Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Cmd/Ctrl + D keyboard shortcut to duplicate selected object

Identical to the functionality of Adobe Illustrator (i.e. learned behavior,) allow users to select an object and use the keyboard shortcut Cmd/Ctrl + D to duplicate that object after initial copy & paste (or Alt + Drag.)

Your Repeat Grid functionality is handy if I already know the exact dimensions & gutters I need, but when I don't have that info it's actually faster and more efficient to use Cmd/Ctrl + D to duplicate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Put the prototype as an app on the mobile screen

Save the prototype cell phone screen as if it were really an app and share it with anyone you want. Marvel has this option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Windows] Expand interaction pop-up target window to display the entire artboard name

When there's a lot of artboards it's hard to zoom out and drag target destinations. I'd like to be able to select a target artboard from the dropdown menu. But the dropdown has a max-width so it can't show the complete artboard name.

Request: Do not truncate artboard names in target dropdown.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. XP-Pen Artist 12 pen display monitor for vector drawing

Hello,Grateful for some help.

I am using the latest, updated version of Photoshop under W10 Pro 64bit and my XP-Pen equipment is an DECO 01 tablet with grip and passive pens.I buy it from their offical site.

I am using the latest Nvidia and Wacom drivers, and W10, are up to date. I have 32Gb ram and a Core i3-8100 cpu.

but I was never able to get rid of that eye-hand coordination issue and I would end up frustrated whenever I would draw on my computer.I would never draw as good as on paper. so i want a tablet…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Since we haven’t heard from you in the past four months, I’m closing this as inactive. Please do feel free to file again if you think this is applicable to Adobe XD. If you’re interested in Photoshop, please feel free to file in that forum or in their UserVoice instance.

5. Repeat Grid Problem

There is a major flaw in repeat grid. Once a complex element is repeated with this feature, I can no longer add layers to various elements. This often makes it impossible for me to modify this element without ungrouping, deleting the repeated items, making the changes and then re-doing the repeat. This is annoying and really complicates my work flow.

There needs to be someway to allow me to make any changes I need to within a repeat grid including adding additional layers or bringing other layers in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Line editing function like InVision

The line editing function suggests to increase the midpoint capture, otherwise it is too inconvenient, which may become an important reason for me to go to InVision.
    [线条编辑功能建议增加中点捕捉,否则太不方便了,这可能变成我投奔invion的重要原因]

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

由于我们已经三个月没有看到对我们问题的回答了,因此我将其标记为无效。 如果您仍然想要此功能,请随时再次提交!

此消息已被机器翻译。

As we haven’t seen a response to our question in three months, I’m marking it as inactive. Please do feel free to file it again if you still want this feature!

Thanks,

-Elaine

7. Combining Files to Make one XD File (with actions)

It would be great to combine files that includes actions into one file. Often, projects are huge and it would be helpful to combine files without copying over the art boards and losing the actions from the copied & pasted design altogether. It's frustrating to start over when we should be able to simply copy and paste while having the design and actions move over as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Posting XD file direct to our website not to ADOBE

I hope that we can make the design on XD like a presentation with buttons that can take you from page to page and simply post it on our website directly without the need to make an Adobe link in order to see it and by this way we can even send it to our client as a link to our site directly

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. SVG Exporting issue

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if you guys are thinking about developing more advanced SVG exporting function.

We can always export in high res png but when trying to use these png's to animate and design more advanced interaction in After effetcs, the resolution drops a lot and when I try to export in svg format, masks and intersected paths get completely displaced.

Hope you guys look it up in the near future.

Thank you
    Osama

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As we haven’t heard back from you in about three months (and we shipped an “Export to After Effects” feature), I’m closing this as inactive. Please feel free to report this again if you’re still hitting this issue!

10. See Asset Name on Canvas

There should be a way to see the name of an asset on the Canvas. Currently there is no way to know the name of any asset (or in the case of colors and text styles, if an asset has even been applied) with out locating the asset in the panel and selecting "highlight all on canvas". This is very inefficient. A simple tooltip hover or shortcut (like alt to display measurments) would simplify the process.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Global/Mirror artboards decide where to render

Idea is how we can use artboard like navigation bar again and again. Example navbar-artboard can be set to render Artboard A and B top and on A side it is fixed when B side it is not. But If you make changes to navbar itself, example the menu items then the both changes will be mirrored to artboards A and B.

Another change is how we can prototype changes to wanted artboard. Lets say we have 3 artboards: MainWindow, Navbar and Popup. I can set into Navbar to mirror on MainWindow then I can prototype Popup to Navbar to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Selecting layers

Uma das minhas funções preferidas no photoshop é poder selecionar camadas de usando CTRL + Click. Assim eu posso trabalhar de forma mais livre ao arrastar objetos pelo palco. Gostaria dessa função disponível no XD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As we haven’t heard back in about three months, I’m closing this as inactive. Please feel free to file this again if you’re still having problems!

Como nós não ouvimos falar em cerca de três meses, estou fechando isso como inativo. Por favor, sinta-se livre para arquivar isso novamente se você ainda estiver tendo problemas!

Esta mensagem foi traduzida por máquina.

13. Make "Constrain Width and Height Proportions" Actionable.

"Constrain Width and Height Proportions" setting is not remembered in an Action. Therefore, the Action will perform incorrectly if this setting has been changed since the Action was run. Make this option controllable within the Action.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Is there a way to reduce the size of the palettes? or temporarily hide them when showing file?

Is there a way to reduce the size of the palettes? or hide them when showing file?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Website Mirror

Mirror your website onto the app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Random

I would like XD to be more like a lean version of illustrator. Why would you try a MeToo app of Sketch. Sketch is beta junk and only is relevant if you buy 15 plugins to make it do what? Act more like illustrator. Super short sighted team. Just lose all the 3d tools, iso drawing, brushes, filters and blending and stuff like that and you will have something meaningful. Keep the OWL man! What are you thinking? How many years have you implemented feedback on illustrator? Damn near 30 years. And all out with the bathwater DUMB.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. We’re very carefully considering the needs of our targeted designers and only including features that would benefit them in UX and UI design. If you have specific feature feedback you’d like to see, please do upvote stories in UserVoice.

-Elaine

17. More information on website

Put info on downloading on your website. WHY use a link sent via email? I use a web-based email so that option was not available. I had to use chat to find out that ould download XD through the CC app on my Mac. Your agent was very good, but a little thought on your website designers would have made that unnecessary.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adobe XD website and XD webpage

OMG. have just rebuilt my SurfacePro4 last App to install Acrobat - thought I'd surf other products, got on https://www.adobe.com/products/xd.html#x
    Might have considered the product except:
    1. Video would not play in tab, new tab or new window;
    2. Then when tried to give feedback, talk about a NON-intuitive page.

Will be looking else where for video editing, website Dev. Already use Adobe forms and am very UNCOMFORTABLE how Adobe is the focus of web-forms we send out, not US.

Not a good look adobe, Not a good look.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. various functions missing

to work fluid with this tool i miss various things:

1. its hard to work with the paragraph-styles. when i click on a text the connected style should light up. i never know which style i am working on. also it looses connection to the style when changing color. do it like indesign - there it works perfectly.

2. when placing an image, XD shoul make a connection to the image and not implement it. because if i use the same picture multiple times and change something in the original, i have to place the image again in every position.

3. when placing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks a ton for your feedback! Unfortunately, filing many different ideas together makes it very difficult for us to aggregate your feedback with other people who might have similar ideas. The good news is: most, if not all, of your ideas are already in the database and just need to be upvoted. For instance:

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

20. Increase display speed of open prototype

公開プロトタイプの表示速度の向上

1.パスワード設定をした公開プロトタイプの表示速度を上げることは可能でしょうか?

2.プレゼンをスムーズに行うには、すばやく画面が表示される必要があります。

1. Is it possible to increase the display speed of the public prototype that set the password?

2. To make a presentation smoothly, it is necessary to display the screen quickly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As we haven’t seen a response to our question in three months, I’m marking it as inactive. Please do feel free to file it again if you still want this feature!

3か月後に私たちの質問に対する回答が見られなかったので、私はそれを非アクティブとしてマークしています。 この機能がまだ必要な場合は、もう一度ファイルを保存してください。

このメッセージはコンピュータで翻訳されています。

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base