Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Many times when exporting to PDF, while most assets may be vector there are some bitmap assets included (think a thumbnail image inside a UI)... while I have control over the pixel density at design time (I can use a larger bitmap and scale down) when I export, it always downsamples the image to 1x. Would be good to either downsample to 2x or not at all.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be great to go somewhere to view a fully up-to-date list of all keyboard shortcuts for XD. To be able to print out and learn en masse.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I won't wait for it anymore, when will the next update of XD be released?
    Just give me a line-height … I want to work with this amazing app!!!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. Have plugging with salesforce UI elements like Sketch has :D

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  5. I really enjoy working with CC libraries. But within the German version of Adobe XD it's called "CC-Bibliotheken" in the menu but the panel is named "CC Libraries".

So please change the wording from "CC-Bibliotheken" to "CC Libraries" to make it consistent.

Thanks!
    Rainer

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. There is no exit button for Adobe XD android app when you're in preview mode. Pressing the back button in android mobile, send us to the previous artboard and we can only exit when we get back to the starting(first) artboard. I'd like an easy way to exit from preview mode.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Janice Yip responded

In the XD Android App, the last option in the Menu is “Exit Prototype,” and you can exit the preview mode from there!

7. When I publish a prototype and share it with collegues or clients, they make comments on it. But as the owner of the prototype, only I get notifications when a new comment is made.

I like the new feature that allows us to publish private prototypes and invite people. They might get notifications on Adobe Creative Cloud, but even if they create an Adobe account, not all of them would download Adobe Creative Cloud or check the account regularly. It would be great if they also get the notifications by e-mail, like they get the invitation.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In case of any comment activity on a private link, reviewers are notified via email as well as creative cloud desktop app. This is already working today if you use the latest version of XD.

Note that email notifications go to any reviewer for that comment thread where activity is happening. You also have the ability to @mention specific reviewers on the private link.

8. With the latest update of adobe XD you can copy & paste the interaction from one element to another but considering we usually have same elements across multiple screens with minor variations like active & hover states etc ( for example a bottom navigation bar in mobile app) it is still a tedious task to copy & paste interaction across all those multiple screen so i suggest that we should be able to select multiple elements ( say 4 buttons at navigation bar on screen 1 ) and copy interaction, then select the 4 items on screen 2 and paste…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A very important feature missing from AdobeXD is the option to name elements.
    The biggest strenght of AdobeXD is in the SVG output. I can design a website and use the svg assets directly in my project as UI elements. The only problem is that it lacks an option to name elements and symbols and to preserve those names as xml attributes in the exported svg file. Selecting those manually every time is a waste of time. Using names would allow to update assets in projects automatically when you edit those in AdobeXD.
    Please add the option to name elements…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adobe XD version 0.6.34.3 Beta on macOS Sierra 10.12.5

.xd files that are saved in Creative Cloud don't get versioning. The tab "Activity" is missing completely. Other file types (like .psd) are working fine.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hi guys, it would be great if you could physically interact with the prototype on a phone or ipad

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that you can now preview, in real time, your #AdobeXD designs and prototypes, on iOS devices (iPhones and iPads) or Android phones (Android tablet support will land soon). Make changes to your design and see it reflected on all the devices you have connected. Add wires to your prototype and play with it to polish the experience, all within the same workflow.

View all the details here (blog post and video): https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/september-update-of-adobe-experience-design-cc-preview

Please give it a try and let us know what you think.
    Be part of XD’s journey on mobile devices, this is just the beginning.

Really looking forward to hearing your feedback!

12. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The shared preview mode (link) is not 1:1 size matching the artboard resolution (f.e. like invision), but in smaller size and cannot be adjusted, so client cannot see the original scale and details of larger (long) websites... Maybe it's not a bug, but a missing feature, but I would not mind if you just copy invision in this:))

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to paste master elements in place to avoid them not being aligned from page to page

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As mentioned in the comments, you can copy (CMD + C) from one artboard, select another artboard by clicking on its title and paste (CMD + V). It should paste it on the same place as the original, on the new artboard.

15. I find the option to position elements relative to artboard is a missing feature.

Not only for center to artboard, but also, let's say I change the width of the artboard, if the element is centered it should keep that way.

If it's aligned to right it should be like glued to the artboard right edge.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In a design system we need hierarchy and inheritance. At this point XD handles these a really poor way.

Important principles:

Embedded / nested components
    If I embed a component and change it, the change should be the new default, so when I make new instances of the master, the subcomponent should NOT be reset.

States
    If I create a new state, and change the elements / subcomponents, only the property changes I made should be saved in the new state. ALL OTHERS should be exactly as in the master. This should work in the property level, so if the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added support for nested components and have improved states and resizing. Feel free to file a new ticket if you’re interested in additional features.

Please note for future reference that UserVoice works best if you have each idea in a separate ticket.

17. It would be great esp. in a larger file to see where my teammate(s) is working. I realize there is presence but the colored stroke is hard to find at times.

Ideas:

• A cursor icon of where they are in the doc (even if they are not selecting an object) or perhaps greyed out while they are working on something.

• The ability to click on their profile icon to be directed to where they are
    This could be great if you are on a call with a designer elsewhere to pinpoint whatever they are working on.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add Components/ Character style / Colors to library from Assets panel by selecting multiple items and exporting to Library with one click

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. currently, you can only rename a component in list view. This should also be available in icon view

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. As of now we can only stack elements on top of each other. However the ability to inject one object into another (like in the DOM tree in HTML) would greatly improve our ability to design interfaces that react to different content sizes and different context sizes.
    Manual responsive resize is a very good step to design the behavior among elements, but as of now it only works in one direction: Increasing the size of the group generates sensible positioning of the child elements. But often it should work the other way around: Increase the amount of text or the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)