Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I'm not sure if this is an intended thing or a bug, but why I can't find (Samsung Galaxy S10 artboard) in home artboard choices while I can find it when I press (A) shortcut inside a project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reporting this! The Welcome Screen only shows the most commonly used artboard types; we surface a larger set of them in the artboard tool. I’ll keep this open as a request.

2. All the time when I need to manage links, I have to go open a new file to access and Manager Links.

Would be nice to have that easy access right on the File or View > Manager Links.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When I have a master component on an artboard that I resize with the Responsive Resize option turned on the component is resized but doesn't update the other instances of the component. So far so good. But it looks like the master component is now a different size (filled diamond symbol) but when I drag a new instance of this component from the sidebar it is still the size it was before resizing it. And if I edit the resized master component it messes up the other instances that are still the same size as before. So something is not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Rather than havng to make multiple artboards or many many states, just have a simple tapable carousel plugin.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  5. Currently, if you have enabled design specs for your online proto, the proto opens with the specs on by default, but this is not presented in the URL:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/asdasdasdasdasd/

If you manually turn Design Specs mode on, the URL changes to:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/asdasdasdasdasd/specs/

Please make it so that the Design Specs mode is OFF unless specifically included in the URL.

Some of my colleagues don't known how to turn Design Specs mode off, so the proto appears not working to them. Also, if fullscreen mode is defined in the URL, it appears as you can't click anything, as the Design Specs…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please can you restore sorting of character styles by style rather than by date added

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I've mostly loved XD for the improvements made in the last year as someone who uses it daily and most of my day. The latest update has been very disappointing. I understand that perhaps some people use their adobe stocks regularly or perhaps you guys really want to promote it but to be honest the change to default to always open a random folder in the Creative Cloud libraries (what I use only 0.1% of the time) is very annoying. I had to click around to toggle them off in order to hide them but then this preference isn't saved…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  8. We hold design events early in the design process where non-designers and designers real-time co-edit a file. This takes up at most 4 days a year for a non-designer. After that step, designers pick up the design file to continue iterating, and the non-designers don't usually touch it again.

Right now, we use Balsamiq Cloud, which has an enterprise license model where there's a limit on the number of active projects, but the number of collaborators is unlimited. This works really well for these design events (not to mention being browser-based means an appropriately small setup time for 4-times-a-year use).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  9. The new feature 3d transform made a great role in designing UI in xd and we designers lack the button for flip the transformed objects or shapes. So please consider this in the next update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When previewing a website design in the XD app on my phone, the prototype will always show up at the top of the screen and the notch will cut into the top of my design. This makes total sense if I'm designing an app, but since I'm designing a website I always have to try and remember to start my artboards with a safe area that replicates the height of what I would see if I were looking at it in safari.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please add an option to reset a component, that has other nested components inside of it, to its master state without resetting its nested components.

I often build master components, that includes other components, which are not in their main state (could for instance be a button with its text changed). If I then duplicate the master component (the one including the nested ones) to create a child of it, overwrite something in it, and then later on regrets it, I can reset it to its main state, but it will then also reset all the nested components to their…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hello, some of us asked for shadow in assets library. Could be nice to have size too ? So I could grab a button from my design system and then apply a specific size defined in my design system.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It seems silly, but that the layer that makes a mask has its icon and is automatically called "Mask" helps a lot in projects with many layers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Great to see the extension added to Visual Studio Code. Would like to have access to it also in Visual Studio Professional. This is wat the Engineers use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When having nested components in a main component and then creating instances of that main component and swapping the nested components inside that instance, the nested components in the instance no longer reflect the position, scale, etc of the main component if you move the nested component around. You can see an example from @ArvidFB (twitter) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixz2-ePjLWs&feature=youtu.be

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want to sample ui sounds as a plugin.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  17. Just as you can preserve the scroll position between artboards, I need a the option to preserve component states between artboards if that component exists on both artboards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow for switching accounts. I work for a company full time and do freelance work as well. Some of my clients require me to use an Adobe account owned by the company. It would be nice to have a simple switch account option versus sign out sign in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  20. "Place and Link" is my favourite thing in PS, it gives me the option to import one file multiple times, choosing different artboards (Ai, ID, pdf,...). Every time I change something in the respective app, my PS file gets updated - easy peasy. I would like the exact same feature for XD files in PS.

I strongly suggest that all the additional export to PNG or whatever should be reduced when moving in between CC apps. It creates a lot of unnecessary file waste and is just inconsistent for most younger CC apps.

To be clear: NO EXPORT out of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)