Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. (NOTE: You can rotate symbols currently by entering a rotation value in the Properties panel. This request is for dragging on canvas to rotate, like you can with other objets that have resize handles).

Can you, please, add handles to be able to rotate symbol with mouse cursor. Like it is now done for all the other elements in XD.

Because for me it is faster to duplicate symbol and rotate two of them and then to remove the duplicate, rather than use special input field on the properties panel.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. You could just zoom out to select larger areas, but I think this is a usability issue. When zoomed in, in photoshop for example, you can drag a marquee selection off the window and it will scroll to follow the mouse. I would expect a similar action to take place here, as some mobile pages can get very long.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I have a lot of stakeholders that need access to any given prototype. I'd like to be able to invite a user group to a private prototype so I don't have to manage individual users on a single link.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. This was previously suggested but it seemed like it needed to be reposted (if not, feel free to delete this request).

Outside of maybe SVG for obviously (?) reasons, the exported file looks pixelated. The exports do not look presentable--I've been better off with screenshots but screenshots are screenshots. I would love if this request gets a second look.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The title says it. Since the original request for "Export to JPG" (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12942069-export-to-jpg) was completed, though not fully, I'm adding this request to add exporting of JPEG @2x resolution.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently, it's just pasted as a raster image...

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Don't assume imported JPEG images are 2x high DPI

Hello,

I have the problem, when I import a picture that the initial size is not the same like the original picture. In the video attached you can see it.
    For some reason, the bug does not occur with every picture. But the video shows you that it exists.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

Happy to let you know that once with the XD 45 release we brought some improvements to the import/export workflows and JPGEs are no longer halved on import!

Thank you,
    Corina Murgila

8. When creating a shareable link you're given the ability to create multiples which are great for iterations. However, the update link function is more confusing. Is it updating the first link I created? The most recently created? Is there a way to update certain links and not others for different department reviews?

I suggest making link management part of the dialogue to allow the user to select which link they're updating.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In recent months, we’ve made some significant changes in this area. First off, we’ve introduced the ability to publish and manage multiple links. Secondly, when you Save As to a new document, you can no longer update links that were applicable in the previous file.

9. Would be nice to have the option to see where interactive hotspots are when viewing a prototype on the web.

I do think the option to have them hidden is still important for user testing, but client demos would be aided by a hint as to what can be clicked on.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now available. When you click on a portion of a shared protototype that is not clickable, you will get hotspot hints. In the future, we will offer the ability to turn off the hotspot hints. For now, they are on all the time.

10. Thought that the ability to clear the recent list used to be available but not seeing it anymore in the File > Open Recent menu. If it's gone—please bring it back.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Seems like we're missing CC Library support for Illustrator assets. I'm sure you're on it but didn't find another comment on it. I can imagine you were under the gun to show off more library integration for MAX but vector symbols are really where it's going to be at for our team's needs. (That and JPG exporting, but that's been covered).

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Comments section is very valuable, but people have been missing that during handoffs and discussions. Its not clear that tapping the icon is will open up the comments panel. A first time learning curve.
    • Also replies are not easily discovered. It might make sense to collapse when we have a lot of comments/ replies in a thread, but to start with can we have everything opened up. Or a switch to full collapse/ open
    • It also not evident if new comments are placed. I do get a notification but would need to go to each screen to hunt for the…
    19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be useful to be able to rename the file by clicking on the filename at the top header of the window, rather than having to find it and do it in finder

(On Mac this is standard)

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It'd be amazing to be able to embed a shared prototype so clients, users can interact with it.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. since there is no layers tab, it is crucial to have a feature that allows the user to arrange objects to:

• bring to front
    • bring forward
    • send backward
    • send to back

I'm aware that these are in the menu under Object, but please make them more accessible in the UI, if I have to go into the menu every time to arrange objects it will slow down the user's work flow!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In our June 2016 release, you will be able to use the context menu (right click) to arrange your item. For now, you can use the menu under Object as mentioned, or shortcuts (CMD + ] to Bring Forward, or CMD + [ to send Backward).

• I would like to have the option of selecting how the background behaves when an overlay is being presented. this is important as I feel currently I'm restricted for the most part to 'Dissolve Transition' as it is weird showing the background sliding when included in the overlay artboard itself

• Additionally, combined with timed transitions, one can showcase notifications

• Lastly, the ability to select the option of whether the overlay is pinned on Viewport (current implementation) or Artboard (for dropdowns beyond screen cut-off)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When creating colors in the Asset panel, it would be nice to use the color picker tool and not have to have the Hex value handy. Not all mock-ups are color sensitive so this would make a nice quality of life addition.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re pleased to announce that the assets panel eyedropper is now available in the November release of Adobe XD. If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you’re looking for improvements on this feature, please do file a new request!

16. On Windows 10
    Using the shortcut Alt+mouse to zoom as it is for photoshop and illustrator instead of Ctrl+mouse

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Wrong Coordinates in the Viewbox if i save SVG´s from Xperience Design.
    To correct the coordinates and the viewBox, i have to open the SVG in Illustrator, to save the ICON (SVG ) with right code.

Maybe it is my fall if yes tell me the right way :)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'd like to paste objects such as custom shapes from AI and PS (maybe other apps, too). I usually use this feature AI -> PS. For XD, would be perfect to transfer any psd file into xd file.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It is now possible to copy from AI/PS and paste into XD.

If there are specific problems or missing pieces of that workflow, please let us know by filing new suggestions for each individual problem. (Note: some are already filed, such as: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12868956-import-photoshop-vector-objects-as-editable-vector)

Copying from XD and pasting into AI/PS was also mentioned here, originally. I’ve removed that bit from the title since it’s already separately tracked in https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13118382-copy-from-xd-paste-into-illustrator-or-photoshop — please upvote that suggestion if copy-pasting in this direction is important to you.

Thanks for your feedback!