Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy wires even when in Design Mode

After I define a master navigation on the objects that are positioned outside the artboards and have it linked to different pages.

I went back to Design Mode and copied the objects to their x and y positioning. But when I go to Prototype Mode after that, I found the wire interaction has disappeared.

The wire interaction only stays when I copy and paste in prototype mode, but not in design mode..

6 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m moving this over to the Feature Request section of the database, as it’s an enhancement request on the way we’ve designed the copy and paste functionality.

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Export Illustrator file

A client is requesting to have assets in Illustrator format. Basically, I want to be able to export from XD as an Illustrator file with the options to save images as linked or embedded. This is similar to the SVG export option, except that SVG I think has a file size limit of about 15 MB. When I export as an SVG at a large size, XD fails. Exporting as Illustrator with supported text boxes (not breaking them into individual text lines and not outlining the text either. Just easy and editable from XD to Illustrator. XD export as SVG…

13 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

I would like to understand more about the limitation of the export as SVG as i am not aware of any limit. Are you talking about a limit in the application that consumes the SVG, like a browser or Illustrator?

In general, if you choose to export with embedded images, the size of SVG will become large and it will be hard to process it in other application.

Cheers,
        M.

• Incorrect centering

The attached screen shot shows, mid-click, the centering numbers the program provides. However, the numbers above and below (and left and right of) the image don't match, meaning that it's not centered. I'll admit, I'm extremely zoomed it, but if I can center it by changing the decimal values on the left, I should be able to snap it to the centered grid.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Larger and more contrast in the interface text and icons

I'm visually impaired and have a hard time seeing Xd's user interface. Gray icons and text on gray background are very hard to see. UI elements are also small. There should be an option to choose an UI with higher contrast and larger text/icons.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Paste text file into repeat grid

As you provide importing text from txt file, it would be much more convenient to paste plain text from clipboard - enabling other sources. Usually on moqups you would use 3-6 titles, making those one by one is as long a process as opening textEdit, saving as plain text, drag&droping... It would be much more conveniente to copy a portion of text and it would be propagated based on enters (of course as long as the source text was plain text)

Even more convenient would be to copy text cells from spreadsheets, parsing them should not be a problem and…

14 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Display number of assets in a file

It would be great to know the total number of artworks in our project.
              Exemple in picture attached

3 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Swap the position of 2 selected elements or artboards

Have a simple utility keyboard shortcut or icon in the alignment panel for swapping places of two selected elements. Simply interchange X and Y between the 2 selected objects. It'd be useful when selecting 2 art boards as well.

5 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Move the symbols and layers icon somewhere else

Could it be possible to rework the placement of the Symbols & Layers toggle buttons ? They are not where i expect them to be. I'm forced to learn shortcut to switch.

I don't have the solution but you could maybe moving them on top on the screen.

3 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Find & Replace to confirm other overrides when "Update All Symbols"

As a designer in design mode, when applying "Update All Symbols," I wish to keep some update-overrides. But they can be hard to find. A find-and-replace feature, like in modern spell checkers, would help me to find and confirm, or skip, some of my other symbol overrides.

3 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ability to define a team and assign individual role-based permissions on a project

Super-admins (enterprise level) should be able to:
                      -View, edit, delete, create teams
                      -View, edit, delete, add team members + owners
                      -Assign/ remove teams to/ from projects

Team Admins (manager level) should be able to:
                      -Add members to a team
                      -Remove members from a team
                      -Edit role-based access permissions for each member of the team related to project access (Team admin, Collaborator, Reviewer, Approver)

Teams are associated with:
                      -Projects (specs, style guides, prototypes)
                      -Asset libraries & UI kits

This is related to the following feature requests (that I could discover)
                      :
                      https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/16963429-user-permissions-for-collaboration

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13061826-collaboration-on-same-document-real-time-or-check

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12930321-creative-cloud-library-support-share-symbols-asse

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12935340-shared-style-guide-within-members-of-a-team-objec

9 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • file preview thumbnails in Bridge

Can we please get a preview of .xd files in Bridge? Right now it's just the XD logo.

3 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Allow arrow cursor in Desktop Preview, not just "finger" circle

Right now, when you enter Desktop Preview, the cursor is the typical white circle that is supposed to represent a finger. This is great when your project is a mobile app or website. But your project is a desktop app or website, it begs to have a normal black arrow for a cursor--and the Mickey Mouse gloved hand when hovering over clickable things--for recording videos and even just testing it out on your own. It's cumbersome and distracting to have a giant circle cursor for desktop experiences.

When you create a new project, XD already asks what type of project…

3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Align on selection (one click) and align on workspace (double click)

It would be great to include (for the first time in the Adobe products) this feature with the align tools:
                            - one click -> align on the selection
                            - doucle click -> align on the workspace
                            So that, there's no need to have a droplist where you have to choose on what you want to align (like in Photoshop and Illustrator).

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently, we support “align to artboard” for individual objects and groups only. I’ll leave this one open as a suggestion.

Elaine

• Add a bit of snapping lag when moving objects with a tablet pen

I've been using XD with a wacom tablet (Intuos 5) for several weeks and I have the same problem as with other design software: the pen input is too sensitive to movement!
                              Often times I click with the pen to select an object and I accidentally move it at the same time (a few pixels) which is really annoying and sometimes I don't even notice it if I've very zoomed out.
                              In Paint Tool SAI, which ironic is not even a design tool, there's an intentional lag snap when dragging stuff so you don't move things accidentally. Maybe something like…

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Show the grid when exporting assets to PDF

I would like the option to have the PDF export show the grid.

9 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Support Android Vectordrawable

My group works on the vector formats used by Android (VectorDrawable for static images and Animated Vector Drawable for animated vector graphics).
                                  I wondered if it would be interesting to Adobe for your design tools (such as XD) to produce these assets directly, to make it easier for Android developers to work with these resources in Adobe's tools.

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Embed color data in property inspector

Please expand the dat that the property inspector shows to include color codes, transparency percentage and the option to select (maybe even edit) this straight from the inspector screen instead of having to open every individual color box if you're specifying colors for a design.

Kind of goes hand in hand with earlier requested "blue print" modes to make it easier to share designs with developers.

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Unused symbols

It would be great to be able to see which symbols are not used on any of project's artboards.

Sometimes this kind of feature is needed to clean up symbols library.

15 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Apply gradient to border/stroke

When I import a SVG file with a gradient on the stroke, it becomes gray in XD. And there is no way that I can make the border/stroke with gradient color.

I feel it will be nice to apply gradient to the border so that I don't have to expand the stroke.

140 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Hide fonts from dropdown list if not licensed for mobile usage

Sometimes when I build a project I'm looking at the best fonts to use. The issue I have is that some fonts are not licensed for mobile when I have just designed an entire mobile app using that typography.

Font that are not licensed for mobile app use should be hidden / filtered out.

4 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base