Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom Scroll Animation Behaviour

Most of modern apps have some custom behaviour - for example

In user profile, you see big profile picture, but when you scroll down to see user posts - picture gets smaller and moves to the corner.

Would be cool to be able to treat scroll position as kind of keyframes timeline, where you can modify styles of some elements and tween them depending on how much some view is scrolled.

Some tools have kind of similar option - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRHuAq4PqQo - check first 30 secs.

512 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-under-review  ·  42 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. HeatMaps / Analytics (User Testing results) recorded from shared prototype online

It would be great to generate Heat Maps & Analytics of what users are trying to click on...completion rates, etc.

Maybe a "click counter" or "timer" to see how long it takes for users to accomplish a goal.

Maybe put this info under the "Manage Links" section.

502 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  27 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. iOS version of XD with robust iPad Pro support

I've been enjoying the XD Preview immensely, and find it super useful, with much promise. But I'm doing more and more work on the iPad Pro these days, and that's in large part due to the current crop of Adobe iOS apps.

A full-featured version of Adobe XD for iOS, including CC sync, would be amazing.

497 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  116 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set Default Style for Text Tool

Description:
    Once I select a font in TEXT panel I want this font to be default font every time I use the Text tool. Until I change it again.

Why is this valuable to you:
    Now you have to change font every time when you use Text tool — bad usability. Slows down the workflow.

Additional request 1:
    Also, it would be nice to set a base font size for the project. So that every time I use Text tool I'm suggested this exact size.

Additional request 2:
    Possibility to set up default global font sizes for <p>, <h1>, <h2>,…

487 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Note: there’s a limited version of this feature already available. If you select an existing piece of text and then leave it selected while you use the Text tool to create new text, its style will match the piece of text you had selected.

5. Find and Replace - Text

It would be great to have a generic "find and replace" inside the edit menu like most text editors have. What would be even better is if you could select the find and replace function to use the current art board, or all art boards. This is super helpful if you're mocking up redundant content that has a slight name change between screens.

481 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 471 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Export interactive PDF with clickable "PageTo" links

Please add the option to export all artboards of the prototype as a PDF document of many pages, preserving prototype interactivity saving links as PDF internal "pageTo" links (or invisible linkTo rectangles).
    So that in this way the prototype can be navigated in the PDF file like on a web page (transitions excluded of course).
    This would allow a very efficient "deliverable" design document for the client.

456 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  50 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When creating a text field, automatically fill it with lorem ipsum.

Well, just as the title says. When selecting a text field and dragging across an art board, fill it with lorem ipsum automatically. If you don't need a dummy text - simply start writing to overwrite it. Would make prototyping text rich websites much faster.

439 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  26 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Apply gradient to border/stroke

When I import a SVG file with a gradient on the stroke, it becomes gray in XD. And there is no way that I can make the border/stroke with gradient color.

I feel it will be nice to apply gradient to the border so that I don't have to expand the stroke.

437 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Glyphs Palette

With FontAwesome font files and the like, it's impractical to make quick use of their icons/glyphs without a palette, as the entire character set does not use qwerty, but are special/hidden characters.

I can live without granular type tools like kerning, but not having accessibility to the glyphs of a given font file is a dearly missed feature from working in Photoshop or Illustrator. At least on OS X, the OS character viewer is not as friendly as Adobe's other implementations of the glyphs palette.

Thanks for your hard work.

433 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Dynamic link with other CC file formats - edit in Photoshop/Illustrator auto-updates in XD

It would be great to simply import psd files into XD through either 'file // import PSD', or, in photoshop, 'file // export to XD', without having to rework the files.

An example for this would be a user that is designing an app in photoshop and has around 15 artboards. It would be great if the user could simply import each artboard into XD to create a wireframe to show a client / colleague, whilst also continue to make amends to the artboards in photoshop.

This could involve having some kind of Dynamic link between Photoshop and XD, so…

428 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Multiple pages (separate sets of artboards)

Sometimes, for 1 design project we need to make several options and to do so currently we need to create new files every time and name them with versions. So I think it would be really cool if we can create multiple designs within the same file and then be able to have multiple prototype links also based on different options, that would organize stuff and make it much easier.
    Thanks!

424 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Update interaction wires across symbols / components (keep in sync)

Adding a wire to an object inside a symbol or changing a wire inside a symbol should create/change the same wire/link across other instances of that symbol in the same way styles/text etc changes other instances.

This would allow navigation to be edited throughout a project.

I love the convenience of symbols, and I love that we can now add links to objects within a symbol, but not being able to propagate that interaction to other symbols is a problem for me.

421 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  125 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. View and share design prototypes at actual size

The full-screen feature is nice but I need to be able to show clients what my designs will look like at actual size on the web. The prototypes need to be displayed at the size they are designed at. This is the one feature that would justify me switching from using InVision for my prototyping.

410 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  99 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Gradient color swatches in color picker popup

Thanks for adding gradients !
    Right now, we can add colours to our 'favourites' with the + button, could we also save gradients when in the gradient tool?

Something really nice too would be to allow the pipette to pick the gradient of a shape/artboard.

These too would save a lot of time !!

406 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While XD doesn’t yet have this feature to save gradients in the color picker popup’s swatches, you do have several other options today:

- Store gradients in the Assets panel swatches: open the Assets panel on the left side (View > Assets), and click the “+” next to Colors. Then select any other object and click the gradient swatch to apply it to that object.

- Copy gradient fills between objects: use regular Copy on the source object, then select the destination object and choose Paste Appearance.

16. Expand Stroke / Create Outlines (convert stroke to separate filled path)

In Illustrator, I can draw an object and then use Expand to convert the strokes to a fill.

I would like to be able to do this in XD

396 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 387 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Font Awesome integration

When I need Font Awesome icons, I have to go and create them in Illustrator, rasterise them and import them into XD.
    My FontAwesome ttf font family appears in the font list but it doesn't work (not applied to selection).
    Ideally I would want to select FontAwesome from the font list (or as a glyph), type it, and rasterise/vectorise it.

383 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Interactive Native Widgets/Controls to Prototypes

Support for native device functions (e.g. Cordova).

Example dropdown selection, media players, maps, etc.

This would increase the demo's effectiveness and allow for a more real-world prototype.

382 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  16 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Customize Keyboard Shortcuts

I know that your design team probably had some rationale when defining shortcut keys for actions. For example, Z does not bring up the zoom tool, A is used for artboard creation instead of direct selection, etc. On the And that's fine - you can't design for the convenience of every user. But it'll be super duper awesome if you can let us define our own shortcuts... and sooner rather than later please.

375 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  60 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base