Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Expand Stroke / Create Outlines (convert stroke to separate filled path)

In Illustrator, I can draw an object and then use Expand to convert the strokes to a fill.

I would like to be able to do this in XD

727 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

129 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. iOS version of XD with robust iPad Pro support

I've been enjoying the XD Preview immensely, and find it super useful, with much promise. But I'm doing more and more work on the iPad Pro these days, and that's in large part due to the current crop of Adobe iOS apps.

A full-featured version of Adobe XD for iOS, including CC sync, would be amazing.

692 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  159 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. HeatMaps / Analytics (User Testing results) recorded from shared prototype online

It would be great to generate Heat Maps & Analytics of what users are trying to click on...completion rates, etc.

Maybe a "click counter" or "timer" to see how long it takes for users to accomplish a goal.

Maybe put this info under the "Manage Links" section.

641 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  31 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Wifi connectivity for XD app (not connecting only by USB cable)

Instead of being able to connect only by a USB cable, the ability to connect via wifi. Any roadmap for this would be useful to know.

640 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow multiple people to share a link to the same published URL (multiple owners of a Prototype or Design Spec)

Collaborative work: Updating 'share link' of an .xd file not possible on another machine

System: macOS Sierra 10.12.6
    XD-Version: 0.8.22.17 Beta

We are working with different people on the same .xd file. Updating the prototype link is only possible on the machine with wich the .xd file was created. The other people can only create new links.

1. Create an .xd file

2. Publish prototype

3. Save the .xd file

4. Open the same .xd file on another machine

5. Updating the published prototype link not possible (only creation of new link)

618 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

168 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export interactive PDF with clickable "PageTo" links

Please add the option to export all artboards of the prototype as a PDF document of many pages, preserving prototype interactivity saving links as PDF internal "pageTo" links (or invisible linkTo rectangles).
    So that in this way the prototype can be navigated in the PDF file like on a web page (transitions excluded of course).
    This would allow a very efficient "deliverable" design document for the client.

611 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  74 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Choose which artboards to share (share link to prototype/design spec subset / exclude some artboards when sharing)

Because we are often working with multiple dev teams on a single project it would be great to be able to select a specific path of actions and share them as a link. Example: share just the contact flow or the shopping cart flow.

The benefit of being able to see all screens and link to them is great. Being able to see and share a subset as well would be awesome. We could focus on just sharing that specific interaction and the team it is being sent to wouldn't have to go through everything just to see the UX…

611 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

118 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Glyphs Palette

With FontAwesome font files and the like, it's impractical to make quick use of their icons/glyphs without a palette, as the entire character set does not use qwerty, but are special/hidden characters.

I can live without granular type tools like kerning, but not having accessibility to the glyphs of a given font file is a dearly missed feature from working in Photoshop or Illustrator. At least on OS X, the OS character viewer is not as friendly as Adobe's other implementations of the glyphs palette.

Thanks for your hard work.

600 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export/Record Animated GIF

Give option to select which screens to simulate/animate/and export, give exact width/height options, speed, then options per format, i.e for GIF will give GIF options, for AVI will give video options and thus ...

601 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’ve tweaked the title so it covers only exporting animation to GIF format. This will help keep our feature list fine-grained so we can get a better picture of which are the most important.

For the other formats that were originally mentioned here:

10. Set Default Style for Text Tool

Description:
    Once I select a font in TEXT panel I want this font to be default font every time I use the Text tool. Until I change it again.

Why is this valuable to you:
    Now you have to change font every time when you use Text tool — bad usability. Slows down the workflow.

Additional request 1:
    Also, it would be nice to set a base font size for the project. So that every time I use Text tool I'm suggested this exact size.

Additional request 2:
    Possibility to set up default global font sizes for <p>, <h1>, <h2>,…

569 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Note: there’s a limited version of this feature already available. If you select an existing piece of text and then leave it selected while you use the Text tool to create new text, its style will match the piece of text you had selected.

11. Use Mobile Device to Show Palettes

Is there a way you could create the ability to use a mobile device to display actionable palettes?

I use a two display setup on my desktop. When I travel I have to use my laptop which means I can't have very many palettes available without using up my project workspace on screen.

What if I could connect my mobile device via usb or bluetooth and have actionable palettes displayed there. I could have several palettes onscreen on a tablet, or on a phone, then I could just swipe left or right to the palette I wanted. I could then…

567 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Drag in multiple directions

Would love to drag an object both directions. Perhaps if we could add hot spots to the left and right of a container, then you can either drag it left or right.

Example: in g-mail, drag the message right to delete, left to archive. Would like to render this behavior.

Thought two, add these touch points or hot spots to and image so I can drag left or right from the image itself to go forwards or backwards.

560 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Customize Keyboard Shortcuts

I know that your design team probably had some rationale when defining shortcut keys for actions. For example, Z does not bring up the zoom tool, A is used for artboard creation instead of direct selection, etc. On the And that's fine - you can't design for the convenience of every user. But it'll be super duper awesome if you can let us define our own shortcuts... and sooner rather than later please.

531 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  83 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Gradient color swatches in color picker popup

Thanks for adding gradients !
    Right now, we can add colours to our 'favourites' with the + button, could we also save gradients when in the gradient tool?

Something really nice too would be to allow the pipette to pick the gradient of a shape/artboard.

These too would save a lot of time !!

526 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While XD doesn’t yet have this feature to save gradients in the color picker popup’s swatches, you do have several other options today:

- Store gradients in the Assets panel swatches: open the Assets panel on the left side (View > Assets), and click the “+” next to Colors. Then select any other object and click the gradient swatch to apply it to that object.

- Copy gradient fills between objects: use regular Copy on the source object, then select the destination object and choose Paste Appearance.

15. When creating a text field, automatically fill it with lorem ipsum.

Well, just as the title says. When selecting a text field and dragging across an art board, fill it with lorem ipsum automatically. If you don't need a dummy text - simply start writing to overwrite it. Would make prototyping text rich websites much faster.

523 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  28 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Update interaction wires across symbols / components (keep in sync)

Adding a wire to an object inside a symbol or changing a wire inside a symbol should create/change the same wire/link across other instances of that symbol in the same way styles/text etc changes other instances.

This would allow navigation to be edited throughout a project.

I love the convenience of symbols, and I love that we can now add links to objects within a symbol, but not being able to propagate that interaction to other symbols is a problem for me.

514 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  136 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 478 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Parallax and other effects while scrolling

Add parallax and other effects for masked areas

478 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Dynamic link with other CC file formats - edit in Photoshop/Illustrator auto-updates in XD

It would be great to simply import psd files into XD through either 'file // import PSD', or, in photoshop, 'file // export to XD', without having to rework the files.

An example for this would be a user that is designing an app in photoshop and has around 15 artboards. It would be great if the user could simply import each artboard into XD to create a wireframe to show a client / colleague, whilst also continue to make amends to the artboards in photoshop.

This could involve having some kind of Dynamic link between Photoshop and XD, so…

473 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow component instance overrides to be inherited by all states

Currently (XD 24.0.22.19), if I drop an instance of a component and then adjust part of it (text in a button, size of the instance, etc.), that override is only applied to the selected state of the instance. So, if I have a button with many states (normal, hover, disabled, active, default action, etc.) I have to manually apply that override to each state of the instance. This is extremely tedious and error prone.

Please provide the ability to have an override of an instance be inherited by all states in that component instance.

471 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  95 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base