Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. If I'm using the find/search feature to find an artboard, or to find some text on an artboard, it would be great if the search results allowed me to go straight to that found item and also to locate the artboard on the pasteboard. It's a partcilar issue when I have files with a large number of artboards.

Currently, I get the search results, and whilst I can click and edit the properties of found items in the results, locating the item or even the artboard on which it is contained can be tricky. Some sort of 'Go to' context…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. See live on the mobile app, the changes made on the desktop application. NEVER reload the page again!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Currently Cloud Documents when selected only have a Delete option. I believe the document should have more options. Use the three dots menu and add the options to Share and Download next to the existing Delete button.

These options should be available when the cloud documents are accessed online as well.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When working and scaling images in XD, I would like to see the native resolution somewhere - and maybe even a button to quickly revert to the original size. This would help a a lot to see if the size of an image is sufficient to be exported at @2x etc. I attached a scribble.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to set stylings of shapes and elements with a "style" similar to the graphics styles in AI.

Ideally it would function like the text styles
    It would include all the controls of the XD appearance panel.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. As many designers will compare AdobeXD features with Sketch, and many Sketch Library use RSS feed to keep update their own librairies with users. I think it's a mandatory for BIG adoption by designers and companies to support RSS feeds like Sketch do.

Take a look :

As well as hosting your Libraries on Sketch Cloud, you can also host your Library file on any online server, publish an RSS that points to it, and have Sketch subscribe to the RSS to get updates when the Library is updated. To do that, just use a link in this form: sketch://add-library?url=URLEncodedPathToRSS

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Need an option, like holding alt or ctrl adjusting the spacing in-between repeat grid individually after creating the grid. At the moment if we need different spacing inbetween the two block, it is not possible, have to ungroup the grid to achieve this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to drop a spreadsheet on a text field within a repeat grid. Dialogue would appear, allowing user to select the desired column of data.

Super useful whenever displaying lots of data. For example, when creating layouts for mobile that are based on tables in desktop versions (see attached).

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The background blur effect creates a white halo around entire artboard when you have full bleed background graphics. The effect ignores pixels that exist beyond the artboard.

TLDR: Could you give the background blur effect optional access to the pixels beyond the artboard, please?

Thanks!
    Mike

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When ungrouping a repeat grid, the grid items are ungrouped in such a way where the grid items are now reversed. I like to have my objects sorted from top to bottom to match how they appear on my artboard.

It would be great to update this behavior to sort the ungrouped items from top to bottom, or provide a setting to change the order. Maybe a checkbox/toggle next to the "Ungroup grid" button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  11. Love the new overlays feature! As an extended feature it would be great if you could choose what should happen to the background when the overlay appears. For example being able to dim the background by choosing a color and opacity.

This would help with darkening the background for modals etc.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. OpenType-SVG fonts are already supported in Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign and it would be great to have them in XD as well!

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Clicking and dragging to select all items in an area of an artboard (then deselecting any unwanted layers) would is so intuitive - instead of clicking and dragging only to find all you're doing is dragging around a background image.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  14. While designing and experimenting with graphics and typefaces the list of colours, symbols and character styles becomes really long. Since there's no way to sort these there are a lot of extra items in the assets panel. This creates confusion and the only way to find out is by individually checking if the asset has been used on an artboard. If there could be a way to select all unused assets and being able to delete them in one go would save a lot of time.

OLD:
    The ability to view and delete all unused colours, symbols and character styles.…

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adobe XD needs to allow users to set a custom scratch disk. XD has no preference settings and, as far as I can see, no way to change the scratch disk from the primary drive.

As such, when I am working with large XD documents, I quickly run out of drive space on my primary drive, as it's almost full.

All other Adobe applications, such as Photoshop and Illustrator, allow you to set a different scratch disk, or even multiple scratch disks, which I have a 60 gb SSD for this sole purpose.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When using a component instance in a different document, changes to the linked color asset (in the new document) should update the instances.

There seems to be no reason for the current behavior. I work with multiple products with the same base UI differed mostly by color.

It actually looks more like a bug, but this ticket says otherwse: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/38063995-linked-components-not-reacting-to-edit-fill-color

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add an image perspective/warp image effect tool.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can you give "save as" the ability to save "as a template" so that you can't overwrite an existing document. Indesign has this, and is very useful for protecting original documents that must never be changed.
    ie. You open a template doc, and the only option you have when you save is "save as", therefore keeping the original intact.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. Design Systems: Documentation syncs between design system and projects. an online resource where all design related documentation is stored, Colors, Typography, Assets, UI Patterns and more.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)