Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Design Spec: ability to download assets for developer, just like in Zeplin.

Just like how it works in Zeplin, developers can select an asset in the design to inspect its properties and then can download that asset to use.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

With XD’s 11.0 release (which happened moments ago), we’ve made this feature live.

You can now save time and give developers the ability to extract and download assets from Design Specs. Mark layers as assets for export and send as a Design Specs link. Developers can download all the assets in the file format they need

As always, please do let us know about what you think of this feature and feel free to log the improvements that you’d like to see in this workflow as new requests at adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-x..

Thanks,
    Harish

2. Avocode integration on Windows

I want to export my designs to Avocode using XD on Windows 10 - just like it works with XD on Mac.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Update design spec when publishing prototype

Use case:
    Developer asked me for a link for specs, and when I gave it to him he found out that screens differ from prototype. It was because I forgot to update both links.

Proposed Solution:
    Enable automatic update whenever prototype is updated, via some kind of toggle button/ checkbox.

My thoughts on problem:
    Since I cannot directly edit specs link, it makes sense to update it only when I edit current state of prototype - the prototype is current, valid state of app. Therefore it makes sense to give us some kind of automatization for this process.

Thanks, you're…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Exporting assets for iOS and Android

When we have 25+ icons on the all artboards, we must have a command to export all the icons in one single click which will save a lot of time.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Starting with XD 4.0, you can mark an object for export. You can then export all marked objects in a single operation using File → Export→ Export batch or shortcut Shift + Cmd/Ctrl + E.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
    M.

5. Export to PDF - Option for 2x Bitmaps inside (or don't downsample at all)

Many times when exporting to PDF, while most assets may be vector there are some bitmap assets included (think a thumbnail image inside a UI)... while I have control over the pixel density at design time (I can use a larger bitmap and scale down) when I export, it always downsamples the image to 1x. Would be good to either downsample to 2x or not at all.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A list of all keyboard shortcuts for XD somewhere

It would be great to go somewhere to view a fully up-to-date list of all keyboard shortcuts for XD. To be able to print out and learn en masse.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When does the next update come?

I won't wait for it anymore, when will the next update of XD be released?
    Just give me a line-height … I want to work with this amazing app!!!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Just change one word in the German version of Adobe XD

I really enjoy working with CC libraries. But within the German version of Adobe XD it's called "CC-Bibliotheken" in the menu but the panel is named "CC Libraries".

So please change the wording from "CC-Bibliotheken" to "CC Libraries" to make it consistent.

Thanks!
    Rainer

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please add an Exit Button in Mobile app to exit from preview mode.

There is no exit button for Adobe XD android app when you're in preview mode. Pressing the back button in android mobile, send us to the previous artboard and we can only exit when we get back to the starting(first) artboard. I'd like an easy way to exit from preview mode.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  09 : Mobile (Android)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Forward private prototype notifications to clients or stakeholders by email

When I publish a prototype and share it with collegues or clients, they make comments on it. But as the owner of the prototype, only I get notifications when a new comment is made.

I like the new feature that allows us to publish private prototypes and invite people. They might get notifications on Adobe Creative Cloud, but even if they create an Adobe account, not all of them would download Adobe Creative Cloud or check the account regularly. It would be great if they also get the notifications by e-mail, like they get the invitation.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In case of any comment activity on a private link, reviewers are notified via email as well as creative cloud desktop app. This is already working today if you use the latest version of XD.

Note that email notifications go to any reviewer for that comment thread where activity is happening. You also have the ability to @mention specific reviewers on the private link.

11. Paste Multiple interactions at once

With the latest update of adobe XD you can copy & paste the interaction from one element to another but considering we usually have same elements across multiple screens with minor variations like active & hover states etc ( for example a bottom navigation bar in mobile app) it is still a tedious task to copy & paste interaction across all those multiple screen so i suggest that we should be able to select multiple elements ( say 4 buttons at navigation bar on screen 1 ) and copy interaction, then select the 4 items on screen 2 and paste…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow to name elements with unique ids

A very important feature missing from AdobeXD is the option to name elements.
    The biggest strenght of AdobeXD is in the SVG output. I can design a website and use the svg assets directly in my project as UI elements. The only problem is that it lacks an option to name elements and symbols and to preserve those names as xml attributes in the exported svg file. Selecting those manually every time is a waste of time. Using names would allow to update assets in projects automatically when you edit those in AdobeXD.
    Please add the option to name elements…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Creative Cloud File Improvements for XD File Types

Adobe XD version 0.6.34.3 Beta on macOS Sierra 10.12.5

.xd files that are saved in Creative Cloud don't get versioning. The tab "Activity" is missing completely. Other file types (like .psd) are working fine.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. interact on a device

Hi guys, it would be great if you could physically interact with the prototype on a phone or ipad

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that you can now preview, in real time, your #AdobeXD designs and prototypes, on iOS devices (iPhones and iPads) or Android phones (Android tablet support will land soon). Make changes to your design and see it reflected on all the devices you have connected. Add wires to your prototype and play with it to polish the experience, all within the same workflow.

View all the details here (blog post and video): https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/september-update-of-adobe-experience-design-cc-preview

Please give it a try and let us know what you think.
    Be part of XD’s journey on mobile devices, this is just the beginning.

Really looking forward to hearing your feedback!

15. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is done. Now, when you go to full screen, you can copy/paste the link and it would have appended “?fullscreen” to the url. Thank you for the idea!

16. Web Preview mode isn't 1:1 resolution / scale

The shared preview mode (link) is not 1:1 size matching the artboard resolution (f.e. like invision), but in smaller size and cannot be adjusted, so client cannot see the original scale and details of larger (long) websites... Maybe it's not a bug, but a missing feature, but I would not mind if you just copy invision in this:))

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Paste in place

Ability to paste master elements in place to avoid them not being aligned from page to page

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As mentioned in the comments, you can copy (CMD + C) from one artboard, select another artboard by clicking on its title and paste (CMD + V). It should paste it on the same place as the original, on the new artboard.

18. positioning relative to artboard

I find the option to position elements relative to artboard is a missing feature.

Not only for center to artboard, but also, let's say I change the width of the artboard, if the element is centered it should keep that way.

If it's aligned to right it should be like glued to the artboard right edge.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. rename character style, symbols and colors

Example: Character Style Title, menu option, tabBar option, etc

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Export assets from web version (xd.adobe.com)

I'm a developer and we normally often get Photoshop files shared via Creative Cloud. Creative Cloud has an option on assets.adobe.com "Extract", this takes you to a screen when you can directly extract assets and download them as SVG/PNG etc.

As a developer I don't need to or want to delve into a graphics program to try and extract individual assets. I don't want to know about clipping masks etc. etc. I just want to be able to contextually extract assets as I'm building a website/app. Creative Cloud's Extract feature works well for this but there seems to be no…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

With XD’s 11.0 release (which happened moments ago), we’ve made this feature live.

You can now save time and give developers the ability to extract and download assets from Design Specs. Mark layers as assets for export and send as a Design Specs link. Developers can download all the assets in the file format they need

As always, please do let us know about what you think of this feature and feel free to log the improvements that you’d like to see in this workflow as new requests at adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-x..

Thanks,
    Harish

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base