Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. radial repeat grid

I'm fairly new to XD so not sure if there is a way to do this already, but I thought of creating a radial repeat grid. Say you want to quickly create a clock face or compass. Designing one or 2 elements or numbers then having a repeat grid available to stretch around in a circle, or even just a curve.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When panning the canvas, make UI 90% Opaque.

When holding spacebar and moving around your entire canvas: instead of cutting off content behind the UI panels, why not decrease the opacity of your UI Panels on the left and right to be about 90%. This way you can at least see what's being overlapped etc while moving. When it's registered that you've stopped moving, the UI flips back to 100% opacity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Text in design spec should be able to be highlighted

Text can be highlighted... Please make text selectable on design review.

A text be highlighted just like an ordinary website would.. Client is frustrated that in correcting a very long contenting in design review, he has to write it all over again.. There's copy thingy on Development sharing for contents i know but for clients its a learning curve.. A simple highlightable text and copy pastable would do wonders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Damaged states when copying a artboard

Copying a artboard that contains states to another project. the states appears to be damaged.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Paragraph spacing should not affect linked character style

As it is now, adding paragraph spacing to a text box disconnects that text from its character style. If I am to update the character style my text box is not updated accordingly. And I can't add paragraph spacing to the character style, so that feature is rendered useless.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Keep the Link Sharing Free but Collaboration can go premium

Please make the share link always free. It's such an awesome feat that could go toe to toe with sketch and figma :(..

But keep the collaboration premium :( Please Adobe Pretty please...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Automatic Counters

Make auto counters a thing so that a numbered component/list can automatically change when a certain trigger is applied. Example: When adding items to a shopping cart, the number on the cart icon automatically changes when the button is clicked instead of having to manually create a list of numbers and different states for each one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable watermark

I do not want people copying my work, so I thought a watermark would be great

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Objects number limitation when export artboards

Hi, I have designed a very long page, it's a detail page, so it contains hundreds of objects, but when I export this artboard to png, many objects are disappear on the png, seems there is limitation of objects number when export, it can't export so many objects for a single page. So I don't know how to share this page to the developers, since I can't split it into pieces because the objects / elements should be on a single page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Export without border radius and shadow

Border radius, shadow and stroke in XD project are excellent, but why do I have to export jpg assets with it? On web these thing are made by css code. Please add functionality to export images just cropped to the size set in project, but without added border radius, shadow and stroke.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Export XD artboard to Photoshop as smart object

I would be great to have a option to export selected artboard/s to Photoshop as smart objects. Just like Vector Smart Object from Illustrator.

Currently copying and pasting XD artboard in Ps makes it as flat image.

This could be useful for making advanced device mockups, we could make changes inside XD and it will automatically update in Ps. Or just show popup with choice "Smart object / Flatten image".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Voice person: Amy, Joanna, etc

Hello, I notied that my voices in XD changed. I had a list of 3 including amy. it went to about 7, no more Amy, no others like Joanna. The problem is that now my prototype has different voices and unless i rebuild from scratch i can't change Amy to Joanna or vice versa. Anybody come across this? any solves?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The list of available voices are dependent on your system locale, as some of them have regional accents. To go back to your original set, you can change your region from “United States” to “Great Britain” in your Windows settings, then restart XD. You should see your original set of 3 at that point. Hope that helps!

13. Component states in the Touch Bar

Show the component states in the Touch Bar when that specific component is selected. It's nice to be able to hit esc to return to the default component but you still need to mouse over and click on the next state you want to edit it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Order of actions in 1 trigger

Once I press a button or touch, I want to get an animation to other artboard and a sound at the same time. For now if I do both, adobe xd preffers only one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Retain angle and position of gradient in color asset

When I save a gradient fill under 'Colors' section in Asset panel, the angle & position is not getting saved. Every time when I use that gradient from asset panel it is coming from top to bottom direction irrespective of what I had set before. Please retain the gradient angle & position also as part of the asset.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Repeat duplicate including distance

I would like to drag an object holding down option to duplicate it and having CMD-D (duplicate) repeat the duplication with the previously used distance.

ALT-Drag from A to B -> CMD-D (uses the distance between A and B)

This would help so much. Sketch and Figma already have this behaviour. I think even Illustrator has it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Plugin to replace Artboard font

The idea is to give designers the ability to change entire Font family on a dashboard to a different font while maintaining its typeface/font weight. I previously purchased a UI with dozens of dashboards which have different font from our client's font choice. Its a pain going through all individual fonts on each dashboard trying to change them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. close preview window keyboard command

I'm sure you used to be able to close the preview window with CMD+W now this is not possible, can you please reinstate that? (Mac Catalina) Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out. I just confirmed with our quality engineers that this does work on Catalina. However, if you have a keyboard trigger set on the artboard you’re previewing, XD will not respond to the command, as Cmd+W could be a valid keyboard trigger. Let us know if this resolves the issue for you.

19. Bulk delete linked components

Why is not possible to select group of linked components and delete them from project? Why this is only possible individually? I’m enclosing image.

In general the management of components is quite week and not user friendly. I can link all components from others projects, but then I cannot unlink them or manage them at all... Good idea, but functionality is not quite finished .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sitemap for shared prototype

Xd Prototype mode is very difficult to handle , when we are working in big enterprise web application , we have multiple flows wiring those flows in Xd is difficult , again when we share the link with customer they get also confuse , because in XD we dont have any sitemap in prototype mode
    I think product team made the prototype mode more intuitive and easy to use for big project handling like enterprise level application, rather then only mobile and website.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base