Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. A very common scenario where I am trying to align an icon to thr right of the screen with a padding like the one I used on the left of the screen. Wouldn't it be cool if XD suggests "Hey you used 16px to align your header to the left of the art board/object would you like to keep icon also to 16px from the right?'

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Baseliner - Spacing Issue while using text/ typography in XD

Require baseliner plugin its a crome extension.
    This helps while designing since XD has some weird / dramatic bounding box while using text / typography.

Main issue is spacing. Due to that bounding box around text take so much of space that it becomes difficult for developer to avail exact values from XD File.

What's the point of having developer link if your spacing ain't correct due to bounding box.

It's pointless to grab each text box & manually match the spacing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  3. Most of our assets are white as we have a dark background on our app and this makes the asset view in dev mode totally useless.

Please give use a darker colour or allow us to pick one that works for us.
    Alternatively give us a list view option with label names so we can see what we are doing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The huge header and footer (ESPECIALLY THE FOOTER) on the bottom of the display area of a shared Development (export for Web) mockup is ridiculous. PLEASE reduce it significantly!

WHY is are the header and footer so huge? We're not trying to show-off Adobe XD. The Software Engineers I work with could care less about Adobe XD! They want to see a spec'd mockup that they can use. I'm trying to show-off a mockup and most of the screen is taken up by useless, space-hogging Adobe XD stuff.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be useful to be able to quickly apply a rainbow gradient pattern to a selected shape, rather than manually assigning it each time. Perhaps a keystroke to apply it too?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Run path operations on shapes grouped to bounding boxes.

Masked paths/shapes are revealed in js react. It would be nice to not have to do this manually.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Is this still an issue for you?
    If yes, could you please attach an XD file with which you can reproduce the issue and maybe a recording?
    Our team tried to reproduce it but with no success.

Thanks,
    Corina Murgila

7. I often design without selecting my colors from the color assets or forget to use a font from the Asset panel. After some time and a lot of artboards I have no overview anymore where I have to adjust this. It would be good to have a way to highlight all styles (colors, fonts) that are not currently added to the asset panel, so I can easily select these elements and change them accordingly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Would be great if we had a hover out trigger, so that will be activated when we leave the element.

That would make so more realistic to handle state changes, especially whem we have many states in our component.

Thanks good people, have a great day!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. As a user, I want to be able to use CONTROL/COMMAND + F to search the assets so that I can quickly find what I am looking for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adobe Cloud files should be exchangeable with the creative cloud files. Its frustrating to work in a team that uses both creative cloud library and XD cloud documents and they aren't synced. At least make it so the shared links are smart enough to recognize the file name and not create a new link if there was already a link created for the XD cloud version of the file

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  11. When selecting a text to change its color, I would like to be able to see the text without the selection, so I can compare its new color against the background color. Right now I have to make a guess since I don't see the background, but I see the selection highlighted. Can you hide the selection highlight while I am choosing a color? Thank youuu!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I do not want people copying my work, so I thought a watermark would be great

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Method: Working with a set of Canvasses I always use the 'off Artboard' area next to the Artboard as a 'holding area' for assets/content.

Problem:
    When I move an Artboard all the content/assets that are related to that Artboard (on canvas) need to be moved separately.

Feature: Regions
    I can create a container called a REGION, similar to an Artboard, to move all objects within the container.

Example:
    I have a Region that contains 2 Artboards and 6 assets on the Canvas next to the Artboards.
    All 8 items move when I drag and drop the Region.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be nice to be able to integrate a link handoff to the mobile tableau app to be able to view fully interactive visualizations.

What this would look like is if someone is viewing the xd app on a mobile device, an icon or text link would prompt the tableau app to open and display a visualization..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When I touch a corner the spot for rotate and resize are so close that when my mouse lags just a mili second I rotate the whole element instead of scaling it. I would see some space between the area where the rotation-arrows appear so there is a better differentiation and a more robust use of both tools when selecting and scaling an object.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  17. It would be nice to be able to arrange and Re-arrange the downloaded plugins in the dashboard. For example when i am specifically working on importing and exporting asset properties for Flutter or other code generator if i cud arrange all of my Flutter plugins in a row one by one that would be helpful for work flow. or if i would like to arrange my plugins by swatches and palettes, content generator ,code generator etc. would help speed up workflow. would be nice to tag and filter as well

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Why is not possible to select group of linked components and delete them from project? Why this is only possible individually? I’m enclosing image.

In general the management of components is quite week and not user friendly. I can link all components from others projects, but then I cannot unlink them or manage them at all... Good idea, but functionality is not quite finished .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would love to select a group of items, see a list of the used colors, manipulate them and be done.

It would help me to quickly change multiple objects colors and save a lot of time in comparison to sketch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add the ability to search the canvas for exact matches of a master component to turn into instances.

Scenario: you’ve created an element (button, icon, whatever) and forgot to make it a component. Before long... you have 30 of them scattered around and want to make an adjustment. Oops!

It’d be nice if you could turn one into a master component, then have the option to search the canvas for identical elements to turn into instances of that component.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)