Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

612 results found

1. When outlined XD makes text single color disregarding other colors applied within one piece of text - it should preserve all the colors used.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Please remove the color property from a text style.

Here's a story: i start a new project and define h1-h6, body text and subtext. At some point i need a white H1 that's overlaid on a photo. Currently, i can select H1, but it turns my text black so i have to make it white again. This can become frustrating when it repeats tens of times throughout a project. In my mind, text styles and color palette are separate. This problem applies to both CC Libraries and XD Assets.

Thank you.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Many times we need the potential to design something completely new! coding is the best way that make anything possible. allows you to explore every creative concept—not just replicate patterns. Code isn’t just for engineers. code is one of the most powerful tools a designer can have.

Thank you to integrate a programming language code for XD (javascript, coffeescript or actionscript?) to design animations and transitions, like Framer (http://framerjs.com/), that enhance unique and innovative user experiences.

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sketch does this quite easily, and I think it has to be part of Adobe XD:

Essentially, when you mask an image, you should be able to make the image transparent in the mask while whatever shape is masking the image can keep it's color. This makes it super quick/easy to have the effect of images overlaying on a darker color.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Instead of knowing or learning the exact color code, HEX/RGB, it would be really great to actually work with the HUE, saturation and/or black level.
    Within the design system that I've created, the primary color is 204 on the HUE level and every other blue color will have that starting point.
    In Adobe XD, I cannot change the HUE level based on an actual number, but by guessing, which is frustrating and a wrong way of working — I'm currently working with PS opened, just so I be able to work with a proper color picker.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would love it if the color palette automatically turns into a color picker if you move your mouse outside of the color box (like it does in photoshop). It's so much quicker and easier to select colors that way.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. コメントのピンのカラーを選択可能に

コメントのピンのカラーを選択可能にしてはどうか。
    コメント毎に選択するのは面倒なので、ユーザー各々が自分のカラーの設定を行うなど。

How about making the color of the pin of comment selectable?
    It is troublesome to select for each comment, so each user sets their own color etc.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Currently when I right-click on a color or style in the assets panel and choose "highlight on canvas," all elements using that color or style will be outlined in blue. This is problematic when my design uses a similar blue, making it hard to see. I would like to be able to customize the highlight color to bright pink or some other color not used in my design so that it is very easy to see all highlighted elements at a glance.

Same feature was requested and described well on StackExchange here: https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/136145/can-i-change-the-color-used-by-highlight-on-canvas-feature

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When a symbol is selected on the artboard, show (in the properties panel):

• the instance name
    • the name of the symbol it's an instance of

I find myself doing A LOT of right clicking and then "Reveal Symbols in Assets" to figure out what symbols I'm actually using.

(Symbol use, management, overrides, and shared libraries are some of the biggest challenges we have in using Adobe XD instead of Sketch.)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like to see the Illustrator export to PDF window, where you have presets and total control over the PDF creation.
    Right now I had a day work, exported it as PDF pages and was terrified by the colors and quality. Had to redo all the work in Illustrator again...

So PDF export options and color profile choices.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I always have to put a rectangle of color in a group to defines its color, but the group itself is the right size. Why can't I just give it a color?

This is partially related to this idea:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/15957478-relative-positioning-within-a-group

If I could give it a color and relative positioning, you would match the Figma constraints feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. To access the color palette today, you need to click on the 'Fill' or ' Border' button. The color palette appears as a fly-out color menu. Please remove that. Instead, place it inside the right column under 'Fill' or 'Border' depending on what you choose. Why? 1. It's annoying. 2. It requires extra clicking to access 'Fill' or 'Border'. And that's less great ux. 3. It will take less screen real estate. Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Color stops fixed at the extremes are not easily selectable. They seem to be under the bars. Could they be over each bar?

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please! The way is done is not good enough, it#s kind of inverted. I don't want to highlight all the elements painted with the same color, I need to know the color of a selected element. Please, make this work like in any other software.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Right now, you can override text and bitmaps in a symbol. I'd like to be able to override appearance properties like opacity, fill color, borders, shadows, and font style.

419 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We’re excited to announce that with our May release, we have introduced Components (previously known as symbols). Components are design elements with unmatched flexibility that help you create and maintain repeated elements while varying the instances for different contexts and layouts.

You can create a master component to define a reusable element, such as a button, and you can change any of its properties to customize instances of that element (Size & Layout, Style and Appearance, and Structural overrides). Changes you make to an individual instance are specific to that element, but changes you make to the master propagates to all the instances where the property hasn’t been customized.

Components now could also be responsively resized with the same powerful capabilities of responsive resize baked in.

Finally, you could link components across documents to maintain a single source of your components using the Link Assets feature or simply…

16. Could you build a way to display variable names for color in the specs doc and the ability to write comments to developers?

Also, specs doc is not accurate when displaying colors, spacing and font sizes. You can see the workaround I built to make up for this deficiency.

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Similar to Illustrator where you can easily flip background and stroke color, it would be nice to have this in XD as well when experimenting with color options.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'm on W10. The library doesn't work at all. When I open the Xd my library items are absent. The only thing I was able to retrieve was some of my color library but all my vector files and color schemes is not available. I actually get sections I have never ever created! Like a section named Shapes. In the library item section I get the text "unsupported elements".

So is everything I have in my CC library unsupported in Xd? I thought the main purpose of the library was to be able to use the items cross apps? Seems…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The Color Picker now shows a second line to indicate which colors meet the AAA contrast ratio recommendation.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sketch includes a cool feature which let you have a background color on your artboard (like the fill setting on artboards in XD), but it also has a setting to Include or not this color on the export. (see attached screenshot)

This let us define a background color to work on our design, like when we design an icon, but when exporting the background is transparent.

This could be expanded to layers by adding a setting "Include in export" checked by default, so we can filter layers when exporting. As an example, when designing an app icon, i could add…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)