Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. feathericon plugin

Add feathericon set plugin.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Paypal Plugin

make a paypal plugin, would be nice to have an editable one you can add in xd

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix overflow on "gridViewListWrapper-1JW4Y" element

You have double scroll bars in the grid view. Makes trying to scroll weird. I have to manually click the outer scroll bar to get it to scroll properly.

I'm not 100% sure that this is the only element with this name, but this is the element that I edit in the web inspector to fix the issue.

Currently, it's css rule for overflow is "overflow-x:hidden", to fix this issue it needs to be "overflow: hidden" (not jus the x).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Radial blur

It would be great to have a filter effect having gaussian blur, radial blur and other effect functionality to add in Adobe XD . As in i could save time instead of doing entire work in Illustrator

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix export asset image size issue

Ok, I've noticed this issue as a bug. When you export, say a .png, at design size, it's the right size (@1x). When you export for web @2x from the program, it actually sizes down @1x to be half the size, and @2x to be the original size, which is opposite of what you want.

Weirdly enough, in developer specs, the assets are exported at the right size (@1x - Design size and @2x), double the pixel size of the design size.

Can you please fix this?! This has been this way for a while.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Auto-animate between artboard sizes

If I want to Auto-animate from the bottom of a scrollable artboard to a smaller one, the scaling of the artboard doesn't animate. If it could, it would be a useful feature in prototyping multi-step flows with views of varying height.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Research Tab

A research tab included with; Design, Prototype, and Share tabs. Research could house UI kits, personas, empathy maps, journey maps, sketches, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Download Asset in platform specific file name format

Since iOS filenaming convention doesn't allow "_" and Android Asset naming convention doesn't all "-" can the asset names be renamed internally when we choose either iOS or Android Platform?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Linked components unable to be made local after unlinking

When the master file that has a linked component is deleted/moved the component cannot be made local. So if you have a corrupt file, that you are able to copy and paste to a new document (Adobe suggested debug/fix) and you delete the corrupt file, the component is left a component with a broken link.

"Unlinking" the component turns it into a group. So if you used that component on multiple art boards you have to replace them all (no easy way to do that...). If you go into the assets panel and click the dropdown and "x" out the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. IBM TRIRIGA UX Framework

Enterprise IBM Application now supports Google Polymer 1 & 3 design patterns and it would be great to connect Adobe XD to the application - currently done through text editor, jar files.. etc.

I'd love to work with your guys if anyone is interested in building a plugin.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. coolors integration

I would like to use xd to preview color schemes from Coolors

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Snap to Layout Grid doesn't work with off-pixel objects when dragging from the corner

When you grab the edge of a box, it snaps to the layout grid when resizing. However this doesn't work when you grab the corner handle.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I just was able to reproduce your issue, and it looks like an issue with off-pixel objects while dragging on the corner. Thanks for your feedback – I’ll pass this along to the team that owns this area.

13. Preview feature in Design Specs

It would be nice to be able to see a preview on the sidebar of the element that you clicked from the main artboard. That would make it just quicker for devs to download what they need, especially when clicking on layers that are buried beneath other layers. I know you can right click and select the layer you need, but sometimes layers aren't named properly, and it'll just be a great quality of life improvement to be able to preview what you are clicking on the main artboard. Most design spec platforms already have this feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Color shades support

There is a workflow where people work on picking different types of shades of colors as a part of their designs they are working for.
    It would a great asset if the color picker would allow the users to work through it with a better workflow

Prototype example Link: https://blog.prototypr.io/an-updated-color-picker-for-practicality-adobexd-294d5e4e5f92?source=friends_link&sk=84ed163845b694ea96a197be1b24d992

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Proportional Responsive Resize

A proportional change of blocks is very often used on sites. It will be great if you add this feature.
    The spaces that can be created between blocks when changing the width of the artboard can be removed by linking the upper blocks to the lower blocks.
    You can also implement the zoom function.
    texts and icons when changing the width of the artboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, I’m having a difficult time understanding what you’re asking for. We do have both responsive resize in multiple directions as well as Stacks to maintain spacing between different parts of a group. Can you please clarify?

16. Plugin to mirror selection

My Idea: A Mirror Plugin
    You could select up to 2 shapes or more, and an option to mirror would appear as a circle beside the shape. You could drag this circle up or down, and it would mirror the shape(s) around. When you let go, it would create those shapes.

This plugin would be useful to me because it would be easy to make circles with shapes built-in to them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fixed position items should be moved into position on export

To fix a bottom bar inside the interface to the bottom screen you have to fix it to the viewport height (Current-behavior.png). The problem is when I would like to export my mockup I expect the bottom bar on the bottom of my mockup not in the middle like inside the expected-one.png.

Because it's painful to change all your mockups to export them and after to re-move the bottom bar to have a prototype that will work properly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Approve invitations sent by invited viewers of my prototype

When I share my access rights on a prototype and I select the option, invited persons only and users have sharing rights. I no longer have to accept and receive requests to view the prototype from invited users, I can accept or refuse those from people who have received a share link from my guests.

Thank you in advance!

Have a nice day and take care of yourself :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Copy artboard as raster at 2x

I make heavy use of the ability to copy an artboard as a raster image, so I can quickly paste images into other apps (Teams, Confluence, Target Process, etc.).

I design at 1x, but I'd really love it if the artboards were copied at 2x so I can preserve full fidelity when viewing the pasted images on retina screens.

Any chance there could be an option to copy at 1x or 2x?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Multiple behaviours per trigger

You should be able to create animations that trigger per action. For example let's say I want a button to have a default state and a downstate and revert back to default state when I let go. Not only this but also the button would play an audio file (independent of the animation duration) and show an animation that indicates that the audio is playing non related to the button states.

I tried creating something like this today but it's clumsy and laggy and has 5 artboards. I think this could be achieved with one artboard if you could cycle…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base