Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Miro plug-in. Automatically update mocks on Miro to share with teammates. Sketch does this and its sooooo helpful.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Senario:
    We create a button with a rectangle fill and generic text and turn it into a master component called "button". We then place an instance of that button into a master "footer" component and override the generic text of the button to be specific to the footer. If I now copy/paste the footer component it keeps the override text. If I opt+drag to copy the footer it keeps the override text. BUT if I drag the component out from the component menu all nested components revert back to the text from their masters.

Expected result:
    Everything in a master…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. since overlay feature released so why not to add a time for that overlay for instance when i click on CTA button overlay popup for specific time i define for 2 seconds then disappeared by itself.
    that's like a toast in web design terms simple real life example for this in youtube when you like a video there's a toast/popup show in the bottom left of the screens tells you that you liked this video.
    that's gonna be really cool for both website and mobile app to show you if your purchase has bee successfully done or your new settings…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I'm on W10. The library doesn't work at all. When I open the Xd my library items are absent. The only thing I was able to retrieve was some of my color library but all my vector files and color schemes is not available. I actually get sections I have never ever created! Like a section named Shapes. In the library item section I get the text "unsupported elements".

So is everything I have in my CC library unsupported in Xd? I thought the main purpose of the library was to be able to use the items cross apps? Seems…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Tappable carousel images are a common feature in mobile apps. These require the ability to swipe left, swipe right, and tap the same object. Please add this facility while introducing advanced interaction features in XD. Having a single interaction per object is a great deterrent in real-world user testing.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. This may be small but takes a lot of time up: I switch between seeing the grid and not seeing a lot. In XD I have to click on the artboard name for the grid show/hide shortcut keys work. Would be awesome if these would work anywhere in design mode.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now, you can marque select all the artboards you want, then use Cmd + ’ (apostrophe) to turn grids on and off. Please let us know if it doesn’t cover your needs. Thanks.

7. The ability to select colors by hex is paramount IMO. Most style guides use hex for web/mobile. Not to mention I have several hex colors memorized (self serving much... ;) )

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In previous versions of Adobe XD we were able to past the SVG code of an object copied from XD to text editor like Visual Studio Code. But now this feature is not working. When I copy an object from XD with Ctrl+C and paste it to text editor with Ctrl+V nothing happens. Can you please restore this behavior as it was before.

XD Version: 29.2.32

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. There's nothing that I have found that indicates that a component is a master component or not, other than the green outline(instead of blue) only when selected, and right-clicking every component and seeing whether "Edit Master Component" exists or not in the context-menu. These two current indicators are not helpful at a high level because you have to select or click on each individual component instead of being able to see this information at a glance in the component/layers list.

The layer/component icon changes when the group is open(revealing the layers inside) or closed. This is not a necessary change…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Live preview is only on iOs.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. adobe xd почему нет русский язык?

[Translated] request for Russian language version of Adobe XD.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Добро пожаловать на борт! Начиная с выпуска этой недели, XD теперь доступен на русском языке. Наслаждайтесь!

Это сообщение было переведено машиной.

Welcome aboard! As of this week’s release, XD is now available in Russian. Enjoy!

12. Dear Adobe XD.
    It is a very big part of working in international Web design that the design tool support all font's.
    It means that I also need the name in original langues.
    Photoshop, ondesign and illustrator can do it but i can't find any way in XD

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Would love to be able to print out my screens. I know I can export assets and then print, but a one step print function would be awesome.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When opening a document there needs to be a warning if the fonts used are not currently active.

At this time it involves a lot of guess work to remember which fonts a used in a specific project to have the active before opening the document.

thanks!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I create an object with the Pen tool.
    Give it a gradient.
    When I try to edit the gradient, the gradient bar is not appearing within the object. It is impossible to relocate the trajectory of the gradient.

Other time I change the dimension of that object, the gradients trajectory gets distorted and when I try to change it, it flies around the screen.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Love the new update with states, versioning and co-editing!!! Awesome!!!

Though there's one thing in the new update that is quite annoying. When working I always tab between between Design and Prototype mode using Ctrl + tab. The new update expects me to Design then prototype and then share. I feel the share screen gets in the way when toggling between design and prototype.

For me my workflow is:
    Design -> Prototype -> Design -> Prototype -> Design -> Prototype (and then Share after many iterations)

The new change "forces" me to go to the Share screen after each prototype…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Elaine, where in UserVoice should we put this request, if not here? The implementation of hide and show objects needs to be very much improved. It really needs to be like Illustrator where you can hide one object at a time but also unhide all of them. To unhide 10 hidden objects in XD, you currently have to click 10 times in the "layers" palette. When these items are near all adjacent to each other on the artboard, but all mixed up in the layers palette it is extremely frustrating. Especially when in AI it just requires one simple keystroke…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow users to use the eye dropper when in "gradient mode"

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re pleased to announce that the ability to use the eyedropper to set gradient color stops is now available in the November release of Adobe XD. If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you’re looking for improvements on this feature, please do file a new request!

19. Add a direct link to a screen/artboard in a shared prototype: e.g. xd.adobe.com/view/prototype-id#screen-name.

Additionally, a list of screens (like in Axure) might be useful.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. this feature is not very important but sometimes I'm getting confused with files. Indesign and XD have very similar icon/thumb color. How about changing it to something different? eg yellow – there is no yellow app in CC

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)