Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I would like the ability to drag between different XD files without having to copy and paste.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Percentage calculated border sweep around shape

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It may be helpful to see which text objects are point versus area at a glance in the layers panel.

Just a thought.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When exporting an Artboard (as PDF) I would like an option for the artboard to be exported with extra space added to the edges, such as 400 pixels or "Export to an A4 size page set up".

Also, add Header (Name of Artboard) and Footer details (Designer name and date, etc).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be great if you could just drag multiple images into XD and place them one by one onto shapes (like in indesign)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When the spec and style guide comes out in early 2017 (which I cannot wait). Usually, the developer would ask me to give them multiple file formats of the same font. I would always convert the font online to do that and it's a tedious process of uploading, converting, download and put it in a zip folder for them. It would be great if Adobe XD can automatically convert it itself.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I just started using Adobe XD instead of other UX system and I like it a lot but there were hundreds of times when I almost broke my mouse because of this nasty, frustrating mouse gestures turned on. There should be no such thing as option to move the screen only by the touch gestures in SUCH precise app. No other Adobe app has this feature turned on and it's absolutely ok to move the screen only when holding the space bar (Hand). It's natural. By doing it your way (mouse/trackpad gestures) you can easily reposition the elements by few…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Overlaying a text box on top of another pre-existing image to copy styles requires you to see what underneath the text while you are changing leading values. Have the highlight state semi-transparent ( or fully) like Sketch/other apps do.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The iPhone 6 has screen dimensions that aren't divisible by 8. As a result, placing a regular grid means that the last grid on the right and bottom and off.

Given that UI designs are bilateral vertically, if you want to make the side margins 16pts and aligned with the grid, the left margin will be off the grid.

To counter that you can make the center grid off by that 1pt, which normally doesn't affect the placement of objects as much.

The same could be done for the horizontal grid, however since most apps aren't bilateral horizontally this is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When you type copy in a box, if you type ... it converts it to a ... object which is not the same thing. So for example, working on client work where you need a format like

Subtotal.............................................$10.99

XD goes in and changes every . . . into a ... single object. It messes up the formatting especially if your dots don't work in sets of 3, because then you have ... ... ... . .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When sharing a design with multiple sizes and a black background it becomes impossible to see the edges of the screen. Adding a 1px #555 line would be enough to improve the preview experience by allowing the user to see the edges of say a small mobile screen on fullscreen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please remove this annoying overlay (please see the screenshot). It covers the art board and influences first impression.

If this is needed, please add it to loading screen before loading the prototype. Something like Invisionapp has for example.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Corner radius controls should reflect the visual corners of a rectangle so that I don't have to remember the rotation of my object.

WAS:
    To create this bug.

1) Mask an image
    2) Edit the corners of the masking rectangle
    3) The top left and top right radii effect the bottom left and bottom right respectively (as displayed by the blue corner highlight icon).

Thanks

James

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The input field for the corner radius in the right panel is not very discoverable. Its relationship to the icons just to the left of it are also not very clear unless I interact with it. Suggestion attached.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. You can delete/reject this if it's mentioned elsewhere.

When using the keyboard (Cmd+ or cmd-) and when using Cmd+opt+mouseclick to zoom out, I feel that I'm wrestling XD regarding the zoom speed.

This for me feels like a stark difference from when I use the macbook's trackpad, It's fast and buttery smooth.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bring in the awesome simple icons library used for Adobe spark video.

Awesome library simple to use

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Description: The font family list under TEXT should be resizable, or at the very least dynamically sized to expand to fit larger available screen size.

Value: A larger list would significantly reduce selection time spent using this control. The constrained size of the list is very limiting, only showing 16 choices at a time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Looks like when previewing using the keyboard arrows, the segue used is Slide Left. It would be nice if it respected the segue setup in Prototype.

If that is not possible, it would be nice to allow user to change the global segue to something else.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. Holding Option to duplicate an element is missing the cursor feedback from PS / AI (the double arrow) when you are hovering over an element that can be duplicated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Could you add the possibility of scaling a repeat group without moving the child items from their position on the artboard?

Holding down ALT scale from the center of the group but all the children move along with the top left corner which is annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)