Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. 0.5.0.4 Beta
    2. Steps to reproduce:
      Create an AI file
      Draw an circle on it (any object, really)
      Drop a symbol on the same artboard
      Select both items
      Copy
      Go to XD
      Paste into XD
      Observe only the object comes over, not the symbol.

3. Expected Result - Both items should appear in XD

4. Actual Result - Only the object appears, not the symbol

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1. 14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Why don't you extend the language of the software even to Italian? Are we children of a minor Adobe by chance?
    14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. My company has the design system and components in Zeroheight, as it makes our designs to be consistent and is an easy way to share assets. I would be ideal if XD could integrate this plugin for our work and to push other designers to start using XD (as at the moment they consider this a blocker)

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I use the new Layout Grid heavily, but because of the color shading applied by default I need to hide it across ALL artboards to review what I've designed. Would appreciate if the functionality worked more similarly to Photoshop Guide Layouts where toggling the keyboard shortcut did this across the board.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. we need an "undo" function please. honest to god, cannot believe this is not a function in this app...

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As multiple people have mentioned, undo is one of those critical features that we’ve had in the product since the first day. On Windows, you can right-click on the canvas to get the context menu and undo, or you can Ctrl+Z.

Hope that helps.

-Elaine

5. Currently the XD mobile app requires you to log in with a CC account.

If the phone is attached via USB, it would be nice if you can view the selected artboards in XD w/o being forced to signing in first.

This will help for teams that share various testing devices so that they dont need to constantly sign in/out of each device they use.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Janice Yip responded

Hi! We’ve just released a delayed login experience, where you can now use the live preview functionality without signing in with a CC account!

6. Windows needs blur effects, that Mac got in May release.

I believe that Mac got blur effects before Windows, because Mac has blur integrated in the system...We would love to see blur in windows version. (I know that Windows has blur behind Action Center, and all other nice stuff but it isn't used as much as in Mac OS and iOS.) Tell me if i am wrong.

This is the only reason I do my designs of old Photoshop, using Blur effects with Clipping Masks. And it is so slow and terrible experience.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Share link Again button placement feels like it should switch place with Update link..

BECAUSE:
    I usually send out links to the team/clients, and when I want to update the Link (Share Again) then right after clicking the buttons change to "Update Link" or "Create New Link" The one beneath the mouse cursor is Create New, and that really is a mess since its really easy to missclick that button. I generally always just want to Update my prototype since the link is already out there.. Not have a chance to missclick the New link and have to send a…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I'd really like a Start screen so that I can see my most recently used files and access tutorials and the UI kits easily.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unless im missing something there needs to be a short cut for viewing the grid. At the moment to turn the grid on and off I have to move elements off the pasteboard to get access to a bit of canvas to double click then choose the tick box to show grid. Which is a pain in the butt. Also we need guides.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. As a designer I hope to use XD as part of my creative suite.
    But product development and prototyping is all about collaboration. In order to have different kinds of people to take part in the process, it would be good to offer separate license options at a fair price for non designers, who only need XD and not a full suite of design tools.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. XD insists on saving my documents to Cloud Documents by default all the time. I haven't made such a decision and there's' no way of changing the default. I wanna save to "Your Computer" all the time. I really miss a "Remember this choice" option. Please stop making decisions on my behalf Adobe.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please add a shortcut for the Eyedropper. From the document listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/keyboard-shortcuts.html there doesn't seem to be one at the moment.

Thank you.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Well, I'm using Adobe Xd for a week. Previously worked on Photoshop. I've started loving xD.

But I am facing difficulties when selecting a layer which is under another layer.

It's really annoying always "hide" the first layer then select the 2nd/3rd layer. After that finding that "Hide" layer to unhide.

Photoshop has an option for that. Please see attached.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be great to be able to choose the page to view online directly.

When you want to quickly show a certain page in your mockup, or start anywhere else than your designated Home, it can be tedious to click through the prototype as not all the paths are there.
    Using the previous/next buttons can be confusing as it depends on how you have spread out the artboards.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the upper left of the navigation, there’s an icon with four squares in it. This will show a grid overview of all of the artboards in the document, which shoudl allow you to quickly jump to an artboard. Once you have the artboard open, you can copy the URL to then jump directly there. Hope that helps!

15. I would expect the backspace key to remove transitions (in Prototype mode) instead of objects/layers.

Use case: In the Design mode the users adds & removes panels, afterwards he makes the switch from Design to Prototype mode. There his mindset is to create (and remove) transitions. He wants to modify the prototype and add/remove transitions. After selecting a (blue) transition, he presses the backspace key to remove an already existing transition, but as of XD v0.6.1.13 the layer/artboard where the transition originates from disappears.

What the backspace key is in Design mode (to undo one's action = removing an object),…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I'm creating an app which will need to be converted into multiple languages. It would be great to see integration with some like Google Translate in order to view my design in multiple languages.

Whilst not perfect, this would give me a good idea of any issues that may arise down the development line.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I attached an image explaining the idea. In short - cut our design time by 50%. When adding content to content blocks you almost always need to do the tedious task of selecting everything beneath and moving it to create space for the changes. I want to eliminate this task by using Dynamic content spacers. Just hover over a border and connect that border to another - lock it and type in your prefered px / point or % - your preference and voila. Every time you make changes the design just moves magically with all the content :)

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Why assets inside components aren't available to download?

We need all assets inside any state of a component to be available to be downloaded.

Right now: Assets inside component states are not available to download, only assets inside the default state are available.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)