Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Folders for cloud documents

Our team names xd files to link to jira tickets. It'd be very helpful for the cloud to have a folder structure for separating releases into batches.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to define wire color

Being able to select the color for the connectors not only makes it easier for me to understand the interactions better at a glance but when I share the wireframes with developers it gives more clarity to the progression of interactions.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  14 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hotspot hints in Preview

When viewing my prototype using Preview, I would like to see the same hotspot hints that my team members will see when they view my prototype on the web.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  15 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Apple Watch Preview App

Apple watch Adobe XD app (that runs on Apple watch watch).
    Wouldn't require many additional features compared to its iPhone counterpart.

- Support for 42mm and 38mm Apple Watch sized artboards within Adobe XD (desktop)
    - Support for linked objects/hotspots within the watch previewer app
    - Transition effects visible within the watch previewer app
    - Close prototype by using force touch within the watch previewer app
    - Support for fixed headers

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Color shift in shared prototype

I am about to use it for design prototype for work. As I tested it, I found out the colour between design view and share online result have different colours.
    Please check the attached files. I tested with my own file and the examples from adobe.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  9 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to jump to specific page in prototype.

Allow visitors to enter the page/artboard # in a shared prototype. For example: Someone shared a prototype with me that had 91 pages, and they asked me to look at page 55. I had to click the forward or back buttons repeatedly to get there.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Reorder layers in Mask via Layers panel

At the moment if you mask some layers or a group of layers (Mask with shape) you are not able to reorder them. They become locked, not it terms of repositioning them but your are not able to reorder them on the layer level. Right click and "Bring to front" etc. works though.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Save all prototypes locally on device

Actually, the app stores just the last prototype. Please keep all prototypes on device, in a simple list, always available and organizable.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. We definitely have this feature in the roadmap. Soon, you’ll be able to manage XD documents stored in CC Files from mobile (search, list, delete) & toggle to save specific projects for offline viewing.

9. Import SVG with preserved viewBox boundary

Many icon sets define a specific (often square) area that represents the boundaries for all icons. In the SVG format, this boundary is specified by the SVG viewBox attribute. Individual icons will have varying measurements for their vector shapes, e.g. a "minus" icon's vector-shape will have a larger width than height. When scaling icons, if you can rely on the viewBox size, you can scale all icons to consistent sizes (e.g. 24x24 or 48x48).

Currently when importing an SVG icon into Adobe XD, the object will have the vector-shapes measurements, so that scaling multiple icons from the same icon set…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Component States to Development (Design Specs)

How can we export Hover states to development?
    In the specs there is only one state in the component. How will development see all states?

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  11 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Some SVG gradients are missing

SVG gradients are not rendered correctly when importing this image in AdobeXD.
    See the reference file with embedded bitmaps to see how it is rendered compared to how it should be rendered.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Locate & Open Prototypes in Creative Cloud Mobile App

Actually, it would be nice to have access to all the prototypes through the CC mobile app.

Now, when I'm on smartphone you have to go to the assets.adobe.com and find them there. But assets.adobe.com is not user friendly on mobile.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In the future, you’ll be able to access your Web Prototypes published from Adobe XD on desktop, from your mobile app.

But today, if you need to access XD documents (with just designs or with prototypes) from your device. If you place your XD documents in your CC Files folder on desktop, you can now load them from Adobe XD on mobile. Make sure you have your document saved and synced in your CC Files folder on desktop, then open Adobe XD on your mobile device. Tap on the folder icon and choose “XD Document from Creative Cloud”, or if you’re viewing an XD document, long press and tap on “Open XD Document > XD Document from Creative Cloud”. What’s interesting here is that we have a full version of Adobe XD running on the mobile device to open each XD document.

13. Place images like InDesign

It would be great if XD can place images or psd files into design like indesign. And also linked files must be updated in XD after editing images or psd files.

For example; while creating a landing page, the hero image is a complicated design; designed in photoshop. Right now if i wanted to edit hero image i have to open psd file, edit it, export it and place it to XD. But it can be like indesign; cmd+double click placed psd file on XD then PS opens, i edit and save then on XD updated new image on screen.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Repeat grid - move next row down when adding content makes items bigger

I don't know it's considered as a bug or if it's beaucause it's not final yet.

1. 0.5.0.4 Beta

2. Having a repeat grid with content in it already. Trying to add new element within the groups of the grid (which because of the logic of no layers, adds the object in each duplicate). Finally, move the whole group (normally considered as the reference object for the grid) to adjust the spacing in height of the content.

3. I was hoping when I drag the repeat grid handle down, the following content would take in account the respacing.

4. It…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Winnie,

Thank you for your feedback! We already have a feature in the backlog for adjusting the cell size based on the content and that will solve the issue you describe. Currently the size of the repeat grid cells is fixed and only their padding adjustable.

Kind regards,
    Florin

15. Invite user groups to private links

I have a lot of stakeholders that need access to any given prototype. I'd like to be able to invite a user group to a private prototype so I don't have to manage individual users on a single link.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  4 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. [Windows] Exporting from Xd (.svg) to Adobe Illustrator - Blur Not Showing

[Windows] Exporting from Xd (.svg) to Adobe Illustrator - Blur Not Showing

Xd Version: 0.8.22.17 Beta, CS 2.4.3.114
    Adobe Illustrator Version : 21.1.0 (64-bit)
    Windows 10 Home
    Version 1703
    OS Build 15063.608

1. Create any 2 shapes in Xd. Make them any color but white.
    2. Create a 3rd shape and overlay(top layer)that so the previous two shapes are totally covered
    3. Select this 3rd shape and apply blur (amount: 8 | brightness: 0 | opacity: 0%)
    4. Select page
    5. Export .svg (embed image)
    6. Open .svg in Adobe Illustrator

Result
    No blur. See Ai_NoBlur.png

Expected Result
    See Ai_Blur.ai …

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Blur for the exported SVG will be implemented in a future version of XD. Will let you know once that is publicly available.

Cheers,
    M.

17. XD Jira Plugin - Leverage JIRA Filters on Shared XD Boards

Enter a custom JIRA Filter ID either in the XD Plugin interface or the JIRA App Management.

This would populate the Filter by drop down in the JIRA XD Plugin interface.

Benefit: Leverage JIRAs powerful filtering to group Stories that need design and allows design teams to see the same group of Issues being worked on.

Note: For shared XD projects/boards.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Intersection is misaligned

When using Intersection in 0.6.20.7 Beta, the resulting object is misaligned from the two shapes position. See GIF below:

http://recordit.co/1zqoS6aS8J

Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch. This is currently the expected behavior, though we are hoping to improve it in the future. When you create a boolean group including an image, the image then becomes a fill for the resulting path. The image will be scaled to cover the path, similar to the css background-property value “cover”.

If you want the image to stay in place, I would suggest using a Mask instead, which will keep the relative size / position of the image intact.

You might be interested in checking out two topics over in the feature request forum:

More flexibility when using images as a fill:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17197367-drag-image-into-bounding-box

Automatically resizing an image to fit a mask group:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13125480-fit-content-proportionally

I hope that answers your questions,
    -Bear

19. Curated list of plug-ins

It's frustrating to try to get plugins to work. Many have little to no support or even a guide on how to use them. A curated list of plug ins that work for most users would be helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Color asset edit should work for component instances in different documents

When using a component instance in a different document, changes to the linked color asset (in the new document) should update the instances.

There seems to be no reason for the current behavior. I work with multiple products with the same base UI differed mostly by color.

It actually looks more like a bug, but this ticket says otherwse: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/38063995-linked-components-not-reacting-to-edit-fill-color

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base