Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

612 results found

1. When your element has only a stroke color, apply the I color picker to it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to be able to: create a shape -> hit i -> pick a color from source x ; hit (modifier key) e.g. shift + i -> pick stroke color. I see it as intuitive workflow as you could accomplish a repetitive task on one keyboard-sequence instead of actual use case: create a shape -> hit i -> pick a color from source x ; stop - defocus - find pointer - move pointer to right sidebar - find stroke field - find and click on eyedropper icon - find color source and move pointer to color

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Thanks for adding gradients !
    Right now, we can add colours to our 'favourites' with the + button, could we also save gradients when in the gradient tool?

Something really nice too would be to allow the pipette to pick the gradient of a shape/artboard.

These too would save a lot of time !!

610 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When I open prototype in webbrowser and when I change zoom to 100% (or other) then background color change to "not white". In project in xd background is white #fff. So why background color changed?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. As has been noted for this to be a good web app it will need to fully embrace css and render it accurately.

However some display capabilities would inevitably require special markup, complex css constructs, javascript etc... in development that would be beyond the scope of this program if this is to remain a pure design app.

Therefore it would be useful to tag objects or artboards to display in strict mode - exactly according to css properties - or to display in lets say design mode to allow freeform placement of objects which would require additional markup in development…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. As a user who works with design systems and color palettes often, it would speed up my workflow considerably, if I could select a color swatch directly without opening the color palette.
    A quick selector that openes on hover and shows the swatches could be a nice solution.
    Or color shortcuts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Our team uses a range of code editors other than VS Code. Can we get support for editors like IntelliJ, Atom, etc?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  8. Switch colors between fill and border color option

Allow switching fill and border color. I mean, pressing a button and what is fill color will be border color mutually.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It should be possible to open tools and properties in separat panels like in every other Adobe Software ...

So you can - for example - look at layers and components at the same time, having the font properties always open, having a different panel for pathfinder options etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I'm designing icons in Illustrator, add them to a CC Library and would like to use these icons in XD. What's missing is the ability to apply a color fill in XD.

My aim is to use icons from a CC Library and place them within an instance of a XD Component, e.g. a button which I have established in my Design System. That button Component should hold information like color fill and opacity, so that I only have to (re)place the icon shape (coming from CC Library), but the color attributes (defined in the XD Component) shall stay the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. If there is a paragraph where there text color is not everywhere the same, on the design specs you can view only one color and not the second one.

It would be nice and handy especially for the developers, to be able to see/pick all the colors that are used inside a paragraph placeholder on the design specs mode.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

his feature is now available in all design specs links published from XD 21.0 or above.

XD will now let developers select and inspect different text spans in a single text layer that includes multiple styles, including superscript and subscript styles.

You may see this video for all latest features we’ve shipped https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLfZICf8deo

12. It would be very useful to have a detailed color picker like in Ai or Ps..
    This would increase the workflow very much.

thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Would be good to have a different color clipboard background to differentiate between design and prototype mode.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hi, when I try to get the properties for a grouped object in design specs I've not the whole informations I expect.

In the group I've a text and lines but nor text nor lines are described.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ondy:

Thanks for sharing your feedback! Alas, this is a limitation with the current implementation. The team is investigating ways to change for future releases. I’ve moved this post into the feature request forum for the team to update.

Thanks!
    Nina

15. Hi there,

Recently, I found myself usually make layout grid off when I used eyedropper.
    It's silly, who the hell select their color with layout grid?

So I submit this idea.

Thanks.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 281 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. There is a workflow where people work on picking different types of shades of colors as a part of their designs they are working for.
    It would a great asset if the color picker would allow the users to work through it with a better workflow

Prototype example Link: https://blog.prototypr.io/an-updated-color-picker-for-practicality-adobexd-294d5e4e5f92?source=friends_link&sk=84ed163845b694ea96a197be1b24d992

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add to Adobe XD (select fill color & select stroke color), like in illustrator!

If you add it, We don't need to edit icons in other adobe products like AI or PS, We can easily edit it on XD!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Link the font color to a specific color in the asset library so if you change that color it will affect the character style throughout

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. In the last few projects that I have been working on wherein we have used Adobe XD for designing the front-end, there are a few issues that we have noticed and perhaps, there are ways to work around it or solutions to optimise the process either at the design level or the code level.

Whenever I translate the Design to HTML using Adobe XD, I use the option key on my mac as a guide to understand and set the spacing between elements.

1. In some designs, although the designer has set margins and paddings as multiples of 5 - say…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)