Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. We should be able to see Design specs in inches as well. Some Enterprise development tools (BI TOOLS) only support Inches as the measurement value.
    So we are able to design, review and prototype but can't share design specs, that's still a manual process.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. My prototype-links where published at d.adobe.com/view/xyz. To have an overview over my past prototypes and delete them (or give new authorizations to specific persons etc.!) I have to go to assets.adobe.com/links. Why? To give assets.adobe.com/links more features in the future (generate folders etc.) it could be smart to unite these both sites?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hi there,

I usually use hsl color in CSS.
    Thanks to awesome Design Spec, It's piece of cake to get the hsl value.

But the problem is the way to reflect the changes to XD files.

Let me tell you a story.

A designer publish Design Spec, which use RGB(240, 156, 30) as their site's brand color.
    Then, a coder get the color as hsla(36, 87%, 52%, 1) and make a mockup.
    Then, members review it and the product owner say,

"The brand color seems less attractive than I expected..."

Awful, why he didn't point out it before, at least…

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like Adobe XD to have proper support for the new iPad Pros that was released this year.

In particular, I would like the presentations to ignore the safe areas. That helps me ensure that the UI elements I design near the bottom do not interfere with the home affordance. Maybe the right idea to convey is "full screen".

This might need to be a setting of some sort, however, because I could also be trying to demo a version on older iPad Pros, in which case the current presentation, which is inset, scaled down a little, but avoids…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please add a setting to control whether or not the comments/pins are showing on first load of the page. I would like my clients to be able to see the design and get an accurate first impression, without seeing the pins cluttering it. I would rather give them a real first impression than have their first action be to hit the comments button to hide the pins. I'm asking for a setting to control it because I see that others have found value in having the comments show by default. I chatted with a member of your support team and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Some way to know the original resolution of a bitmap image after it has been imported and/or resized, so you can make an educated decision when creating assets.

It’s impossible to know the resolution if you have been handed a file from someone else on your team

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. With the artboard selected, hit CMD + R (or similar) to be able to rename the artboard, without needing to double click into the title.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When aligning objects that are nested deep in a complex component it isn't always that easy to right click on the right object from the first time on.

As an advanced user i would like to select align to pixel grid in the layers panel by right clicking the selected layer and navigating to 'align to pixel grid'.

Limitations of items in this specific context menu is a concern, i would make a group "design options" and add the suggested 'align to pixel grid' option together with the 'add colour to assets" option to it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Freeform Gradient is my illustrator cc 2019 favorite new feature (and I think I speak for many designers) and it has a lot a of use in interfaces . Please add it to Adobe XD!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I have a group of shapes that makes up an icon. When I resize them with the mouse, or Shift+Mouse to keep the scale, it works fine. When I use the right-hand panel Width / Height inputs, the sub-shapes seem to move, but not resize. Or, if I change it quickly, some really strange stuff happens.

Version 13.1.32.8 - Windows 10

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Smart symbols or symbols with states are discussed elsewhere. But, a super-easy way to implement this would be to simply make "show/hide" layer a symbol property that can be overridden. For example, a button's off state and its hover state could be stacked and either could be hidden in any placed instance.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I've had to copy and paste text from Figma into XD and it would be really great if that text could then become editable in XD. Adobe Acrobat is able to auto-detect and convert text even in lowres PDFs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  15. When outlined XD makes text single color disregarding other colors applied within one piece of text - it should preserve all the colors used.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The transition animation of shapes from one screen to the other are not supported when they are symbols.

The animation is smooth if the items are grouped but if these are symbols the animation seems to break.

In the example the bottom nav bar is a symbol in one and a grouped element in the other

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Currently we can only choose Link Assets from Adobe Creative Cloud. It would be very useful to connect to other cloud services such as DropBox and OneDrive.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be nice to have a settings panel where I could choose whether 'Send to Back' sent objects to the very back or just to the most recent locked layer. Still, I almost always find myself creating large background images that I want to lock in place, and then sending objects behind them, and then having to pull them back forward by one.

Maybe I'm the only one who does this, or maybe it's not a very realistic request. Still, thought I'd put it into the ether just in case.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I suggest adding an interactive tool in the prototype area so that you could click a box and set it to ‘tap’ and ‘textbox’ so when your using whatever it is you’ve made you can click the box and type something in. It could be anything though and not just a command word that you have decided on. You could add the same function for voice activated objects. This would then create new input and perhaps change graphs or numbers you have put in. It could be like Instagram where you have the option to access photos from your personal…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When we share a design made for iOS to developers, it could be great to have the option to select the appropriate color as NSColor and UIColor as well as Hex RGB etc :) It will be more convenient for developers to have access to UIColor/NSColor right from their dev design specs ;)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)