Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Why didn't you start with the code for InDesign and strip out the print specific features and go from there? Forget that you've spent money, time and development trying to mimic workflows from Sketch or especially Figma.

Designers do not need everything to be automated.

Creating and editing text should be exactly like it is in your flagship programs. Click and go or drag a text box and go. No silly auto width, auto height or fixed. Just an open box where type flows as one changes the size or scales as one does with a modify key.

In the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  2. Currently when animating from one frame to the next, all elements are subject to the delay, duration, and easing. I would love to be able to apply different timing to separate elements instead of effect all. For example, I may have a element moving across the frame with no delay, but want the another element or text to delay before animating. And perhaps animate at a slower/faster rate.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Access to the design kits from within the app (File > Get UI Kits) takes you to a 404 page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. When setting a drop shadow, it would be nice to be able to click "Make this the default drop shadow" so that any new drop shadows that are added automatically have that drop shadow. You could also have "Use default" of anything that already had a drop shadow applied.

Much like the layout grid with the 'make default' and 'use default' options

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The [Preview] to scroll up or down to where I'm working: providing a real-time view of the design. As in, I click on an element, and the [Preview] would jump to where the element is.
    The behaviour now is when you work on an element in a long design, you move over and scroll to where you are working so you may "preview" it.
    It's easy enough to go to the top of the page by reloading the [Preview] or by adding my own [Jump to Top] button, but it is less so to keep scrolling up and down as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be nice to be able to shift around the viewing area when editing a text box. It's a little frustrating to have to de-select a text box just to move the view a little bit.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When you finish drawing something in Procreate, you get a replay (sped up of course) video to see the evolution of your drawing / design over time. It would be cool to be able to see this in XD to show how much goes into a file and how many people are involved at various stages.

https://fb.watch/gTECciqph3/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Admin →
  8. I would expect to be able to save components from any file to the <library file>.
    This would help me keep track of the created components and re-use them as I design more screens, in separate files.
    Currently, I can't keep up with updating the <library file> as I work. I tried but it consumes a massive amount of time.

The extent to which I use this feature is by creating a <library file> that contains all the colours, fonts and a few basic components (inputs, selectors, buttons). As I create more and more screens with many new components, I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When exporting have a toggle that allows you to export at either the layer size (IE - cropped to the size of the text) or artboard size (IE - 300x250 for a big box banner ad).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When designing interfaces, it would be very convenient when after typing in a custom list of items in a grid, there is a function to sort them alphabetically. Right-click on the grid/group of items and choose 'order alphabetically'.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Currently, I have to name flows twice, once on the artboard and once on the link settings. Why?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Best feature in Indesign is to jump back to last used field using a keyboard shortcut. I think this should definitely be part of every application, including Adobe XD. That is:

Activate last-used field in panel --- Default: Opt+Cmd+`

This should be a great addition to all the Adobe Applications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. --- Feature Title ---
    Allow collaborators on an XD document to view share URLs

--- Why this is valuable ---
    Designers collaborating on a document might be working in different timezones, which means that the owner may not be always available to supply the share URL. In such scenario, anyone collaborating on a document should be privy to this information instead of having to wait around for the owner of the document to be available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Admin →
  14. macOS has a feature whereby when you close an app you can choose to "Quit and Keep Windows" if you hold down Alt + Cmd + Q. This makes it quicker and easier to resume working on multiple files.

Currently, Adobe XD doesn't appear to support this feature, as it ignores this command even though the application UI includes it. (Click the XD menu and hold down Alt).

Note: the default preference for this behavior is controlled in macOS System Preferences, under General > Close windows when quitting an app. So if you have this unchecked, the Alt + Cmd…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  15. It would be nice to group and title artboards so that it is easier to understand artboard collections

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ditch the shared links and create a handover library as e.g. Zeplin but within Adobe XD. From there,you can choose what artboards or sections to share.

I am tired of sharing all artboards when I only need to share a few. The Flow1, Flow2 functionality is terrible. You end up with a cluster of links in the end and stakeholders get confused.

Come on Adobe!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I select "highlight on canvas" for a component, the "0 instances found" overlay should always restart its "slide in" animation, to confirm that it was triggered by the most recent asset selected.

Right now, if the "0 instances found" bar is already on screen, and I select "highlight on canvas" for a different asset with no instances, there's no visible change indicating that XD has correctly interpreted my action and is showing me information for the second asset.

(This could also be helped by reducing the amount of time that the 0-assets found overlay bar lingers...right now it sticks…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I deleted all my wires and was surprised to discover none of the hover changes I had put in in design mode were all gone. I had to go back and fix each one which took hours. Why not have a dialog pop up that asks if you want to keep the hovers and just remove the wires that were added manually?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I am the Director of User Experience for several large companies. I make an interactive prototypes for them. These companies are doing mostly Web, AR and VR applications for global audiences. That being said almost all of the applications are made with 3d animations. The limit of 20 mp4s per document will not allow XD to be used for designing this type of software because the transitions from any point in the application need to me animated footage for a seamless experience. If you want XD to be used by big companies that are designing heavy software applications in AR,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would love to see some sort of visual association with text boxes with design system character styles applied to them.

Currently, there is no way to know if a block of text has a style applied.

This will help mitigate the risk of missing blocks and having broken associations to the library when trying to update character styles on multiple mock-ups.

Could be as simple as adding a blue diamond instead of the green used for components.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)