Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make State/Hover Names Searchable

I am using component states for currency icons (dollar, Euro, etc). I'd love to be able to search for "Euro" even though that instance/state is tied to a master component labeled "Currency".

Breakdown: Type "Euro" into the search field and the Currency icon appears because one of its states is called "Euro". This will let me know the state I am trying to find lives in the Currency icon. Could be very helpful for others I have shared the components with to be able to find the right icon state.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Share for content insertion

The ability to allow someone with permissions (client, writer, etc.) to edit the content directly from the shared link, like an editor mode.

This would streamline my agency's workflow when we hire an outside writer to create content for a site, or help the client insert content themselves, creating more clarity, and reducing back and forth.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Trace image (create vector object out of bitmap)

I would like to have a feature that allow me to drop a screen capture of a web page and make some kind of "trace" like in Illsutrator, but in this case Adobe XD would create vector elements for every item that detects on the image. Like an OCR for an image.

I have to redraw pages sometimes and this would save a lot of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Go to artboard

On viewing the list of layers, the user should be able to 'go to artboard' through a right-click menu
    Currently, it is not possible to find an artboard from too many artboards in the application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Esc or Space key to get rid of notification

When you are trying to delete a componenst off of your Assets list, sometimes you will check if its still on your canvas using the "Highlight on Canvas" option.

Then the blue notification bar sometimes appears with "0 instances of this component found", which is fine.

However, you need to click "X" to get rid of the notification every time. Instead of being able to quickly click ESC or something. This makes it hard (or should i say tedious) to do quick scan of the next component, because the blue notification linger around and may not apply to the new…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Pick Hex Value of Objects with Adjusted Alpha Values

If I create an object that's #000 and adjust the alpha value of it to say 5% XD cannot currently tell me what the hex value of that object is, it only says: #000000, 5%. In order to find out, I need to copy the object into Photoshop to find the actual hex value. Can you add the ability to determine what the value is without having to open a new app? Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Increased performance on real time coediting

Real time collaborations with others similar to Figma. Right now the feature has a very long delay/lag time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Comment on state should be pinned to that state, not entire component

I have a component with various states. When shared, any comments added when "state 2" is active, currently show up in "Default State" as well.

It would be nice if comments stuck to component states, and were only visible when that state is active.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix corruption of Design Review links, or carry comments over to a new link.

Occasionally the commenting feature at a review link breaks and commenting is no longer available. The screen says, "We are unable to post your reply, please try again." Creating a new link allows commenting again, but all the previous comments are stuck with the old link.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Grid Component Hover relation

I have a component with the hover state that is repeated within the grid. I repeated the first element several times, then I want to have different texts and images in each element. I expect that the change inside of each instance will NOT be repeated in other instances of this component within the grid - unfortunately this is not the case.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! I think what you’re actually looking for is not a repeat grid, but actually a series of components grouped into a stack. That way, it can grow and shrink with the size of the components in the stack instead of being fixed in width like the repeat grid. Does that work for you?

11. Click on coeditor's avatar to zoom to selection

It would be great if users can click on the co-editor's icon on the top right and be brought to the screen that the co-editor is working on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Spacing between Repeating grids should snap to guides

If I set guides on an artboard and then create a repeating grid on it, it would be nice if when editing the spacing between the objects in a repeating grid can snap to those guides.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Place Objects on top of the artboard but not related to it

I have a scenario where I have 3 artboards, along those artboards I have three shapes as a repeating grid; I fill those shapes with images, and now want to place that grid atop an artboard by not part of it. This may seem strange, but in this example I'm recreating a screen, so essentially want to have those three images as transparent to work as guides.

Currently any object placed atop an artboard becomes part of that artboard, so in my case that repeating grid of images is hidden outside the first artboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Linked asset updates should come with approval source note

It is nice that you can link assets across documents, however it would also be nice to see a notes modal about things like the user that created the change, if the change has been approved an finalized for you to implement, as well as date.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide a list of styles for selected component in the shared design (dev > inspect)

I request a list of CSS styles in the shared design (dev > inspect) to follow the component thought further. It would be great if we could have a component list where we could select a component and see all CSS styles of all elements defined within the component.

A component developer could see all required layers and styles for selected component.

https://xd.adobe.com/view/ae243bf4-8b78-420a-44a3-bd6b08f0301f-d815/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. [Windows] Cannot undo gradient points in modal

When working with the gradient tool modal, if you create, say a third gradient point, and you want to undo that, you can't. But then when you go back to the main screen of the app, select that gradient window and combo the undo request it works.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [Windows] Can't Move Shape in Mask Group

I have a mask group:
    1 Image
    1 Shape

While the shape is selected, I can only move that shape around using my keyboard arrow keys, moving it with the mouse is impossible

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Double click on text icon layer to edit text (like in photoshop)

I'm a user from Photoshop and I'm used to double click on the layer Text icon to edit text content in the artboard. I think this should be a good feature to apply to XD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Paste and replace

As a UX Designer i want to have ability to copy an object of any type and then paste and replace multiple Text, Vectors, Images and Components with it in a single action.

How it should work.
    1. Select an object (source) and use a standard copy action. cmd + C
    2. Select one or multiple objects (targets) on one or multiple artboards. The objects can be all different types.
    3. Use an action "paste and replace"

What will happen: the object in clipboard replaces the selected objects.

Position: all pasted objects take the same position as the targets.
    Width:…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base