Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. What's really nice in pages and Mac, is the pressure senstive trackpad.

In pages, you can press deeper (force click) than a standard click:
    - on a group, to quickly open the group and automatically select the object in the group. (or in other words, skip the double-double-click to get into the group to select the item in the group)
    - on an image, to instantly crop it

It would be great if this was implemented into Adobe XD as I find myself clicking about 7 times to edit something within a group.

Another nice touch that would be nice…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Another user has requested this for the mouse/touch down. This would also be beneficial for keys & gamepad triggers.

I am using this software to prototype game interactions. An example of this input being used is a transition to an overlay radial menu for selections to be made. The radial menu would disappear if the key/button is released.

Having this request fulfilled would be welcome.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Since CMD+Shift+Click i'm able to select multiple object across different groups, but what if my group is also a component, then i'm only able to select with CMD+Click, but CMD+Shift+Click does'nt work if I want to select objects across differrent components

in the example I try to select a text field within the group. This only works for groups with CMD + Shift + Click, but if I do the same and I make a component of the group, it will select all components instead of just the textfields.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. We need a possibility to embed prototypes and design specs into Confluence (Server version, not Cloud) since we use confluence to manage large ui and software projects. Confluence therefor is the central place to organise user stories, screen designs, prototpyes etc.

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The huge header and footer (ESPECIALLY THE FOOTER) on the bottom of the display area of a shared Development (export for Web) mockup is ridiculous. PLEASE reduce it significantly!

WHY is are the header and footer so huge? We're not trying to show-off Adobe XD. The Software Engineers I work with could care less about Adobe XD! They want to see a spec'd mockup that they can use. I'm trying to show-off a mockup and most of the screen is taken up by useless, space-hogging Adobe XD stuff.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add an option to edit the border of text in a character style.

Currently, if you create a new character style where the text has no fill but has a border, you can't go back into that same character style to edit the border properties.

And when you try to apply the character style to new text, it has the border but also adds a fill.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Not sure why Xd has completely erased the option to view and open cloud documents by 'Date Created'?

The filter function has changed to "Date Modified' which is pretty redundant as the 'Home' tab has a selection of recent files that have been worked on for quick access.

I have 100's of cloud documents and was tracking the progress/development of projects and design experiments by quickly scanning the file list from the creation dates.

Now when you even open a cloud document (without even making any changes) it automatically moves to the top of the list.

Is anyone else annoyed…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  8. It would be useful to be able to quickly apply a rainbow gradient pattern to a selected shape, rather than manually assigning it each time. Perhaps a keystroke to apply it too?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  9. Sometime is will be useful for participants to acknowledge a comment. It would be nice to add the ability to add a Like to the comments.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A plugin that would put your designs into Hubspot (and still be editable by content creators) without having to do coding.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  11. I often design without selecting my colors from the color assets or forget to use a font from the Asset panel. After some time and a lot of artboards I have no overview anymore where I have to adjust this. It would be good to have a way to highlight all styles (colors, fonts) that are not currently added to the asset panel, so I can easily select these elements and change them accordingly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want to use the embed mode to include the iframe of specs to our workflow toolchain combined with other specs / texts.
    but unfortunately the embed code only works for design and testing.
    why not enable embed including developer tools / specs also?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I always have to copy the link of the specific screen that has been updated and send it to the developer......i was wondering if there was a way to let developers know which screens have been updated and also which element was updated...removed...deleted...or something of the sort

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hi!

I have faced many a times that when i share adobe cloud link for development purpose with the developers, for the first time they face really hard time to figure out how to see those assets or coding section.

Could that development section selection (small </> button in the corner of the screen) be made more intuitive or by default option for the development link. Or maybe feature discovery could work??

It can really enhance the experience for the web view users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Would be great if we had a hover out trigger, so that will be activated when we leave the element.

That would make so more realistic to handle state changes, especially whem we have many states in our component.

Thanks good people, have a great day!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When we click share and come back to Design mode, if we have a process circle like this we can see how long it done and avaiable to share.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The current Layers panel in XD is a visual representation of the Stacking order and it's convenient to reorder, hide, mark for export… items.

But I'm really missing the Layers specific features like hiding a complete selection of ungrouped items, high level hierarchy, non-printing/exporting option (here non-exported).

To precise a key think I'm really missing from Layers panels — we can find in other vector based software like Illustrator or Photoshop — is not having to reorder any time my structure because any new items or paste will bring the content at the top of the stack. (…) In Illustrator,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I share a lot of links out to various stakeholders and PO's (providing comments), and developers (using the inspect features). With a big product, I break out my shared links and projects based on features so there are not hundreds of screens to sift through. Right now we have to manually keep track of which shared link is what. It would be nice if there was a project dashboard that would show all the shared links.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We can already mark for export, but it would be very helpful if we could have a do not export option for components.

For example, I work on a lot of web banner ads and our prototypes in XD need to have the Google ads icon displayed on all banner ads. I've converted this icon into a component.

Before I hand the approved ads to our developer, I change the opacity of the master icon component to 0 and then export the artwork.

I wish we could select the component in the Components panel, right click on it and choose…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A separate list above the existing list in the plugins panel (as "Favorites") for an easier access for users with huge lists of plugins.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)