Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. I have three iphone 6 screens.

Menu, Home, Content

on the content screen I changed the height to (1,000px) the width on all three are 375px. On preview it breaks and trys to display the entire screen. By deafult I expected to have the screen scroll to show all the contents of that page. I did not expect it to try and show all the content. It took me about 30mins to realize what it was doing. And that I cannot have it scroll. This is not cool, need to be able to show this in all my previews.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

With the latest version you can scroll “long artboards” … We’ll be continuing to improve this feature add additional scroll related features (e.g. viewport scrolling), but for now I’m going to mark this as complete.

2. Just the ability to be able to click and drag a layer or object across in Xd would be class.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the latest version of Adobe XD it is now possible to drag & drop layers from Photoshop into XD to import them. (You can also copy-paste).

You can copy-paste individual assets from Illustrator into Adobe XD, though you can’t drag & drop them.

That seems like enough to call this feature completed now. Please let us know if I’ve misunderstood what you’re asking for, though.

3. It would be very handy to be able to apply a translucency blur effect like the native IOS one.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A set of keyboard commands for the object alignment features.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hi. Thanks for the opportunity to try out Adobe XD!

One thing that takes up a lot of my time designing is when I change the height of one object and have a lot of content beneath it. Then I have to select all that content beneath and move it regarding to the height change earlier. Well that I can live with. But...

... what about when you change the font size in one block. Then I would like that block to adjust the height according to the content. And I would like all the content beneath to automatically change…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Would be nice to be able to switch between landscape/portrait modes when you start a new design (or even while working on an existing design).

Now all templates start as portrait views and you can only mimic a landscape orientation by creating a custom size template.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. There is no Right Click Option, which would be useful, especially for the "Make Repeat Grid" Feature

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Paste SVGs from Sketch files correctly. Right now you can't paste an icon from Sketch directly into Adobe XD. What you get is the rectangle with the bounding box, not the actual SVG you wanted.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In our July update, we will have direct copy/paste from Sketch to XD via PDF on the clipboard. SVG import will likely still give you better fidelity going from Sketch to XD. We have made improvements to the import with every release, so, please try it again.

1) In Sketch, do “Copy SVG” from the context menu
    2) Paste into XD.

9. it shows shared 53 years ago on shared project file under "Shared with you" Tab

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I think this used to work, if I remember right, but now whenever I get an email notification of a comment (or even when I click on the notification from within the prototype online link), when I click on the comment I just get taken to the first artboard - not the one the comment is on.

So as it stands, the notifications (both in the online link and email) are useless, other than to tell you that there are comments, somewhere. It's then up to me to sift through every page and find the comment

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BUG: When an image is placed in a rectangle with drop shadow, it can't be repositioned or resized—when double-clicking it just jump directly into editing the shape, and no image is shown in the layers panel.
    (XD 42.1.22.4 x64 Mac OS)

Please fix this

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. All the icon svg paths in the polaris icon system won't open in XD. It seems to be valid svg and renders in the browser just fine. It also won't open in Illustrator.
    https://polaris-icons.shopify.com/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. My marketing team and my design team need to align. We would like to have a design management system where we can update our components, colors, fonts, styling, spacing etc.

As the leading design product this should honestly be included anyway!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

You can now publish from XD to a Creative Cloud Library, which can be used across multiple teams. If you’re interested in more specific things that you’d like to have in CC Libraries, please do feel free to file a new ticket.

14. The link to Google Material Design is outdated, and the new page does not include an XD document. Can this be updated please making use of the components and button states and other new features?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. As an Adobe Xd user that uses many stack groups, I would like to quickly duplicate individual items within a stack.

See video attached for example:
    1. Outside of stack groups the default behavior of holding ALT/Option key while clicking and dragging an object is to duplicate it.
    2. Holding ALT/Option key on an object within a stack group does nothing.
    3. (Workaround) Copy / Pasting an object within a stack group with Command+C & Command+V duplicates the object in the correct location.

This is 1 of 2 minor bugs I've found with stacks, but I think I'm only finding…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The first thing I see on XD is a choice to create a new design. The predefined items have a multitude of Apple devices and a token "Android" or "Custom" option.

The real world mostly use non-Apple devices. There are many different sized android phones & Tables, Chromebooks, Windows Surface etc. It is about time Adobe products recognised this and treated non-apple hardware as a first class citizen and not an after thought.

Support what our customers need, not what you personally prefer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please let me have my JPGs at 3x!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The new padding feature is cool, but a little too limited. I’d like for it to be able to adjust padding for the outside of groups/components in order to help with building design systems.

For example, when I build a website, a page is often made up of smaller sections (components). I would like to be able to define margin on those components so that each one has an even amount of spacing between the next. That way if I update the height of any of those components or change content that affects its size, components around that one will…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I'd like to see extra info displayed on the Share panel. Things like when you made a new link and the likes. I constantly get asked if I've shared a link or updated a prototype and then I can't remember. Info like this will help me.

One other thing that would be nice is an indication when an update has been pushed successfully. Currently, when the update has been pushed there is no feedback visually or auditory to indicate such an action. Imagine a chime along the lines of After Effects when a render is done. The panel closed sometimes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Easiest way by far to share colors & text style across documents. Should work like symbols - update Master in Master doc, propagate changes from master to children

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)