Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Would it be possible to have the libraries window attach to the side panel like the other tools instead of always floating in the work space? If you minimize the app the panel stays and gets in the way. Thank you! We are loving the app so far.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. We need an easy way of organizing artboards by user flows. I have multiple projects with 100+ pages and mutliple flows within them. When you do prototypes for functional things, you can't always just make one big prototype. Due to different user roles, states, etc. They can't be connected and you end up having mutiple flows to account for when you go to publish. Its all a big pain to manage.

My current workaround is to visually group my artboards together and put a big label above them for identification (see screenshot). I then add a "table of contents" menu…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

With Aug (XD 32) release of Adobe XD, we now have added the ability to Share varied user journeys with “Multiple flows”.

Designers can now create and share multiple prototype flows in a single XD document. You can set different Home artboards to prototype flows in a document and publish various links. Check these links for more details. Hope this helps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TbbMeM650g

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/xd/user-guide.html/ca/xd/help/whats-new/2020.ug.html#multiple-flows

3. Us windows (10) user are really badly stuck for a good prototyping tool. It is awful to see, once again, that windows users of XD are trailing Mac users in terms of functionality!

Sketchapp have ignored Windows users, which IMHO is going to be the eventual cause of their demise as most design/dev teams use a mix of OSs in house.

I looked at Adobe XD last year and again over the past day. Windows users are still being treated as second class users to Mac users.

Please speed up or Windows development! Features of both OSs should be released…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, all-

Apologies for the delay, but we are definitely treating Windows as a first class citizen in the XD ecosystem. With the exception of some UWP platform limitations (specifically: preview recording, USB tethered mobile preview, and some font stuff), we’re at feature alignment and have committed to releasing all new features on Mac and Windows. We’re also investing in bringing some Windows-only features in the future, so stay tuned for that!

I’m marking this feature as closed.

-Elaine

1. Version 0.6.16.7 Beta
    2. Synchronize font from Typekit
    3. Sync'd font should be available in Xd
    4. Sync'd font is unavailable in Xd until after app relaunch

other search terms: load fonts without restart, reload installed fonts automatically

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add a UI Kit for Mac OS X interface controls. I often do extensive prototyping of Mac application interfaces, and there needs to be a better tool than things like Keynote.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bridge with sympli for improving the share with developers.
    Sympli works in interaction with XCode and Android Studio, at moment is available only for Photoshop.

Enjoy: https://sympli.io/downloads/web

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

XD’s January 2018 update now supports integration with Sympli (as well as Zeplin, Avocode, ProtoPie, and Kite Compositor). Read more at https://theblog.adobe.com/introducing-popular-3rd-party-integrations-adobe-xd/

Sympli is only supported on Mac right now. If you’re interested in Sympli support with XD on Windows, please let us know by upvoting https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/33045637-sympli-integration-on-windows

6. I'd love to see the ability to transition between artboards by using the keyboard.

For the UI, I'd place a keyboard icon just below the "set as home" icon. When you click it, you can see a list of current key transitions and a button to add a new one. When you click the new button, you have a box to enter the key to bind and then an arrow to link the artboard the key will transition to.

It would be important to include the ability to link keys such as the arrow keys, space bar, escape key, etc.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Right now the Windows app saves automatically when closing, I would like that there be a dialog that asks whether the file should be saved or not instead.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In our April release this morning, we’ve introduced Boolean groups to the platform! To update, check your Creative Cloud desktop application. If you don’t see it, click on the gear in the CC Desktop application and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

9. In usability studies we need a way to drop fake hotspots that do not have to be linked, the reason that we need this is so that the user can click around more and hover over things to help the prototype not lead the user into clicking the item that we've enabled.

If we could just drawing a hotspot and linking it on every single page of a flow is not idea and just being able to draw a hotspot and link it to nothing while activating the mouse hand to still go to a pointer will help our studies…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

We added a way for you to turn hotspots off on the web prototypes. You can now add “?hints=off” to your URL and no hotspots will show.

In the future, we’ll add this option to the Share Online dialog, but, for now, you can just add the additional parameter to your URL.

This request also includes some users who want us to turn off hand cursor changes. We did not do this when hotspots are off because we are unsure if this is really what people want. If your use case includes one where you want cursor changes off, please vote on this issue and make a comment:

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/19766590-turn-off-cursor-changes-when-hotspots-are-off

Let us understand your use case a bit better. Thanks!

10. after i've shared a prototype URL then i view it on my phone, is there a way to disable browser UI when viewing the prototype on mobile device? can you tuck away the browser chrome? it is a bit fussy and annoying trying to tap through a native app experience when i keep having to scroll around to get rid of the browser chrome. it feels clunky.

thanks so much! apologies if this is a duplicate, but i can't find similar request anywhere.

-byron

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

If the browser chromes are appearing over your artboard in the mobile browsers, then you can scroll up to dismiss the browser chromes.
    Please try it and let us know your feedback.

Best Regards
    Rizurekh Saha

11. I really liked the new October 2018 update where you have Linked Symbols across multiple files, especially when you made a source file.

I would like to also have this ability for character styles as I have many websites that all need to share the same UI style guide. I often change my mind about the font size, colour, line spacing and etc.

If I had this, then making a source file that links with multiple design files will make life so much easier to manage. Without having to go to each file and update...

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone!

With XD May release, now you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

Please give it a try and let’s us know what you think

12. When pasting an object into an artboard, by default it is pasted "in place" (i.e. at the same position as the artboard it was copied from). In most instances, this is very useful. However, in some cases it's not the desired behaviour. Particularly when working while zoomed into large artboards, it can be hard to find the pasted object.

It would be useful to have a modifer key / alternative shortcut for pasting the contents of the clipboard into the centre of the current viewport (i.e. the default paste behaviour in other CS apps). This would be in line with…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bearing with us on this! We’ve adjusted the way that paste works, and I think you’ll find it a little more intuitive. Now, we’ll always paste in the visible area of your selected artboard, which means you won’t lose your objects off screen any more.

Check it out, play with it, and let us know what you think here in UserVoice!

If you don’t see your August update immediately, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, click the gear, and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

13. Being able to name and find quickly a symbole
    As a big user of masters and symbols, It is important to being able to categorize them and being able to find the relevant item to add in the prototype.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like to be able to select multiple text items, shapes, lines, etc. and be able to group edit their color, typeface, type size, corners, opacity, etc. Right now, I have to double click each and every type to change anything, which is a pain. Also (related) I need a way to axxess the type menu, shape menu, etc. without having to double click on anything.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, with the March release XD now supports the ability to Cmd+Shift+Click (or Ctrl+Shift+Click on Win) to select items across multiple groups and edit them together.

15. To not re-create symbols in a new document.
    Still a good idea to add the ability to insert different text on different screens in one symbol.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Its done in the Design Mode but Prototype mode needs the zoom tool too please

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Currently, Cmd-0 fits the entire XD set of Artboards into view. It would be nice that if an Artboard is selected, the same command will fit THAT Artboard into the view (similar to InDesign, where there are 2 commands, one for Fit All and one for Fit Page/Spread, but needing only one keyboard shortcut for both, purely dependent on what you have selected or not.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hard to view specifications of every element in a group/layer. For developers it seems better not to group anything, so they can view every item and layer (like overlays, highlighted text, etc.). But even then one cannot see all colors of the layers in one element (when you show different states of button, you add a 30% black overlapping layer on top of a color). A solution would be to show all layers, and make them selectable.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve now introduced right-click as well as ability to hold CMD to drill down on layers. With these two features, one can select any layer in the artbaords that you are inspecting

19. I want to export my designs to Sympli using XD on Windows 10 - just like it works with XD on Mac.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 11 13 31 32