Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

612 results found

1. SVG export should emulate Sketch's exporting SVG code (with accompanying height and width attributes included natively). Not as it currently does without height and width. This should also be changed in Illustrator too.

• Set height
    • Set width
    • Address color shift
    24 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

I’ve updated this idea with the specific callouts for height/width support and addressing the color shift. It’s possible we might need to split this story up in the future, but I’m leaving it this way for now.

-Elaine

2. The option to change the (global) background from grey to any color that fits to my design

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I want the option when setting up character styles that there doesn't need to be a color associated with the character style.

For example, I set up my H1, H2, H3 with their respective font families, font weight, & font size. But my design has different background colors. Sometimes my H1 is lack on a white background, which is how I set it up in the Character Styles. While other times my H1 is white on a black background,. But if I change the H1 to white it no longer correlates to the H1 I setup in my character…

252 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In our development, the programmer needs to use the RGB value to label the color, but in this update,the version removed the RGB color information, we have to need for an additional conversion to get the results.

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hi there,

I usually use hsl color in CSS.
    Thanks to awesome Design Spec, It's piece of cake to get the hsl value.

But the problem is the way to reflect the changes to XD files.

Let me tell you a story.

A designer publish Design Spec, which use RGB(240, 156, 30) as their site's brand color.
    Then, a coder get the color as hsla(36, 87%, 52%, 1) and make a mockup.
    Then, members review it and the product owner say,

"The brand color seems less attractive than I expected..."

Awful, why he didn't point out it before,…

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would like to see an ON/OFF switch to test for color conflicts with regard to 508 compliance.

This is valuable to me because I design for a large company and we need to make sure that everything tests fine against 508 compliance, which includes color conflicts for color blindness and deficiencies.

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While we still don’t have the tools built right into XD (and so I’m leaving this open), we do have at least one plugin to help with color blindness checking. Please do check out the plugins section of XD to see if one will work for you!

7. I choose a blue, then change the transparency to 50%; that is no longer blue, it is now a very very very light blue; I would like to see the value of that; otherwise there's no point in using XD to create color palettes, as I can't document the value other the saying something like " #245D97 @ 50% transparency"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feature request. Unfortunately, transparency is a critical part of ensuring that developers understand what should be opaque vs. transparent. If you’d like to copy the actual value without transparency, you can draw a new object and use the eyedropper to sample your completed color to get an opaque version of it for your color palette.

8. Why is it necessary to choose a color, right-click to copy the hex code to change the color of a style? Why not just edit the style by clicking on the color?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The default background color should be a mid-tone gray and not black. It is against a midtone gray that color can be most accurately assessed. Of course the preferences should remain that one can change it but default black makes little sense for a designer or artist for whom color needs to be accurate.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We seriously need to be able to convert our designs into code, just like sketch and invision can both do. This is the only thing holding people back from joining xd.

385 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, all-

“Convert to code” is fairly ambiguous, and I’m looking for more specifics as to what you’re hoping to get out of this. We already have a number of stories that go to specific technologies: HTML/CSS, XCode, Android Studio, etc. I’d like to close this one out in the interest of having more specific export paths.

-Elaine

11. Please expand the dat that the property inspector shows to include color codes, transparency percentage and the option to select (maybe even edit) this straight from the inspector screen instead of having to open every individual color box if you're specifying colors for a design.

Kind of goes hand in hand with earlier requested "blue print" modes to make it easier to share designs with developers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Color /style brush tool - i imagine that you could sample color (or apearance / font size / specified property) by clicking on object with alt pressed, and then clicking on other objects to apply that style / color etc?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Have you tried using the “paste appearance” command? You can copy an object, select another object, and then right click and “Paste Appearance” to apply all applicable styles.

I’m leaving this suggestion open.

13. When selecting an object on the scene with a color, the color swatches should indicate the current selected color.

See attachment for suggestion

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It can be great to have color scheme/theme like Colors in Assets.

As of now you can pick any color and replace it (Assets->Colors).
    My suggestion is to make group of colors that you can replace and then switch between different sets (Assets->Theme).

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It's a very good thing that we can now easily share colors between projects. But to be really useful, we need to change a linked color on a specific project.

I work on multiple projects based on the same UI library. Each projects has its own main color.

I created a project to maintain all my atomic elements and my other projects use those linked elements. But for now, when you use a linked color you can't change it on one project only so I can't use your great new feature for sharing assets between projects.

Here is…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be awesome to be able to mark some elements inside a compontent to not change some properties on its states, for example, text. If I change the text on the main state, it would change the text inside the other states. With that, I would be able to improve my work on making hover buttons all over my prototype. The way it is now, I need to change the text inside all the states, what makes it impossible.

213 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to change a Character Style's color by dragging a color from the Color Assets on to a Character Style.

Problem:
    To change a color of a character style in the in the Character Styles window is too tedious. It also requires the user to re-enter the color values using its color-picker.

Solution:
    Make it possible to drag a color from the Colors Assets window on to the Character Style.
    Also, make it also possible to drag-n-drop a color from the Appearance color-picker's local library onto the Character Style.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Material color swatches
    2. An essential tool to conduct material design styles; it is available in Skecth, Illustrator & Photoshop.
    15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide the ability to change multiple objects/elements within a document and/or across artboards.

Example: Ability to increase font size within a button across all artboards (without multi-select)
    This is similar to increasing font size within a repeatable grid—all increase.

Another example: replace/swap a theme color throughout the document.

2,401 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi XD Community,

I’m glad to announce that you could do global character style or color edits in XD through the assets panel. Just add your colors and character styles to the assets panel, and once you edit any of the color / character style properties in the assets panel, those edits will propagate to all objects or symbols that inherit those properties.

ProTip – Color Merging in the assets panel: you could also merge colors in the assets panel by copying the Hex value of one color and pasting it into another. All objects or symbols that have the old color will automatically inherit the new merged color.

To learn more about managing your colors and character styles in XD’s assets panel, please check the following resources:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu5khe2H2-c
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/assets-symbols.html

If you have any feedback or suggestions around how to improve this feature and other assets panel features, please create…

19. Introduce a new feature that lets you import color swatch libraries from photoshop or illustrator.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m leaving this open for now, but if you’re interested in using color swatches from Photoshop and Illustrator, you can export them to a CC Library and use them in the Assets Panel directly within XD. Hope that helps!