Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Hi,

I would like to request basic, native Xbox controller integration into the mobile application - the simple tap action is all I am looking for.

I am currently working for ABC Studios International and utilizing Adobe XD to produce the apps which appear within the show. Usually this work would occur in post production, however I am trying to encourage a more active use of this software in my local screen industry.

An example of an application is a simple phone call interaction. The character receives a call, picks up and hangs up. In most cases the talent can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Hi, one of programmers at my work had a problem with clip path ID in SVG files that was exported from XD because each of them didn't have unique clip path ID. Whereas exporting from Illustrator had an option of giving clip path ID a unique ID. Can it be also implemented in XD?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Would be awesome if we could update our sketch library and then reconvert it into XD, replacing the existing one. This way we could use sketch for updating libraries while using them in XD.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In sketch, you can have various states of a button based on size of the artboard and symbol in the "control" artboard and naming convention. When importing my library system to XD, XD does not recognize any of my states and simply imports them all as individual symbols. Please make it so XD can understand states from sketch libraries and implement them as proper states in an imported library.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would help to justify design of font (typography) and element sizing if XD allows to set a custom percent of zoom to enable viewing a true screen size on a device.

Currently XD misleads with View 100% by displaying a larger viewport size because incorrectly detecting my monitor(s) resolution/pixel density. So I have to do extra work changing Zoom level (under View) from 100% to 68% for seeing an actual size of a phone viewport.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. WHY mobile landscape in Preview have space at top and bottom with black color, its ugly, this gape/space can only be gone if height is 550 or more, height under 550 have this space which make whole prototype look very ugly to show some one. in the screenshot attached The W is 736 and the H is 414 Landscape

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When you copy a paragraph from specs and some of the text is underlined in the design/prototype, it would be great if the underline was copied as well?

This could be easily left off by the developer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I'd like to be able to choose to have the property inspector already open in development view. It would save having to describe how to click on the icon to engineers every time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be great if the input field could expand if you are adding a long comment, as right now it can be very hard to edit the box when it is over a certain length.

It would also be great to add a bit more of a margin between the input field and the @ button as I am forever hitting the @ button by accident.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Because we are using the XD file as a Source of Truth for the product team (Zeplin for the developers). Each feature is spelled out in a ticket, and I would like to link to the page referred to thereof. It's cumbersome for everyone to have to navigate to it for each ticket. This is a dense dashboard product.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When selecting text (via drag selection or double clicking a word), it will display the blue highlight boundary. There are some UI kits that use this blue as part of their wireframing palette making it impossible to see the text highlight when you have text on top of this color.

Ideally, the selection highlight should just invert the color underneath it so you can always see the boundary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add more color contrast on the css section. It is currently purple and orange on a gray background. It is very hard to read.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I found a confusion to quickly identify differences between "Preserve scroll position" and "Fixed position when scrolling" looking alike check boxes, and resulting checking a wrong box and then dealing with prototype "glitches", XD agent support, and overall time waste.

I hope XD Design can do something better to visually identifying distinction between these two features/functionalities in XD user interface, such as adding icons to better visualize "fixed position" and "preserve scroll Y-coordinate"

Case Number: ADB-9008089-L8Z4

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow an option to view the full name of a linked document in the assets panel. Right now, document names are truncated and if two documents are linked with similar titles, there is no way to distinguish which one is the correct (or most current).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Share for Review & Share for Development are so similar in terms of interface and it's so confusing because I end up commenting on the wrong one every time since they look too much the same.

It would be better if for e.g. the Developer's one has a different Background etc...

And please, although there is already a request for it, add the get/send notifications for updates

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to be able to choose amount of columns in the asset panel regardless of the width of the asset panel list view. Instead of XD automatically choosing the amount of columns depending on width it would be much easier if I could choose the number of columns I want and have it stay that way.

Because I sometimes have long names of components, I am constantly having to manipulate the size of the asset panel to see the full name in the 1 column view. When I have a wide panel in the layers and then I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to select 1 or more components, preferably on 1 or more art boards though search, and reset the name of the component(s) to the name that it is in the asset library.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. If an element is outside of the artboatd, e.g. an image carousel that slides with auto-animate, currently you cannot drop an image file onto it. This needs to be fixed, as currently you need to move the element to inside the artboard to drop the image then move back to the original position, which is very counter productive.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When designing a banner for a youtube channel or facebook-site with cover image … I'd like to export my images in the right size, but the export from XD to JPG/PNG is poor (color-mistakes no attachment of color profiles) OR if Iäd like to make advanced work (filters/masks etc.) I don't like to rebuild my design in Photoshop. An export from XD to Photoshop 8with all layers) would be very helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)