Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

612 results found

1. Color Theme Tool (like InDesign) - maybe tied to the creative cloud.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Would be handy have the ability to edit multiple elements that share same animation properties by selecting them. I usually have to edit tables and rows with same properties/elements and I have to go editing 1 by 1 while all rows has same content and same animation properties. I know lot of designers would appreciate this fuctionality: edition on bulck

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be great to have the ability to 'detach' / 'tear off' the properties panel from Xd to accommodate use on multiple displays. (Like Ps panels)

This would give us more room to work and use all panels etc. on a second screen or even allow for floating panels.

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Texts designed with Adobe Source Code Pro font look always black in design/proto/share modes. Only underline, if there is, appears in chosen color. On published prototype in the web it is OK. The bag appearing on v 35.0.12.14 of XD and the previous one with macOS Big Sur.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. yes, i know is a prototype app, but always is good to take a little control of the code, and the posibility to change the form of view, cooment line, place jquery elements, etc.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Now the colors in Assets are forced to have a hex code as the default name.

Please:

1. allow options to change default naming to RGB, HSL, or others.
    2. automatically convert the existing color names in the assets to the same type of color code, if they haven't been edited.
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would love to have the ability to create overrides for master components. For example if I create a card, I would like to be able to select a text field, and in the properties panel have an overrides section where I can hit add. The properties panel would then give me a text field where I could type the new text and it would update that component.

That override field would be available on all instances of the component, each with its override content being separated from the other instances.

However, the text itself in the component would still…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. If you have a color palette and need to change a color a little you need to change the color for every layer with the old color again.

It would be nice to have a set color palette and if you change one of these colors all layers with the old color get updated.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Being able to select the color for the connectors not only makes it easier for me to understand the interactions better at a glance but when I share the wireframes with developers it gives more clarity to the progression of interactions.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. in 1920x1080 windows screen many important properties are not visible without scrolling. Please bring all items into view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Working with a developer, we think it would be a good idea to mark the name of the colors of fonts… we are adding in the asset panel in the panel right to the app.
    It will allows dev that are using the XD document locally on their computer (without the link) to watch exactly the name of the Color or the style for each element without reading informations.
    It will be also possible if the Color or the style used is focus in the asset panel.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. You create an element with a shadow with:
    X: 1 / Y: 1 / B: 4
    color: black opacity 10%

When you choose to share your design in dev mode, the CSS attribute are available.

What do you expect:
    box-shadow: 0px 1px 4px rgba(0,0,0,0.1);
    OR

0000001A;

Current display:
    box-shadow: 0px 1px 4px #0000001A;

Can we have the rgba + this code color?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When you view the prototype in the background color is white on the page that surrounds the layout, but if you click the fullscreen icon top right the same backgound becomes black, this also removes the text navigation links under the layout.

Why is this? And why doesn't the background fill the screen dynamically with the background of my web layout? It looks very strange when my 1024x768px gets a bordered frame around it instead of just getting a full background that occupies the screen, just like I would when making the same layout in Dreamweaver. When I preview layouts…

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. At the moment it's not possible to use Color Assets with Gradient fills, Borders and Shadows.

1) First of all, it's not possible to choose an Asset Color as a Border color, as well as a Gradient point and the Shadow color.

2) Second, XD should keep connection between Gradients/Boder/Shadow colors and colors from Assets, so when I modify a Color Asset, my objects are being updated.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Now all my color sets I've made in the system color picker for using in many other different apps are unavailable in Adobe XD. That was not very good idea. Additional little button to call the system color picker within the standard color picker panel would be appreciated.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A 'Properties' or Meta panel, different from a 'CSS' panel.

This panel would have information on imported or placed files and their attributes.

Files would have their source (src) property, original dimensions, size, etc. Maybe even a little thumbnail.

There would also be a way of changing the linked file, opening source file in associated software etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Currently, there's no simple way to look up or adjust the spacing of an existing repeat grid element (other than grabbing and dragging the spacing area).

This is sometimes bothersome because, 1) when just trying to look it up, you don't always want to change the spacing, and 2) finding the spacing adjustment area can be a bit fiddly.

Also, when you DO want to adjust the spacing, it can be a bit tricky to get it on the exact pixel.

Therefore, it'd be nice if the spacing property would show up as an input field in the right (…

236 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When outlined XD makes text single color disregarding other colors applied within one piece of text - it should preserve all the colors used.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The ability to assign predefined variables to properties of assets.

i.e. If I have a complicated mock-up and I want to try some different color combinations, I can assign all rectangles that represent cards to one variable, all shapes that represent headers to another, etc. etc. Then testing different color combinations becomes much more efficient.

Currently I have to go through and Individually select each asset and change the properties. Support for variables would significantly reduce design time and effort.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)