Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Under "Share for Development", I want to mark what an asset was designed for (in my case, always xxhdpi).

1) Determine on a by asset basis if this is for Android or iOS, instead of the entire project to be either iOS/Android/Web.

2) When the developer selects to export the asset, I cannot specify for them what the asset was "designed at", but I can if I export it myself from my XD project.

I design everything so it natively fits on the devices it will be demoed on, which is often xxhdpi. I also prefer how that displays on…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Drawing a box around multiple art boards should allow the user to quickly link and un-link the screens together.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I created an artboard of 1920 width. but when i preview it shows a black background. Same goes for when I share it in web. But instead there is white background.
    It will be great to eliminate the background. Because it is impacting design decisions. also clients dont understand the concept & ask for recreation.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Animated Zoom (cmd or ctrl + click + left/right panning) needs to be implemented - like in Illustrator.

I am insanely annoyed that this feature is not implemented, zooming in & out is a function that is used thousands of times a day.

Lightroom has one set of zoom functions.
    Photoshop has one set of zoom functions.
    XD has one set of zoom functions.

Some overlap, some don't.

This is stupid.

Please implement features that demonstrate consistency among your suite of apps.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I have had a need to present a design and be in control. Our client can't use software for screen sharing and being able to show them a prototype and direct the exploration would be extremely beneficial. I remember seeing a feature like this somewhere but I am not remembering where.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When I share a link of a prototype and have the option "Show Hotspot Hints" enabled, it shows clickable areas. It would be great if there could also be an option to display information on available Key & Gamepad triggers.

Building out a prototype that is interactive currently has it's short comings but it's great to see Adobe listening to XD users and expanding the prototyping capabilities. Because there currently isn't a way to show On-Hover type of interactions, I have to fake it by creating a keyboard trigger that I press at the same moment I move my mouse…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Similar to how Sketch does it: when I mark something for export, give me a way to put the export settings at that level so it REMEMBERS and I don't have to pick which file type and compression percentage EVERY TIME.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I have vectors in my CC library for various logos and symbols. I originally started my projected in Photoshop. When I imported my PSD into XD, all the vectors were converted to low resolution PNGs with no dynamic links to the CC library.
    If this program is truly meant to fit the ecosystem, it needs to preserve those CC Library links across every platform, including communications between Photoshop, Illustrator and XD.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We'd like the ability to create a JIRA issue directly from an annotation point in XD so that the prototype/design is linked to its implementation work in JIRA.

My workaround right now is to call out the numeric annotations within the description of a specific JIRA issue but I think this could be improved by a link between the two.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow prototyping wires to connect to artboards in different documents. The web prototype would let users navigate seamlessly between pages that are sourced from multiple documents.

When the designs for an interface are too massive to live in a single document, we break them up so each section is in its own document (ex: a product with ~150 various screens). However, all the docs are still part of a single product, and need to be wired together for a cohesive prototype.

I'd like an option in prototyping mode to connect a wire to another document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When making an app specific xd repo from the master brand repo, i should be able to import all assets through the specific xd repo into my new prototype.

Now i can only link assets from doc 1 in doc 2, for flexibility towards design systems in complicated structures i would like to link from doc 1 into doc 2 via doc 3.

Eg:

doc 1 (main brand)
    - brand
    - typography
    - iconography
    - ui main brand (atomic)

doc 2 (subbrand collection):
    - ui sub brand (atomic)
    - doc 1

doc 3 (prototype sub brand)
    - doc 2

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Creating .ZIP files with FileSystem

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  13. Replacing Elements. It would be ideal if you could click on any element, graphic or text and right click to get the option replace that element with another graphic etc, rather than only having the option to delete it and then cut and paste and resize and reposition a new graphic element. It would also be nice if we could add sound and video as well.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When exporting to After effects the xd pages are split into layers in After Effects but the grouping seems to be lossed. This has meant that it is difficult to find the correct layers and groups. It would be ideal if groups in XD were changed into compositions in after effects with the layers for each group held within.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. As a designer, Boolean operations are a must have. I can't create nice clean curves/shapes for icons without the full boolean operations.

So at this moment, Adobe XD have the four basic Boolean Operation and this is not enough to produce complex shapes in some cases.

We need all the boolean operations to be included in addition to the included ones, see the attachment please so you can understand what I mean.

Thank you!

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Web review URLs for active overlays. For example, you have a screen with an overlay of an dialog box and wanted to link directly to it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When selecting multiple elements, show the number of select groups, and/or elements that are selected.

This helps when dealing with too much content, and you really need to know how much elements you have, so you can align them correctly or space them around with the right spacing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I frequently (at least once/day) hit CMD-V when I'm reaching for CMD-B while editing text. If I have an object on my clipboard, XD inserts the raw SVG code into my text area. (OK, Maybe using my left hand for B is bad typing form, but I'm old and it's never going to change)

This is especially annoying if the clipboard contents are large, as my system grinds to a halt for several seconds, preventing a quick CMD-Z.

I can't think of a scenario when this behavior would be desirable. I get the value of copying SVG, but the paste…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  19. On Windows 10, tested on Win 10 v1803, Adobe XD 14 (but also in previous versions), the size of the window resets to a certain size (coming from the "start/splash screen"). The size annoyingly also resets whenever an existing file gets opened. However, this size means that, e.g., the plugins submenu in the hamburger icon gets below the fold, which is annoying to me as a user and as a plugin developer regularly accessing this menu.

Since all other Windows applications I know remember their window size, I'm filing this as a bug (if it's intentional, please see this as…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'd like to be able to prototype a functional slider. I can currently achieve this effect my duplicating the entire artboard and switching out the slide content, but the load time when clicking through the slider is incredibly slow, and can be off-putting to clients. Also, utilizing this method means that if the design is altered even minutely, I have to delete all the duplicated artboards, then duplicate the main artboard again, replace the slide contents, and prototype it all again as well. It can be incredibly time consuming. I've attached a screenshot of a recent one-page website that had…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)