Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. It really need to be available on Windows as that is a major OS used especially at work.

280 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I want to export my designs to ProtoPie using XD on Windows 10 - just like it works with XD on Mac.

268 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to copy wires along with assets. For example, if I have a home button that will always link to the same page, it would be helpful if I didn't have to wire the button each time. This would also be helpful when duplicating artboards so the links stay intact. For example, if I need to show a dropdown menu, I would do this by duplicating the artboard and adding a wire to the dropdown menu. In this case, I would want all the existing wires to stay the same.

264 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now paste wires with the objects in the May 2017 release of Adobe XD! Simply switch to prototype mode, and the objects will paste with their wires. You can copy and paste artboards with the wires between them intact, even to other files.

To check out the latest version, go to the Creative Cloud desktop app! If you don’t see the update, you can select the gear and click on “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

4. Possibilities of use lottiefiles (json files) on design and prototype modes with micro interactions and animations.

Lottie

261 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone!

I’m excited to share that importing Lottie JSON is now supported in XD 45 (released on 10/26). You can drag and drop Lottie JSON directly into the canvas and control when it plays back or whether it loops. In addition, we have partnered with the LottieFiles team and are also introducing a plugin to find Lottie animations more easily. Go get it!

5. When previewing prototype need to be able to maintain page scroll position between screens to support interaction and animation behaviours (in Preview).

255 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I'd love to be able to rearrange the component state order in the property inspector (the panel on the right in Design mode & Prototype mode). I would also love to be able to resize the section for component states. Currently it maxes out at 4 before you need to scroll.

249 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Adobe XD Community -

I'm glad to announce that in XD 49 we have introduced the capability to reorder components states in main components through the property inspector. To reorder you states, select your main component and drag the states in the PI to reorder them and the new order will reflect across all your component instances.

Hope you enjoy that feature. To learn more about how to use Component states in XD, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-component-states.html

Thanks,

Sherif

7. I love this feature in InDesign and Illustrator. In InDesign if you double click the lower right corner of the textbox it scales to fit. Similarly in Illustrator if you click the handles on the right center or bottom center of the textbox it will scale to fit.

This feature would help better determine handling to padding/margins be more reflective of final development

241 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can currently fit area text to its content by double-clicking the bottom area text resize handle.

It works both when the text is shorter than the area text box and when the text is larger than the area text box. When the text is larger than the box and truncated, the bottom resize handle will turn red.

8. Shift+Click allows to select multiple items.
    Cmd+Click allows to select inside a group.
    Cmd+Shift+Click would be nice if it selected items across different groups.

It's very useful to change details (i.e. color) across multiple items inside groups (i.e. icons).

Thanks!

238 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is now available in the March release! If you don’t see an update, select the … icon in the Creative Cloud desktop app and select “Check for App Updates.” If you have further feedback on this feature, please feel free to file a new ticket!

9. NOTE: originally this request asked for the ability to override many different styles, not just images and text. If you want to override other styles, please upvote:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/19626142-override-styles-in-a-symbol

You may also be interested in these related requests:
    - Override entire nested symbols: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/19592509-nested-symbols-override
    - Multiple swappable states inside one symbol: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13031871-add-multiple-states-inside-symbols
    - Resizable symbols: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/16939339-scale-resize-symbols-individually

Balsamic Symbol :
    Any group of elements than can be named and re-used across multiple artboards.
    Modifications to the symbol are reflected across all artboards that use the symbol.
    It gets better - you can override part of the symbol - text / color /…

235 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Symbol overrides are now available! Download the June release of XD today to get access to bitmap and text overrides (as well as the Apply command, which will apply your changes from the selected symbol to all other symbols).

If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the gear icon and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

10. I would like the ability to move an overlay through it's own transitions without impacting the underlying area.

For example, let's say you have a button that says Help.
    Click Help
    Overlay slides in with message box, asks a question.
    User clicks Yes. Msgbox transitions to a new box, but underlying background (not part of the transition) remains.

I have a problem like this where I have a drawer a user can expand over the contents to activate slides and switches. Problem is, once you start trying to use that toolbox, the background is lost.

Overlays seem to only be…

228 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We introduced the concept of component states, which can be used with overlays to enable the type of interaction you’re looking for. Definitely check it out on letsxd.com, and please feel free to file a separate ticket if you still need overlay states with the new functionality.

11. I think it's quite obvious.

Would be good to have blur option

Also:
    - Bluring everything below some element is quite popular (like iOS menus)
    - Blur should stay solid on edges of element (quite often it fades there)

226 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Rather than fixed zoom amounts, a Zoom tool (in the toolbar - z to select it) would be a great addition - allowing marquee style zooming

222 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded

Hi everyone,

just wanted to let you know, that we have just shipped the zoom tool in the July update of XD.

In addition to zooming with Alt+Mouse Scroll or Pinch-to-zoom on trackpad, you can now access the actual marquee zoom tool in the toolbar via the loupe icon (Z shortcut) or the temporary zoom like in PS and AI via SPACE+CMD, that allows you to do panning and zooming together when navigating the canvas.

Hope you enjoy it.

Read more about the July update.
    http://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/july-update-of-adobe-experience-design-cc-preview/

Cheers,

Tom (Adobe XD)

13. Please update the Apple iOS resource here:

https://developer.apple.com/design/resources/ to the latest version of iOS.

221 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The latest iOS12 XD UI Kit is now available on the Apple website and is reachable through the links within XD, on the start screen and the “Get UI kits” menu item. Thank you for your votes and patience as we worked through the issue.

14. I would like for there to be a way to display all available screens in the prototype. Currently the web view is good for presenting but not good for users who are not clear on what the flow is. Providing a way to jump around these screens would be incredibly helpful.

217 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I´m designing for several screens at once and would like to be able to create separate links for the different screens. Eg one for desktop, one for tablet and one for phone. So that I easily can work on all the screens at once and don't have to change files.

216 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. XD could really use a Round to Pixel command. Yes, I'm pulling this straight from Sketch, but it's awfully useful. The command simply rounds every anchor point to the nearest whole-pixel value, eliminating fractional pixels.

213 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature has been added in our November update (version 0.6.2): choose Object > Align to Pixel Grid to tweak the X/Y/W/H so the object(s) are crisply aligned with the pixel grid. You can use this command with a multiple selection or with groups selected to align multiple objects at once.

Note: aligning to pixel grid does not always mean the X/Y/W/H won’t have fractions. For center-stroked shapes (lines and Pen tool, mostly), sometimes the X/Y need to end in .5 to keep the stroke crisply aligned on-pixel.

I see some people in the discussion thread here are asking for snap to pixel “by default.” Adobe XD should already do that, with very few exceptions (see https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/16962847-resizing-multiple-selection-or-group-loses-pixel-alignment). If you’re encountering other situations where objects you created in XD are not pixel aligned by default, please file a new bug here in UserVoice.

Thanks everyone for all your feedback and…

17. Need to share Adobe XD assets library to other CC users. Not only Illustrator CC libraries, but XD colors/fonts/symbols lybraries. It's a must!

212 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

With XD May release, now you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

Please give it a try and let’s us know what you think

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

18. I would like to be able to position an overlay so that it is connected to a specific element regardless of whether that element is below the "fold". For tooltip, dropdown menus, and other interactive elements, overlays are awesome. However, in doing responsive design work for enterprise applications, there are many instances where a dropdown or tooltip will appear below the fold.

210 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of MAX of this year, we’ve enabled component states, which will give you the flexibility you need to be able to create flyouts, dropdowns, and other interactive elements that will be contextual to its placement on the artboard. Check it out on letsxd.com!

19. What is it with Adobe's hatred of sound? They keep coming out with apps that make it easier to assemble web sites yet ALWAYS exclude sound. There are a lot of creative projects I'd like to work on with Adobe but they require sound files. From a web site where you click and drag loops to mix the audio live, to a kid's virtual zoo where you click on an animal to hear the sound it makes, to a site made for visually-impared people who have to navigate by sound, to a site about how orchestras work where you can…

207 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We often send clients JPGs to show them the design, would be good to be able to export individual/all artboards (like in illustrator).

202 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re pleased to announce that JPG export is now available in the November release of Adobe XD. If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you’re looking for improvements on this feature, please do file a new request!