Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We already have a number of these suggestions in the backlog already, such as:

Please do swing by these three (and file other ideas) to help with reducing the number of artboards you need to create your designs.

Thanks!

-Elaine

2. Initial feedback

Initial feedback:
    • If I can use Command + R to access Rulers in Ai and Ps, I should expect the same in Xd.
    • Also, guides are extremely helpful for setting correct heights (think Android).
    • Echoing what others have said about Layers. Especially when having to demonstrate modal dialogs or touch gestures.
    • Mobile screens share common elements so allow the user to create Symbols.
    • Notes: how can these be added to a design when sharing files?
    • Support Asian typography; many of us share files across continents and internal teams will want to add comments to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d like individual suggestions to be fine-grained so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in, and we can get a better picture of which are most important.

Some of the ideas mentioned here have already been suggested separately. Please upvote these if they’re relevant to you:

About Asian typography support: could you give us more detail on what you mean? You should be able to enter text using Asian characters in XD the same way as you would type in other Mac apps. If you can, please file a new UserVoice request specifically on this topic, with screenshots and as much other detail as possible. Thanks for your feedback!

3. Native OS X UI when possible

I've noticed that Adobe is trying to use more custom UI elements in it's products which I actually find make them harder - not easier - to use. Products like Sketch have found a real following by using the UI elements and paradigms provided by the operating system. I think XD should use more of the OS UI so that it would feel like other apps that I use and be able to have updated UI styles as the OS is updated over time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The requests that have been in the comments thread are all related to existing stories in UserVoice. I’m marking this one as Action Required in order to close it out.

As noted in other comments in this thread, here are the existing stories you can upvote:

Thanks!

-Elaine

4. Lists and Tables

What I am missing while designing for the web with PS or AI is, the possibility to create lists (ordered or unordered) or tables or other stuff, that is possible with html/css.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. enable basic web effects!

great first impression but to make it use full there must be basic effects:
    slideshow (sticky as opption)
    pralax
    maybe hover
    please research the web what is state of the art!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I think most of the items listed here are covered by other feature requests already. Please upvote these if they fit:

In the future, please help us keep the feature request list tidy by filing each different feature as a separate suggestion. Thanks!

6. Fix position when Scrolling- Shifted to Prototype mode

In your XD tutorial, the part 7, The "Fix position when scrolling" is not anymore in the Design mode. But it is shifted to the prototype mode. Please change this in the tutorial as it is very confusing who is learning as he/she can't find that option in the Design mode.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. image rotation in mask

There should be a way to rotate a photo inside a mask. Right now the whole mask rotates and not just the image. See example.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

action-required  ·  4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Minimize text box and add "read more"

I'm looking for a easy way to create a expandable text box with the click of a button (e.g read more)

This is often seen in app stores and in news articles that that are behind a pay wall.
    With the text box minimized you should be able the see the content below (screenshots etc) but when you expand the content should be moved further down. Maybe this is already possible but I can't find the feature either in the software or in a tutorial. Of course I can build this my own with animations, but shouldn't there be a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BRING BACK THE OLD COPY INTERACTIONS

Pleasseeee PLEEEAAAASSSEEE.... bring back the copy of interactions while being on prototype mode.... after the last update, I have to copy and paste every interaction separately instead of just copying the whole group of objects with their interactions... it has made my work a loooot harder.... please!! thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Exporting artboards in high quality PNG, JPG, SVG or any other image format.

I've created this design for 6/7/8 (375x667) but when exporting the artboard to PNG it's not as high quality as on screen. I want to share the prototype designs of this artboard to my client but unfortunately, neither JPG nor PNG delivered the exact results that were intended or could be similar to the screen. When I export the image and test it on my iPhone 6, it seems to be blurry and with jaggy lines. Please refer to the attached image.

Kindly look into this as this issue is very important to be fixed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Shortcut on Replace, on Eyedropper+

Hey,

1. when you are about to create a new document with custom size on the startup screen, you enter the width in .px and when you press 'Tab' you can't move to the height field
    2 please add an eyedropper shortcut
    3. on mac, when you are about to export a design, and the pop-up dialog appears, the 'command+R for example shortcut doesn't work :-)

thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hi can you please add a lock transform to objects. So that if I want to re-scale an entire group everything would scale uniformly.

Hi can you please add a lock transform to objects. So that if I want to re-scale an entire group everything would scale uniformly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Selecting items should be a lot better. It is really unreliable

Selecting an item in Sketch is really way better.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. annotation, footnote, note

The options for setting the upper footnote are very missing in the text editing tools.

Can I ask for support in this area?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Repeat grid feature counterintuitive.

Most of the time I find myself trying to replace only one picture but all pictures on the grid get replaced. I know it's a use case but please give be a modifier while replacing the picture because I need to build my own order one by one and this is not possible. In order to do this I need to ungroup the grid and then all the magic is gone.

And it's completely inconsistent: I can replace a single text on a box by typing but can't do it with another element of the same group (picture)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. sharing prototypes and design specs to clients without a creative cloud account

currently users can only view prototype and specs only if they have a cc sign on. I would have to say a majority of our clients do not have CC.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. A small humble list

- Rulers
    - Text case formatting
    - Rounded end caps for strokes
    -

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

action-required  ·  1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show Value To Define Border-Radius for Rounded Rectangle

It would be great for developers to know Border-Radius for a rounded rectangle.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. More interaction options

1. Be able to create different status (normal, hover, click) for web.
    2. More options for interaction. Ex. Transaction between elements, or between elements and pages.
    3. Be able to create input files and allow viwer to click and input variate like password.
    3. It will be greate to create self animate image in the prototype. Event more something like icon animation (ex. spinner, progreess bar...)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you file one ticket per request, and you have four great ones here. All of them are already in the database and can be upvoted:

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base