Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. If I export to zeplin XD exports ALL artboards. But I just like to export few selected artboards (and not my alternative designs). Please implement an option to select: ALL | Just selected artboards to export to zeplin.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. My Idea: A Mirror Plugin
    You could select up to 2 shapes or more, and an option to mirror would appear as a circle beside the shape. You could drag this circle up or down, and it would mirror the shape(s) around. When you let go, it would create those shapes.

This plugin would be useful to me because it would be easy to make circles with shapes built-in to them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  3. Is there a categories for Plugins? This would help organize the plugins and allow for searching within the plugin category.

Note: as of XD 24 you can browse plugins within a category or search across all categories -- but you can't yet filter by category and search by text keyword simultaneously.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of XD’s November 2019 release (XD 24), plugins are organized into several categories — as well as in some cases various editor-curated collections.

There’s not yet any way to search within a single category though, so I will adjust the title of this feature request to more clearly cover than remaining missing piece.

4. When I share my access rights on a prototype and I select the option, invited persons only and users have sharing rights. I no longer have to accept and receive requests to view the prototype from invited users, I can accept or refuse those from people who have received a share link from my guests.

Thank you in advance!

Have a nice day and take care of yourself :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. In Prototype Playback mode: when recording a prototype for export to movie file, sometimes we need to export these for HD presentations. Please offer the option to export or record the video at 2x, 3x, 4x or more times resolution. This is especially important with iPhone and iWatch recordings. With all the new tweeting animation features exporting for video to be edited into presentations is getting to be much more important!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I have two XD files. One is for Symbols and one is for Exploration with linked assets to the Symbol file. Recently I cleaned up my Symbol file and renamed it with a new version number. Today I realized that my links are going back to the old file Symbol file (which makes sense logically) but is not what I want.

Not sure what I want here but few suggestions:
    - clearer overview where the linked files are coming from
    - possibility to relink
    - when saving a copy of a file, perhaps ask what to do

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I make heavy use of the ability to copy an artboard as a raster image, so I can quickly paste images into other apps (Teams, Confluence, Target Process, etc.).

I design at 1x, but I'd really love it if the artboards were copied at 2x so I can preserve full fidelity when viewing the pasted images on retina screens.

Any chance there could be an option to copy at 1x or 2x?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  8. In Figma, I was using this plugin called Tumble in which with one click of a mouse, everything that is selected will fall in the artboard. I was wondering if someone would make a plugin for that for Adobe XD. Glad that will help. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be nice if I could hold the alt / option key and click on a colour in the asset panel, to apply it to the border of a selected shape, instead of having to right-click and then select "Apply to border"

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. For Jira Server plugin, setup the configuration to prevent new projects from being added to the Adobe XD group.

because only a small section of users in our system will find the plugin useful we do not want new projects to have the Adobe plugin enabled by default. This is because of how the XD plugin is displayed in the middle of the Jira issue, which is more intrusive to users who do not want to use the plugin.

If not possible is it possible to have the XD plugin show on the side bar and display in middle if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Every single time I make a box or something it adds a border stroke by default. This is so annoying as I don't want a border stroke like 90% of the times. Is this a bug or something? I'm so tired of removing that border stroke!! Please Adobe, make this nightmare go away. If you insist on forcing this upon us as default then at least make a "remember this choice" checkbox or something.

260 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please give option to download zip file of all assets. Now developer have to download it one by one so it takes too much time.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be nice to have our own icon library from Fontello icons

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  14. In Figma I can set margins and gutters and then let the columns stretch over whatever the remaining amount of pixels is. Super easy to work with. Would be a great feature to add to XD :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'm surprised this isn't a feature already, but marquee-select (click and drag) to select multiple layers regardless of what group they are in. At present doing so will select standalone layers and whole groups, meaning I need to de-group first to then do what I want, or leave grouping until the last possible moment in a design.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I like the new feature for components, which able us to give different states for a component. However, I think a thing is missing.

In the design system I'm making for my company, we agreed with the developers about a naming system for icons and illustrations, for example : iceyebluenobg.
    But with this new feature, if a give a state to my "eye" icon, like red instead of blue on hover, I give the right name to the state, but the name of my component will be always the default state (ic
    eyebluenobg instead of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please make the interactions on 2nd component, inside 1st component with active interaction - work!. Inception-thing-trying-to-describe-haha

They work for a few minutes, but deactivates later.

It is basicly a button inside a button. Please make it work.

I can go around the issue by adding more new canvas such a "load-in", but this will take up entire artboard - and this is not infinite (..new idea! ;)..)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be great if we could import UI made in XD into Aero, since more complicated AR interfaces may require this feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Repeat grid - Overflow option/skips last item/Max number of items.

When working on complex responsive layouts, certain repeat grids will cut off the final image on certain resolutions, avoid this with smart overflow. Simple overflow checkbox would be welcome as well, just like a max number of items.

This would make a significant difference concerning presenation to stakeholders and maintaining an atomic solution.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Maybe, developers can develop a plugin to generating thumbnails. So, it's generating random images from specified resources.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)