Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Somehow the new CC Libraries are not thought through. There are two things which are really a problem in my opinion.

First:
    When I publish a library I now have all components, styles and colors from XD in all applications. Which is ok for colors but what should I do with the styles and components in print for example? They are completely useless because I will define other styles and components in InDesign. So now the libraries are getting more and more filled up with elements you don't need.

Second:
    I use always the same template for style guides. For…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Similar to the unDraw Plugin, a Plugin with the graphics from https://www.manypixels.co/gallery/ would be nice. I guess its quite simple to adapt it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  3. TL;DR: Art boards with transparent fills should continue to overlay the previous art board's underlaying board.

I can think of many use cases that have required a significantly higher number of art boards, assets and hours to accomplish than should be required. The feature I am requesting would address all of these issues in a simple and intuitive way.

Let's say I have art boards A, B, and C.

'A' displays my application, with 100s of assets, text, components, etc.
    'B' displays a modal over the application in state 1, the default state.
    'C' displays state 2 of the modal,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  5. Can we apply more than one character style to text in a text box. Many websites are text-heavy – this is a nightmare to update in design phase, when options need to be presented and text updated. "Space after" needs to change depending on text size etc. Am I missing something here?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m going to change this to adjust for the “Space after” request you have here, as it does look like you can add more than one character style to text in a text box (please see attached animated GIF). Hope that helps!

6. Whenever I invite a client via the button Invite to share the design at xd.com website a client sees Sign in window. Even though there are other options to log in like Google or Facebook every EVERY single client stops to read right after Sign in with adobe account. Every single time a client comes to me in panic and says "I can't see the design because I don't have an account at Adobe". You should change the wording for this window specifically for people who came to see the design not for people who needs Adobe account. Like an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Is there a plugin or way to mass edit widows/orphans in text?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Selection and operations on multiple objects has a considerable improvement potential to better meet the professional needs.

I would love to be able to conveniently select, then change and also add, subtract to etc. to the relative position of multiple selected elements like in Sketch.

Use case: While cooperatively working with a XD file a designer Ted want's to check, if one specific element used all over his huge design went a little bit off of their desired positions., which causes flickering in the prototype. Optimally Ted does the following:

1. Ted selects the suspected Element to find out the exact…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When I click ”Edit Main Component“, the Main Component is automatically pushed on the top position of a group. That kills the design which is based on stacks. Make it stop or at least give the option to turn it off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  10. I use a password manager (LastPass, Bit Warden, etc) to auto fill organization-required passwords for prototypes. Recently this has been causing a visual captcha for every view of the prototype in the browser. Clearly not needed.

Using a password manager (copy and pasting email) does not imply spamming tactics.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  12. When I am typing text or creating an object, I always want to be able to click ESC to deselect the active object. Currently the touchbar in XD causes my ESC button to disappear. In order to stop typing inside of a text object I have to click on the canvas, which creates another text object.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Many of my components have standard locations on an artboard. I would like components to snap to that default location.

At a minimum the default location needs to be specified in the following ways:
    a. As an xy co-ordinate from the top left of the Artboard.
    b. As centred at a y co-ordinate

However, it would also be good if the distance from the bottom and right-hand side of the artboard could also be specified, and also the distance in terms of fractions of artboard height and width.

I envision the component snapping into the correct position whenever a component…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hi,

would it be possible to move the 3D rotation point, so we can rotate something like a door on a hinge rather than spin around the centre?

At the moment, it's possible to rotate and move, but it doesn't keep an edge in exactly the same place using the autoanimate options - it's a bit floaty.

Thank you,
    Adam

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want to be able to set a shortcut in Google Drive (or any explorer) to edit directly in Xd a file stored in CC.

I've found how to get a shortcut via CC Web, but once i'm on the file, i can't simply "Open with Xd"

I can download the file, sure, but that would create a copy, it wouldn't edit the original file. that's why the option "Open With" would be very useful.

It's a pain to manage 2 file managers, one for spec docs and one for mockups, that would easily connect both.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When transitioning from one library to another in XD, Wish the title (as well as the left chevron) was clickable. The current click zone is VERY small.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I believe you could make a number of characters limit box on the right menu, this would help UX writers to make better text to fit the layout.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Some basic animal icons

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be great to be able to copy all the position and transformation values with one click and then be able to paste them onto another object with another click instead of copying one value at a time to match the exact position.

It could be similar to this type of menu from Unity

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Unsharp Mask or Smart Sharpen filter on images would be nice. Or when exporting jpegs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)