Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create character style sets

It would be great to be able to create character style sets that can be used in e.g. UI kits and Design Specs for developers

Styleset for Desktop, Tablet and Mobile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Low-fidelity Wireframe kits and components...

Need to have components, objects, UI kits, etc written to support, Low-Fedelity wireframes. Reason for this is their the only ones that work well with Design lead workshops and ideation workshops.
    This because the users don't get distracted and overwhelmed by details like in the high fidelity mode.

Currently use balsamiq for this, but XD should be a better alternative with this feature request implemented.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share voice prototype through the app, not in a web browser

It would be extremely helpful to be able to share a voice prototype externally for testing using the Adobe XD app. Currently, when you share a prototype link, it automatically opens in a mobile browser which isn't ideal for testing an app experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unlinking components

In certain scenarios, I would like to unlink my components from other files, eg. if i imported the wrong components.

Right now there seems to be no way of unlinking your components, other than creating a new file and manually delete the one you already have.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Relink to library graphic

Add functionality that Photoshop has to 'Relink to library graphic'

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Alexa Preview plugin - screen dimension selection

ADOBE XD v 21.2.12.3 does not preview to "Amazon Echo Show 5" properly. I keep getting black bars on either side of my layouts regardless of what size I set up my artboards. The internet says the Show 5 screen dimensions are 960x480, but XD won't do that. Any workarounds?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The latest update GRID VIEW is so bad in UX

66 total screens, there is no sorting function and those image-card was too small. VERY BAD ONE, every time i return from card detail the search keyword was gone, and i have to search it again

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A way to pause animations in feedback view

Currently, if you have an animation happening across two artboards that just cycling between each other, it makes it difficult for a reviewer to leave comments. The only way to pause an animation is to click into the area where you can leave a comment. If there are already comments on that slide it can be a carnival game trying to click into that area. See attached gif. It would be nice to have a way for them to pause during review stages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow border or fill color to be focused so I can use saved colors from components to apply to fill OR border

Similar to the 'Color' tool panel from AI.

This can/should also incorporate other features like seeing the hex or color build information of the fill or outline without having to click into a secondary panel.

Tie in key commands like 'x' for swapping the focus from outline to fill, 'd' for resetting to base black/white, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Alexa Preview plugin + Adobe XD skill

Due to 7-22-2019 news regarding XD and alexa...

I have download Plugin Alexa preview for Adobe XD, however, skill Adobe XD at alexa app does not exist! When will it be available?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Copying individual element from photoshop

It would be great coping a Photoshop layer and paste down onto adobe xd.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Managing Multiple CC Accounts

The ability to download single files or folders from the cloud. Currently if you have multiple CC accounts (e.g. personal vs work) you have to download all files to your local computer. Or if you only want to work on a single project you need to download your entire CC library, which isn't necessary to work on single projects or files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show full list of features in on Windows 10 Hamburger Menu

It is a serious pain when there is no View/Object/Edit/… menu on Windows 10.
    I know that there is not top menu in UWP design principles, but it means that menu will be present as hamburger menu, does NOT mean that there aren’t necessary feature in menu.
    There are too many features which become inaccessible on Windows 10 (as screenshot). Missing these menu items make Adobe XD on Windows 10 look no functionally at all because of missing many basic necessary features.

It is not acceptable that user is forced to remember all shortcut keys from Mac then translate to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m going to leave this open, but everything from the Object menu is actually surfaced in the context menu (right click on an object or a selection of objects). You can find out all of the shortcuts there as well. The hamburger menu is really there on anything that is document-level (as was defined by Microsoft). We’re reevaluating what this looks like in future versions of XD, but I wanted to give you a heads up that you can find these shortcuts on the canvas itself.

14. Adopt a more 'elegant' style for scrollbars on Mac

Plugins, Layers and Assets panel at its minum width is a very narrow column on Mac. I think scrollbars are too large, also for XD's properties panel.
    It would be great having narrower scrollbars, as thin as in Windows or in the font menu, even better with a show/hide effect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fonts for iPhone

When I use the prototype in the iOS app, it fails to show commonly used fonts like Montserrat or SFPro(?) it has no sense that fails to show when the iPhone Uses that fonts

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there! SF Pro should display, but I’m not 100% sure Montserrat is installed by default on Apple devices. Have you checked out the answer to the question “Why some of my fonts are not being transferred to the mobile device?” on this page? Why some of my fonts are not being transferred to the mobile device?

16. Assets Switch

Hi ppl,

It would be great if we can switch assets color on Art-board by selecting 2 colors and giving option like "Switch colors" or "Switch color to". Check the attached image.

Cheers,
    Manohar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Keep text editable when converted to a component

XD v 19.1.22.6.

I converted a button into component. Duplicated the component, and went to edit the text on the next button, and it was no longer editable. The text became a shape when converted to a component.

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but seems important.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adjust artboard height from top of the artboard like in Sketch

If you have an artboard full with content and you want to add more content in near the top of the artboard, currently you can only increase the height of the artboard from the bottom.

It would be great if you could also adjust the artboard height from the top of the artboard. This would reduce the time it takes to rearrange the content within the artboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the delay! In this case, there’s a way to do what you want to do.

1. Select the artboard
    2. Turn on Responsive Resize
    3. Select the objects you want to pin to the bottom temporarily
    4. Switch responsive resize to “Manual”
    5. Click on the bottom pin
    6. Resize the artboard from the top

In this case, your objects will actually pin to the bottom when you resize your artboard. Please let me know if you want something different than this.

19. Can't copy group of object from AI to XD

I'm using newest version of XD, and have problem that can't copy group of object from AI to XD, it still work if I copy each single object, the prev version don't have this problem, thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Adjust error message when exporting to a file open in another app

I needed to overwrite a file when exporting it. However, I spent approximately 20 minutes trying to figure out why I kept getting the error "There was a problem exporting your asset. We'd love to understand what went wrong so that we can fix this for you. Please tell us about the problem here."

I finally realized that this was because I was overwriting an opened file (I was viewing it in Adobe reader). As a software engineer to a team of software engineers, I highly recommend making the errors much more specific to the issue.

if File.isOpen()
    sendError("Please close…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base