols)

Saved Assets need to be able to quickly copy pasted between multiple .xd files.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All -

We’re excited to announce that with XD May release, you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

Please give it a try and let us know what…

13. slack integration

For my team, this would be much better than just a dedicated in-tool comment system for getting feedback as this would make my prototypes more accessible to the whole team and company without the need for me to specifically send the link to select individuals.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add discussion feature to Design Spec

Developers and designers where I work would love to get a place on the new Design Specs feature where they would add comments against artboards or even an element on a page.

Maybe even code snippets and links to external systems to look at feedback from a client or user group.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With XD’s most recent update, Design Specs now has the same great commenting feature as prototypes. Developers can comment on specs and you’ll be notified. Any updates, changes, or replies you make will automatically show up when they refresh their browsers.

Thank you for upvoting feature here in Uservoice. Request you to please play around with this feature and as always keep the feedback coming.

15. 78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Comment inbox in web prototype

I would like to have an inbox with all the new comments listed and each one linking to the appropriate page/screen.

Right now you have to go through each page to see if there is a comment or not. This is tedious if you're using XD as a client review tool.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. [Win] Linear gradients support

1. Version of Adobe XD: 0.6.8.6

2. see att.

3. want to change from solid to gradient

4. cant be found as shown in the live ux seesion with matt on a mac.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Linear gradients are in! Download the June release of XD today to create and edit your linear gradients for object fills. To access this feature, select the fill color picker pop-up and select “Gradient” from the drop-down at the top of the dialog.

If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the gear icon and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

18. Copy vector art from Illustrator

I can't find this exact feature request so I thought I would request it here. Is it possible to build XD so that any Adobe Illustrator artwork can be pasted into it?

Photoshop has this ability so I'm continuing to use Photoshop for app design, however, Sketch has some nice features over Photoshop but it's inability to accept even the most simple compound shapes from Illustrator make it virtually unusable for serious design. If preventing users from switching permanently to Sketch is on Adobe's radar, I think y'all should get Illustrator objects compatibility going. It'll be the clincher to ensure…

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Closing this one, as we have improved in December and with the latest release the copy and paste workflow between XD and Illustrator.

If there are specific things missing, let us know in comments or in a separate request.

Best,
    Dan

19. Eyedropper tool to copy styles

Ability to use the eyedropper tool to copy existing text styles and ability to click on existing paths to copy stroke, colour etc.

These features are available in Illustrator and would be really helpful in XD too!

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologies for the lack of update on this! We now have a new feature that should address this problem: paste appearance. In Design mode, copy any object and then select any number of objects to apply styles to (including text). Then you can execute the paste appearance command (Cmd+Opt+V for Mac, Ctrl+Alt+V for Windows) and apply anything from text styles to border styles.

As always, we’re looking for feedback on what changes you’d like to see in the feature going forward, so try it out for a little while, then file your suggestions here in UserVoice!

If you don’t see your August update immediately, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, click the gear, and select “Check for App Updates.”

Thanks,

-Elaine

20. Show the layer names on design spec mode

When the developer clicks an element, the layer name is not shown. Today he can only see the type of that layer ("Rectangle", "Text", "Group", etc). If the layer name was shown the designers could append information on that layer like the asset name or the color variable that should be used on that element.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base