Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. When user selects "reveal components in assets", the panel should filter to those components only within the assets panel.

As it works now, it highlights all of the components in the asset panel without filtering the other components, and if you have many components, it makes it very difficult to find.

I realize the components are highlighted in blue, but when the mouse cursors over the components, they're highlighted with a gray/black stroke, making it very very frustrating to find the component you're looking for.

By filtering only to the component(s) selected, it would be far easier to find.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  2. When working on large projects it becomes hard to drag prototype links when you have 80 plus pages.

It would be great to be able to link from one xd item to another in a separate prototype file. So you can break large files into usable chunks. maybe have tabs within the artboard.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Page scrolling doesn't currently work during auto-animation playback. Scrollable pages should allow user to scroll while animation is in play.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hide Blue Selection Layer Highlight (with a keyboard shortcut i.e. #H)

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We need to be able to output design specs to PDF - not all of our clients can access the design specs URLs due to security constraints on their networks so being able to email static PDF design specs is essential to what we do.

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I have realized that when working on different devices using Adobe XD, the option it gives us to preview our designs is a bit inefficient. This is considered to be to the "desktop preview" We do not present the measures as in theory should be seen since when designing on different screen sizes like a mac and then continue on a different laptop or computer either to analyzing the design or correcting errors shows a drastic change. My suggestion is that they can implement a pre-visualization option in the browser like the one that Adobe Dreamweaver gives us, this facilitates…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  7. I'm regularly sending review links to non-designers/older clients and I don't want to confuse them.

I'd like to have the option to set "All Screen Comments" off by default.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. My team and I created a shared CC library and I added couple colors on it. I want to be able to reorder the elements so it will be more organized.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  9. Please rename the "Dissolve" transition to "Fade". Dissolve is a terrible blending mode in Photoshop and it took me weeks to realize that "dissolve" really just means "fade" in XD. "Fade" would be far more intuitive for users, more accurately describe what the transition is, and set the right expectation prior to clicking.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It is useful to edit strings collectively, for example if you focus on a board, make a panel, where all strings are listed leading to the focused board.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. First of all thanks for the latests updates in November – they are great ?

My team often struggles to find the needed character style in the assets panel. In the 'List View' you can give the fonts certain names; eg: H2 Titles 50/60 px.
    image: List View

When we switch to the 'Grid View' (which portrays the components larger and thus more useful in that case), then the given name unfortunately disappears and only the font names are visible, which we can do very little with.
    image: Grid View

It would be great to get this issue improved in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a button or some way to allow the commenter or Owner to mark comments as "Important". This would visually change the comment itself as well as the pin, if it's pinned. The button or status could also be clicked again/removed to allow the comment to go back to normal status and not Important.

Attached is a quick example of what could be done, to allow the eyes to quickly see what's been marked priority over other comments.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Collaborative work: Updating 'share link' of an .xd file not possible on another machine

System: macOS Sierra 10.12.6
    XD-Version: 0.8.22.17 Beta

We are working with different people on the same .xd file. Updating the prototype link is only possible on the machine with wich the .xd file was created. The other people can only create new links.

1. Create an .xd file
    2. Publish prototype
    3. Save the .xd file
    4. Open the same .xd file on another machine
    5. Updating the published prototype link not possible (only creation of new link)
    1,540 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like to link multiple objects (across multiple artboards) to the same artboard simultaneously.

In my attached screen shot you can see that both "home" buttons are selected on the two different artboards but the "destination" dropdown is disabled in the prototype sidebar.

It would be nice if this destination field was usable even when objects (single or multiple) aren't already linked to something.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We need to have version control for prototypes so when developers are reviewing the prototype, they can look back at a previously shared versions of the prototype.

154 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like a preference or checkbox or some way to disable the welcome screen (that intro screen that pops up after closing a project with the headline "Design. Prototype. Share."

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I have 2 files, lets say A file and B file. in A file I have a big component (like header) and I want to use a small component (button) created in the B file in this bigger component present in the A file. I use the big component in both files. Now it works like that: I have to go the file A and insert a copy of the small component into the big one. The problem is when I update the small component master - it turns out that the update will not be made in the bigger…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to be able to reveal the color in the assets panel, even if the assets panel is not open. If I have the layers panel open the option is currently not in the context menu. It would be great if it was an option regardless of what panel is open and if clicked it would automatically open the appropriate assets
    panel.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Iconfont is the most popular icon website in china, and Axhub is a plugin that support for axure, which can copy the icon from the website and paste it in axure. It can be used for XD too, but the size of icon which pasted is too large. We have to change its size every times.
    Hope someone can do something like this plugin, what's more, it's really easy to use!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  20. I would like to have all the fonts and colors to be recognized in all my documents, not only the source document.

I have a source document with all my colours and character styles, which is linked to my current working document. I also copied a few elements and pages from the source document, in order to edit those for a new part of the design. Which means that all the elements and fonts should be correctly linked together, but when I right click on the font in the document, it does not recognize that that font already exist in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)