Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1042 results found

1. Please integrate some kind of visible save notification. The beta version took several seconds to save my 50MB file, but the latest release appears to do this instantly, but I don't really think that the process has sped up that much. I find myself clicking several times on the save button just to be save that my work was actually saved.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. Color swatch is Great!!... But we have not yet been able to delete the saved colors nor to edit them, leaving several unused colors in the palette.

I know a lot of ideas are being sent but I believe that color management deserves attention since when we need to change a color we have to manually change all the elements. My idea is basically to be able to edit a color in the palette and see all the elements flipping to this new color in real time. The gain in productivity would be incredible!
    In short, my request is:
    1)…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I see that you've been updating the Windows version to bring it to par with the Mac version. But can you first add some critical features to the Mac version before going full-steam on the Windows?

This way we'll at least have one platform with a strong set of basic features:

a) Non-scrollable elements to fix a header or footer.
    b) Show/hide elements so that I can emulate a drop-down menu or a popup window without creating countless Artboards and super complex links.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

These features are on our roadmap already, so you should upvote them separately to let us know you’re interested. We’re working on ensuring that we can deliver on both platforms going forward, and there won’t be that much longer to wait until you see new features on Mac.

Upvote here:

4. Starting to say that all the new upgrade are making my life way more easier and more time efficient, what i would really love is to have ability like the one a dos In Design file gives you. For instance, being able to use a 360 degree picture that interact through finger touch. The option to place a keyboard out of the work frame but still be able to link it to a button in order to pop up once a user touch that button. Finally add videos.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This request reflects three existing ideas in UserVoice. Please do upvote these ideas instead!

Horizontal scroll (for the 360º photo): https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13616781
    Artboard overlay (keyboard situation): https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12924909
    Video support: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12924336-import-videos-animated-gifs

Thanks!

-Elaine

5. Reset ROUND Corners

once you draw round corners and set that text/picture box, then extend/stretch the box, the corners look absurdly distorted/disproportionate/oblong or no longer round, so XD should allow to reset corner points please! thanks.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I sent out information about three months ago about the difference between path radius and rectangle radius. If you’re looking for an improvement, please do feel free to file another story on this if you’d like to see different behavior.

Thanks,

-Elaine

6. As almost all apps have some popup message, it would be nice ot add an example to UI kit.

I have attached an example.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. What is also crucial whenever a new platform comes is a transition to that platform. What if I have 100+ files in .psd or .ai or .sketch and I really like the new XD platform. That's almost 100% chance. For now, no platform have at least average solution for that. I have files in .ai but I want my team to migrate to .psd or .sketch... and it's time consuming mechanistic manual monkey job.

It would be great and ease the transition if XD will have:
    – Import to XD from .psd, .ai, .sketch with all the artboards
    – Import…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are several different requests here, and I think a bunch of them are already tracked as their own individual suggestions:

Please upvote any of those that you need, so we can get a better picture of which are the most important.

You can already bring content into XD from all three of these tools by copy-pasting individual elements/layers. Some of the issues listed in the original request here seem to be related to poor fidelity or other problems when importing content this way. If you’re hitting issues like that, could you please file a new UserVoice bug report with as much detail as possible? Ideally, please share screenshots or even an actual AI/PSD/Sketch file that shows the problem.

Thanks!

8. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merci d’avoir déposé un ticket! Cela semble être un bogue et non une demande de fonctionnalité, vous devez donc le déposer sur le forum de support de la communauté. https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/bd-p/xd?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

Ce message a été traduit automatiquement.

Thanks for filing a ticket! This seems like a bug and not a feature request, so you should definitely file this on the Community Support Forum. https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/bd-p/xd?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

9. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like to be able to position an overlay so that it is connected to a specific element regardless of whether that element is below the "fold".

There are many instances of long, scrolling pages where a dropdown or tooltip needs to appear below the fold.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

So far, it seems to be that you’re looking for some kind of overlay to happen below the fold. Components are great for this and have the added advantage of mapping directly to an object, no matter where it is scrolled to (bottom of viewport, top of viewport). I’ve attached an example of a tooltip that is on an object near to, but not at the bottom, of the bottom of the artboard.

11. I have icon component that has different states and it is used inside my field component, so every time I update my icon component in my master files I go back to my mockup file and I see my field components disappear from my artboard. Can you please fix this bug it is causing a lot of issues to me when working.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  12. Feature:
    There should be a way to add new elements to already created components.

Requirement Reason:
    This way we wouldn't need to ungroup the component to add the new element every time. The requirement usually occurs in incremental design when we need to modify an already existing component and also when you miss out some elements before marking group of elements as your component.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I thinks its very annoying that you now force us to present the design specs and prototype in the same share cause now it's impossible to iterate these two documents separately. Most of the times my design specs and my prototypes are different iterations and must be shared separately. Often we iterate different prototypes and we send design specs for just sections of the design, the section that has been accepted for release. With the new setup it's impossible to continuous this strategy and it messes things up. Please give us back the opportunity to share ONE thing at the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Very annoying that the Preview window is not at 100%.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Currently while having PS or illustrator open while working with XD it can be a little annoying when jumping back into XD you have to down the graphic pen and switch to mouse pad. I use my graphics tab more and more and being able to use it in XD with such things like the pen tool would really help UX imo

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Description: A toggle or a hotkey to show/hide the size of the objects and/or the distance between all objects in the project.

Why: It will make easier to know how to position the objects, to be exact the same as in the XD file, when you develop the app. well it not so hard to calculate it by yourself. XD knows how to show it when you move the objects, the only thing left is just to create a button to show and keep it on visible, but with automatically calculated distance and size of all objects. As a web…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sometime the autosave doesn't work so I started always saving, but then I don't know if I actually saved the project so I have to check if the Save in the File menu is deactivated, it would be nice to have a bar in the bottom that shows a message or a progressing bar to know that your project is being saved.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. XD is very optimisation tool like Sketch but Vector Editor no one can beat Adobe illustrator in XD we need like that so soothing vector editors (path finders)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. With just a keyboard and mouse the way to switch between artboard focus is very clumsy (alt+ scollwheel on mouse). I took me ages to figure this navigational feature out to begin with. And haven't found another way to manipulate the canvas (without touchpad or trackpad). Would be great to either have scroll bars on the canvas or short cuts to switch artboard focus:

Suggestions:
    - Scroll bars on canvas
    - Cmd-Arrow - to switch focus to the nearest artboard in that direction

The Cmd-scroll wheel just doesn't work and slows down workflow considerably.

Kind regards,

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. it would be really GREAT if we can copy from PSD and paste it on XD.
    I am using XD for Mac.

Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)