Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. instagram post

Instagram post maker

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A new way to handle transition type animations

Howdy, folks!

That's a little bit of a stretch, but hear me out:

We could have a new panel to handle animations on components, for micro-interactions. This panel would allow us to select which propriety would be animated, like we do with css animations, calling specific prop, e.g.: "transition: width".

That would allow us to make correct animations for micro-interactions, and also allow us to see exactly with animation to use we is time to deliver the prototype to the developers.

See y'all later! Be safe n be well!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bind micro-interaction on any element inside the component

Howdy folks!

Would be awesome if we could bind micro interaction on any element inside a component. That would allow us to make more complex interactions for components, like multiple state changes based on different elements and triggers.

Imagine a Sidebar component, that when we tap some button inside, that make the sidebar toggle size. With the option of binding the state change on the child element, the prototype would be more reliable when was time to delivery to the developers, where they would know exactly which element trigger each state change.

Hope that you'all are safe and healthy.

Love…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Move component to front and change state on click

I have multiple components and some of this components states are popup windows, since the first state of the components are buttons, when the pop up state is triggered the other components beneath will show up in front. If i bring this componen to front then the next button will have the same problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remember layout

Every time I open XD it opens in the same size window not bothering to remember that I last had the program open across two monitors filling the screens top to bottom, with the preview window open and zoomed into a specific artboard. And, XD never opens a document to the last place I edited it. It's always scrunched up small in the center of the screen.

How about remembering the positions and size of the application windows and the locations within each document I was last editing so I don't need to rearrange my workspace and go searching for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Fix position when scrolling" should be visible in <Preview mode> even elements are out of view point

I had a problem to make the elements fixed when it is out of viewpoint, they disappear from the preview mode.

My project has one case that requires one element should be appeared in a section which is unfortunately out of viewpoint already (please see my attachment).

Please make an update for the features "Fixed position when scrolling" visible in Preview Mode & Prototype link even that element is out of viewpoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Organization for installed plugins: folders, custom order, persistent panel, condensed view

There are some plugins that I use as much as, or even more than, XD's core tools, and it would be great if they were just as easy to access. Here are some UI changes that I think would make a huge difference:

FOLDERS
    I'd really like to be able to sort my plugins into folders so that I can access related features at once. For instance, most of the time, I'd love to be able to move the preview and export plugins to a folder that I could leave closed while I'm designing, then open up for all-in-one-place access…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Swatch .SVG

Swatch .svg files that are created in illustrator should be compatible in Adobe XD like it is in other Adobe products.

Currently .svg files that include a swatch pattern turn black when imported into Adobe XD. I was told that this feature is not available in XD.

A swatch .svg is used at times to help lower files size for better website performances. I use/create them in illustrator and would love to have them compatible with Adobe XD so the assets can easily be shared and downloaded via XD link.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable link publish to existing prototypes for new copy of the document

I often annotate up a lot of comments for developers as notes. If I then save a new version of the design I want to be able to update my existing developments spec link but I only have the option to make a new link. Having the option to select the prototype I would like to update would be best.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. transpose also text not only image when adapting a horizontal repeat grid from desktop to mobile

Now only the image adapt, the text will copy the first one. Text should also adapt. see attached file for example. 2 and 3 disappear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Keyboard shortcut for assets search

As a user, I want to be able to use CONTROL/COMMAND + F to search the assets so that I can quickly find what I am looking for.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Folders for grid view in shared design specs

The grid page to view all pages on design review can get too busy when have a lot of pages/design. I would like this 'grid' page to be able to have sub folders. For example, I can have all my templates in one folder, Navigations and drop downs in another folder, style guides and UI in another folder etc. With my current project, clients are seeing 18 pages on this link which could seem confusing, grouping templates is a must for me to present designs more professionally. Would love this feature to be built asap! Who's with me??? ;)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Shared for Web Preview in Chrome/Edge on windows image quality issue

Since that new Auto-fit feature appeared, I've noticed the quality of image in Chrome and Edge on Windows not rendering properly as if it was using a scaling resampling such as NEAREST NEIGHBOR (which distorts edges in an image) instead of a BILINEAR (stays smooth and sharp). It wasn't doing that not too long ago but it's so bad that I have to stop sharing with my clients.

It seems to be better in Firefox.

Version 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Last version of XD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To understand this problem more, is it possible for you to share more details of what did you mean by image quality issues?
    Perhaps a screenshot of an image that you see in the app and how is it appearing in your chrome browser would help. What would also be really useful is to give info on what are the properties and settings you are doing on that image inside the app.

Thanks!

14. Creative Cloud Files and XD cloud documents should be the same thing

Adobe Cloud files should be exchangeable with the creative cloud files. Its frustrating to work in a team that uses both creative cloud library and XD cloud documents and they aren't synced. At least make it so the shared links are smart enough to recognize the file name and not create a new link if there was already a link created for the XD cloud version of the file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show hotspots for all interaction types

Right now Hotspots show when there is an object with the "tap" links activated. But for example If I have a button with a "hover" state and that hover state has the "tap" link. Then it doesn't show when I share my prototype.

It'd be cool to maybe make custom hotspots or something to guide our teammates through the prototype. Like some kind of onboarding.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Brandfolder integration

Id love to have an integration with branfolder so I can pull my assets and have my style guide right in the app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fibonacci number proportions

Intégrer la suite de Fibonacci pour avoir des proportions agréables.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. https://www.blobmaker.app/

It would be nice to have blobmaker plugin

https://www.blobmaker.app/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please make artboard resizing also resize contained elements

If I create a rectangle that coincides with the artboard boundaries (as in an outline), and make sure responsive resize is on, it doesn't resize with the artboard itself.

This seems like an important case, to treat the artboard resizes as affecting anything directly contained with responsive resize on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Temporarily hide selection highlight when changing a subselection of a text element

When selecting a text to change its color, I would like to be able to see the text without the selection, so I can compare its new color against the background color. Right now I have to make a guess since I don't see the background, but I see the selection highlighted. Can you hide the selection highlight while I am choosing a color? Thank youuu!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base