Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. When I use radius 0 10 10 10 for example, I wish to have option to lock the corners separately, so when I use handle to adjust the locked one doesn't change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I'm trying to figure out how to enable XD to support Apple Time Machine (versioning) so I can roll back some changes to a prior version of an XD file. Since I don't see a clear way to enable that, and it doesn't appear to be enabled by default, my guess it that it will need to be a feature request.

Automated versioning is built into MacOS, supporting it in XD would be a time saver for users. Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. make a paypal plugin, would be nice to have an editable one you can add in xd

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  4. Similar to specctr sometime you need a hardcore redlines for some developers. https://specctr.com/cloud/home

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please add the flow view also in the 'Share for review' link.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be great to have an option in assets panel to only show components that being used on current artboard.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Having the ability to use a mask with opacity is pretty basic. This feature has been in Illustrator since the beginning... Photoshop (of course with alpha masks) - it's in Sketch (mask mode > alpha)... pretty much all the apps... but not in XD? Why? Very strange.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. ◆ Overview
    The following causes not behaving as expected when it's placed horizontally.

◆ Actual
    Width is automatically adjusted based on either highest or widest element within a state once one of the elements in Hover State is edited.

◆ Expected
    Optional setting to set a fixed height and/or width of triggering element for hover state.

◆ Why is this valuable to you?
    Though if I prepare Master Component with finalized contents each time, it is feasible with current version; however, if this option would be added, it'd be helpful to reduce a prep time for prototype.

◆ Reference
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/62a73241-5d41-4051-4c2f-ece3a50bda6d-1496/

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. If I want to Auto-animate from the bottom of a scrollable artboard to a smaller one, the scaling of the artboard doesn't animate. If it could, it would be a useful feature in prototyping multi-step flows with views of varying height.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Since iOS filenaming convention doesn't allow "_" and Android Asset naming convention doesn't all "-" can the asset names be renamed internally when we choose either iOS or Android Platform?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enterprise IBM Application now supports Google Polymer 1 & 3 design patterns and it would be great to connect Adobe XD to the application - currently done through text editor, jar files.. etc.

I'd love to work with your guys if anyone is interested in building a plugin.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be nice to be able to see a preview on the sidebar of the element that you clicked from the main artboard. That would make it just quicker for devs to download what they need, especially when clicking on layers that are buried beneath other layers. I know you can right click and select the layer you need, but sometimes layers aren't named properly, and it'll just be a great quality of life improvement to be able to preview what you are clicking on the main artboard. Most design spec platforms already have this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I created a prototype link from a file that was later deleted. The link was shared with a client, and I have been asked to update the link. Because the file no longer exists, I cannot update the link. It would be nice to be able choose an already existing link in my assets when I'm working from a new file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Request:

Make it possible to input a custom domain that will be used for generating both share links and design specs.

A current link example: https://xd.adobe.com/view/[random generated string of characters]

A preferred URL: https://companyname.com/clientname/comp

But I could live with: https://companyname.com/[random string of generated characters]

Value:

I work at an agency. We have historically created comps to share with clients by exporting designs as an image and manually building an HTML page on our development server.

Moving to XD has been great for our development group, but account managers don't like sending clients an Adobe link to review a comp, despite…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'd like to be able to select multiple layers and hide or show them with one click.

Currently I have to click on hide/show on each individual layer, wasting unnecessary time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be really useful, if reviewers could klick on a textfield and add the Text they want on the textfield.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In order to work quickly and efficiently, I want to be able to insert components via keyboard shortcut.

This is made possible in Sketch thanks to its Runner plugin: https://sketchrunner.com.

You can see it in action in this quick video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXXVQlfOpo4

How it works:

1. Use the keyboard shortcut Command-' to pull up the Runner menu.
    2. Type "insert [name of component]" to filter the components library.
    3. Hit Enter to paste the component onto the artboard.

All without needing to navigate and click with the mouse!

Having something similar to to this XD would be a considerable improvement to my workflow.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It should be possible to open tools and properties in separat panels like in every other Adobe Software ...

So you can - for example - look at layers and components at the same time, having the font properties always open, having a different panel for pathfinder options etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hide Artboard Border/Outline. Like photoshop have the option to hide the outline of artboards.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When you have a layer within a group selected, then collapse the group and hide it, the group expands again.

I understand the thought behind this would be to always show the selected layer in an expanded hierarchy, but during my workflow it seems very counter-intuitive and different from the way I have been accustomed to expect adobe products to behave.

I would like to see this changed so when I have a layer selected within a group and I collapse the group and then hide it, the group stays collapsed with the group becoming the main selection instead of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)