Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I frequently toggle between the layers and assets panel. I find it frustrating that my previous search is still present when I toggle back to the assets panel. Right now, I have to move my cursor over to the search bar, clear it, and type my new search (I almost always rely on search to find an asset rather than scrolling through the list).

I would like for the search to reset when the assets panel is reopened, and for the search bar to be auto-focused when I open the assets panel. This way, every time I open the panel…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  2. Its a company that offers accessibility adjustments for people who maybe want to transform their website into seizure friendly visuals. The company is named "accessiBe"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  3. Atlassian now support changing the JIra URL without requiring migration to a new instance. This is very valuable for rebranding or acquired companies that wih to retain their existing JIRA instance and simply update the URL.

We considered this but were informed that the XD plug in does not support this yet and we'd have to disable in order to make this change. Not sure we have any choice but to quit using it.

Our design team can post plain old URLs in Jira tickets but we do enjoy the plug in features.

Any plans to support this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A major pain point is that certain shapes that we, the developers need have not been exported, so we have to contact the designer to have them exported. If it were possible to select indiviual shapes to export, this problem would have been solved

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When you hover over a group and see the blue highlight, you should be allowed to click and select that group. This will make selecting things SO much easier!!

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When pasting from a mac screenshot the retina image is x2 the actual size. This means every time you paste in a screenshot you have to divide the width by 2 to get the correct dimensions. Can you detect a retina asset when pasting and compensate? If you use this pattern all the time it is a drag.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When a component has a hover interaction, the hover effect being activated even if there is an element in front.

E.g. when having two labels with rectangles appearing on-hover, one can place one of the rectangles above the other label. Then, hovering over the rectangle fires the hover effect from the label beneath it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When I am trying to build nested components-- in order to prevent it from swapping, I have to click into the component in order to drag another component from the assets panel. I would like the ability to hold a modifier key to prevent this from happening. It would save time and clicks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Which gives html/CSS/JS <canvas> tag with animation effect from Adobe XD to HTML/JS please do check Figma and Bannerify works.
    Thank You!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  10. Is Greek language going to be available for XD any time soon?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  11. I just downloaded the Apple Files for iOS and wanted to upload them into Xds Cloud Space so I can use them whenever I want. It seems I can't drag anything into the cloud-document area. Same when I use the Creative Cloud App. I can create folders like crazy but no way to add files via Drag and Drop. Am I missing something here?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  12. one missing feature in many prototyping app is the ability to show screenflows. which Overflo is doing very well.
    Can XD support multiple flows to be exported into same development link so it is easy to refer to how screens are all connected together?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I need to be able to export a recording with a transparent background. Use case was embedding a prototype walkthrough/recording on a [web] page that has a dynamic or gradient-based background.

Today, recording defaults to a black channel underneath any artboard/pasteboard fill value with any level of opacity, if a fill is selected and even if there isn’t one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When I'm working with my team I would like to lock some artboards in a collaboration file. This way I can guarantee that those artboards will stay unchanged but my colleagues can still see my progress and copy elements.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When there is a comment set with a pin, it would be nice to reply to the comment with another pin.

For example, a client wants a call to action changed to be more visible. Then I suggest connecting it to a different call to action in another location.

As of now, if I want to reply to their comment with my suggestion, I have to describe the location to which I'm referring.

If I could reply with a Pin, they would see where I'm referring to right away.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We often have to design complicated components and in the end find out that we are unable to accomplish what we set up to accomplish without having to create multiple art boards. However, if we can take a collection of art boards, or a certain Flow, and turn that into a component, that'll be amazing!

Editing the Flow would update the component.

Art boards have the big advantage of seeing all your states together which will speed up the build. In the current implementation we have to click through all the states to see if they have updated correctly and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When designing a feature, it is many times necessary to jump around the canvas from one art board to another. Many times those boards are physically far away in the canvas, requiring tedious zooming up and down to locate and view them.

Now, it would be really nice if one could leave placeholder tags around the canvas in those places that are relevant for the feature you are now working on. Then, using some kb command (like Alt + Q, like in Quick), you could cycle the current view between those canvas places, keeping the same zoom level.

Alt +…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hi there,

it would be great to have the option to add in any 'Character style' text background color, padding, border, and margin and then have the possibility to apply them to any inline text element.

Cheers and thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I have the choice of two nasally Australians, I'm in New Zealand. If you're limiting the voices to the region setting least let it be accurate. Its like grouping the US with Canada. :)

What if the client I'm sending the prototype to isn't the same nationality?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the voice service we use to support voice playback within XD. The selection of accents is based on your system’s regional settings, so you can already choose between some different accents between the same language, but unfortunately, we’re limited by what the service provides to us. I’ll leave this open for now, but it’s not something we control, unfortunately!

20. Dislocation when jumping to width and height in proportion

When the layer is "Path", regardless of whether "Responsive Layout" is checked or not, the proportional scaling is normal.
    When the layer is "Group", the "Responsive Layout" is checked by default, and the position is misaligned when the height is adjusted in proportion. Turn off "Responsive Layout" and the scaling is normal.
    Hope to improve! !

等比例跳转宽高时错位
    1. 当图层为“路径”时,无论是否勾选“响应式布局”,等比例缩放正常。
    2. 当图层为“组”,默认勾选“响应式布局”,调整等比例高度时错位。关闭“响应式布局”比例缩放正常。
    望改进!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)