Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Invite option for public prototypes

With private protoypes I can invite people by email address, so that I can then mention them in the comments using the @ symbol, even if they havent commented before.

I would like to have the same functionality for public prototypes, where this is currently not possible and I have to wait until they leave a comment on their own, in order to get their attention using mentions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Text-To-Speech language selection within app.

Ability to select text-to-speech language per action used.

1. Example: Creating a mobile app with text reading capabilities. If the app has a "Select Language" page, then the language read back should match the language selected.

2. Having TTS language selection as part of each speech playback action created would be a great inclusion, especially if an app is developed with multiple languages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support lower end hardware (2GB memory)

Can we expect a lighter version of Adobe XD in coming future which can support 2GB ram ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Character isolation mode to control individual text properties

1- I know that might not sound like a priority but sometimes when I am using multiple text layers and converting them to paths, I would love to have a character isolation option in order for me to make it easier to then control each character, rotate, reflect or whatsoever on its own. Having nodes once converted to path is great, but I also believe that having an element isolation mode will be very helpful for quicker flow.

2- Having an option to control the parent anchor point of an object will def come in handy.

Lastly, not trying to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you have only suggestion per ticket instead of multiple. I’ll edit this one to focus on the character isolation issue, but would you mind filing the parent anchor point as a separate issue? (Specifically, is this anchor point for the purpose of path drawing, or is it for the purpose of alignment?) Thanks!

5. Move mask with shape into context menu on Mac

In windows, it was very simple to right click a selection and select "Mask with shape" now that function requires some extra hunting in Mac. Could this be added into the menu when right clicking? It would be much less interaction cost (IMO).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. modifier key to disable alignment to pixel grid

It would be nice to have modifier key that you could press while positioning an object to disable alignment to the pixel grid.

e.g. holding down x while moving a object would let you move it freely without it aligning to the pixelgrid.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add interaction styles to the Assets panel

Animations should be able to come out as assets. This way if you need to change all your animations at same time, for example to transition/none, it can be done quickly. This would be an AWESOME feature and should work just like colors assets!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Open iCloud XD documents in iOS app

It would be great to be able to open XD documents that are saved in iCloud Drive, whether through the Cloud Documents tab in the iOS XD app or via a Share Sheet in iCloud Drive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Font re-sizing feature similar to Figma

The resizing is very intuitive in figma
    where I could just press alt+drag to increase/decrease values

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cmd + Z to deselect in multiselect situations

When selecting multiple objects, it could be helpful for cmd + Z to deselect one by one, instead of undoing the last thing you changed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Assign close by off-artboard elements to a specific artboard

Over and over again, especially when I'm using Auto-Animate to mimic a modal view, when I have the above layer "slide" outside the artboard, it then suddenly becomes attached to a near adjacent artboard. It's EXTREMELY annoying.

Maybe there needs to be a built in "margin" outside an artboard, that keeps slightly outside elements still as part of it? Or, a way to manually assign an off-artboard element to a specific artboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Dual window mode to be able to see 100% preview

In PS it is possible to create another window for the same document.
    It is very convenient when you're designing icons.

You can work in the first window having like 500% zoom, and preview the result in the second window having 100% zoom at the same time.
    (see the attached image for details)

Adobe XD totally needs such feature!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Paste Appearance by dragging and holding element over frame

Additionally to right clicking and selecting paste appearance to drop an image into a frame, it would be awesome if you could drag an image onto a frame and hold it there a second and it will ghost paste it to show what it would look like, then let go and it pastes appearance onto that frame. I find this to be a very intuitive way to paste appearance!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Same font, different name parsing on Mac and Windows

Download Roboto and Roboto Condensed from Google Fonts (This form doesn't allow me to add ttf files or a zip) and open the XD file attached (saved on Windows) on Mac. The condensed font variant is not found. When you replace the links and save, they will not be found on Windows.

The two systems work differently for font variants. Windows lumps variants under one name, Mac keeps them separate. We need XD to understand these differences and look for both versions.

Here is a discussion where I already described it: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10986982

Thanks for looking into it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello:

Thanks for sharing your feedback. The behavior you’re seeing is due to WinOS font adjustments. XD looks to the Windows system for the fonts list, then the list is adjusted based on WinOS rules.

Here’s a white paper describing in technical detail, (see sections “Extract terms for style” / “Extract terms for stretch”) https://msdnshared.blob.core.windows.net/media/MSDNBlogsFS/prod.evol.blogs.msdn.com/CommunityServer.Components.PostAttachments/00/02/24/90/36/WPF%20Font%20Selection%20Model.pdf

The team is looking at ways to improve this. But for now, this is as expected.

Hope this helps!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

16. increase the number of active shared prototypes and design specs for free users

I understand why the limit exists and I'm ok with the presence of a limit in the active shared prototypes and design specs.
    Given that nowadays almost every develop platforms have quite large free tiers (Azure DevOps, GitHub, TeamCity, AWS, GitLab, and others), the limit of one active project don't fit very well with the free tiers of those dev tools.

I think that a bigger limit could be really really appreciated from hobbyists, freelances and small startup (which are the users of those free tiers) who can do the upgrade to a paid plan when their business permit it. …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Limit Speech Playback Recurrence

Add a way to limit recurrence of speech playbacks so that the user can reuse an artboard without the speech playback repeating.

I've attached a sample file that combines a speech playback trigger with drag gestures. When you drag the map right, then left, the speech playback triggers a second time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Remove or Bypass Password Requirements when Sharing for Review

When sharing a link for review with a client, often there's not much need for a high security password, but it's still good practice to include a password, especially for client confidence. It would be helpful to be able to create a password that didn't require numbers & upper and lower case letters. Disabling the "high security" password requirement could be an opt-in option so the default would still be secure. This would allow you to create a password like "<name of your business>" that would be sufficient for this use case, and easy for the client to remember.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Drag an image into the Welcome Screen to create a custom template with that size

Instead of manually input dimensions for a custom size, it would be much easier to be able to drag'n'drop a file to the custom size icon so it automatically would adapt the size.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. sharing actual smart objects from Photoshop

Would be ace if smart objects (illustrator vectors in in a Photoshop smart layer) could transfer across ultimately as editable vectors in XD....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there,

This one should work. If you’re opening or importing a Photoshop file that has Ai smart objects, the content should be transferred as editable vectors. I think we have an exception for SVG smart objects, where we rasterize the content, but anything else should work ok.

Can you retry the import and let me know if it works?

Best,
    Dan

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base