Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. To speed workflow it would be good to have button tool in the sidebar. In the property inspector you'd have the ability to specify the top,bottom, left and right padding. the width of button would dynamically resize as you type the button's label.

1,267 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 1,217 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear XD Community -

I’m happy to share that as part of XD 44, we have delivered the long awaited assets organization feature 🎉. So now you can flexibly groups your assets to help you organize, navigate and find your assets much faster.

This feature will allow you to:
    1. Create unlimited groups and sub-groups for all your assets
    2. Easily move assets between groups by drag-n-drop or using the move dialog
    3. Custom Reorder your groups
    4. Publish linked libraries with groups
    5. Sort your document assets panel by name

To learn more about this feature check: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/work-with-assets-and-libraries-xd.html

Please give it a try and let us know what you think.

Thanks,
    Sherif

3. 1,214 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I am trying to create icons in XD and want to make sure they are symetrical but there is no flip option in the edit menu.

I tried to use the width, height and coordinates to do this but without guides, or the ability to unlock the ratio this does not work either

1,122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Import Illustrator file with options to select layers and/or artboards.

This would increase ease of use and workflow, so a user is not always switching between apps.

1,070 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

I’m happy to announce that with version 13 you can natively open Illustrator files in XD. Layers, artboards, effects, symbols and artwork are preserved, editable and at the best visual fidelity.

To open an Illustrator file in XD, do one of the following:
    - In XD, select File > Open. Navigate to the required folder, select an .ai file, and open in XD. You can also use the Cmd+O (Mac), or Ctrl+O (Windows) keyboard shortcuts.
    - Drag the Ai file over the XD icon (on Mac only).
    - Right-click the Illustrator file and select Open with > XD from the sub menu.

Here’s a list of what’s supported and not supported at this time: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/open-illustrator-files-in-xd.html

We’re also working on adding the same transfer fidelity for copy & paste from Ai workflow, so keep an eye on our next releases.

Thanks for voting this feature and let us know…

6. You can easily make text bold or italic in XD, but not underlined. There should be an Underline style or toggle button for creating designs with links, etc.

1,063 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now underline text in the December release of Adobe XD. If you’re interested in improvements to the underline feature (like adjusting the distance between the underline and the baseline), please do feel free to file that as a separate ticket!

-Elaine

7. It would be awesome to have blending modes in the sidebar.

1,062 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide the ability to reposition/move images within masks.

If you make a mask via Object > Mask With Shape, then you can double-click into it to reposition the image (or other content) within the mask.

However, if you drag an image file onto a shape, it gets masked by the shape and you CANNOT reposition the image or adjust the cropping. It is auto-cropped to fill the shape when you resize it, but you don't currently get full control of the cropping.

1,032 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In Illustrator, I can draw an object and then use Expand to convert the strokes to a fill.

I would like to be able to do this in XD

915 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 893 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be a good way to organize elements if we have the layer panel. Locking and unlocking elements is just a click away.

883 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be very helpful to have symbols in order to have reusable elements that can be updated in one place and have those edits instantly take effect in all instances/artboards in the design.

832 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m happy to say you can now use symbols in the November release of Adobe XD!

Thanks to everyone who voted on this — it honestly does make a difference in making this happen sooner.

There are lots of ways we could expand on this initial set of symbol features. Please let us know your opinion by upvoting follow-up suggestions like these:

And as always, feel free to file new suggestions if you have other ideas that aren’t posted in UserVoice yet!

13. I want to have a consistent set of swatches, with the ability to import saved palettes or to share/export a palettes. It would be nice to have access to multiple palettes as well

821 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone!

We’re excited to announce that with XD May release, you could now create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

Please give it a try and let us know what…

14. I would like to share my full document to my team in order to communicate all specifications I added. This would help them giving a bit more context to the prototype and also be able to see all the different states of a pattern to build.
    Maybe save as a PDF file or also online?

787 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve released the Design Specs feature in our November release as a Beta. You can now publish a Design Spec, which will show your developer an overview of the flow and allow them to introspect measurements and styles. We’re working on additional functionality based on this foundation, so I’m closing this feature as completed in order to get new suggestions as to what specific additions you’d like to see to the Design Specs feature.

Please also note that we now have a new feature area called “Design Specs” in UserVoice, so please file new feature requests there! As a reminder, please file one suggestion per UserVoice submission so that we can better aggregate!

-Elaine

15. Allow the user to add a password to shared prototypes.

772 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 758 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In order to make global typography changes, it would ber very useful to have paragraph styles as part of the feature set. Bonus: export CSS from these paragraphy styles.

745 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Now that Adobe XD allows designers to measure all their elements. There's still the problem of having to deliver the design to the developers. They always require a spec sheet with the measurements. They don't want to download Adobe XD because they think it's hard to use, and would rather have a PDF opened instead.

It would be great to have a feature where I can have the measurements present itself on the page when I export to PDF, instead of having to manually type in the measurements as well as drawing the lines between the elements of my app…

736 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve released the Design Specs feature in our November release this week as a Beta. You can now publish a Design Spec directly from XD, and your developer can get measurements of objects by selecting the object from the detail view of the screen. We’re working on additional functionality for this feature and are looking for feedback, so please try it out and file new feature requests in this area against the Design Specs feature area.

Thanks,

-Elaine

19. Auto save take away the worry of saving and losing data.

722 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

With XD versions 8 and 9 we’ve gradually released Auto-Recovery. This is a feature that restores files automatically in the event of an application or system crash. Auto-Recovery is enabled by default and available for both Windows 10 and Mac users.

How it works:
    - While editing an XD file, Auto-Recovery runs in the background and stores the edits in a backup file at every 5 seconds. Every time you save the file, the backup is cleaned up from your disk, so there’s no impact on storage.
    - In the event of an application or system crash, the backup file is used to restore the last unsaved edits to the original files.
    - At next XD launch, the recovered file is available as a recent file in the Start screen or the “File” menu option.
    - Recovered files can be identified by the “*” character added at the…

20. • can't edit any part of text separately . Try to give different weight,style,size or color any piece of text, this changes whole text.
    • can't kern any text
    • can't give a line height *this is vital
    • can't reach glyph

706 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded