Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. My primary email for my Adobe ID is my personal email (personal@email.com), but I'm a contractor with a temporary company email, which I've set as my secondary email (work@company.com). The designers I'm collaborating with are sending me the invitations to my secondary (company) email, but I get a message saying "I don't have permission to open this file". It would be great if I could use my secondary email as well for co-editing, because as a contractor, I won't be needing access to those files once my work is done and my work email has been…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to sample ui sounds as a plugin.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
    • While working on a design we have to make lot of components at one go or as we update when building applications from scratch.
    • In order to jump from one state to other we have to scroll all the way down or up if I need to go from state 1-5 to state 40-45 and, vice versa, as it is time consuming.
    • Please add a feature to extend the side panel to whatever size user wants as it will help in better design for the user and will secure time wastage.
    • Sketch already has similar feature, I have attached a…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Just as you can preserve the scroll position between artboards, I need a the option to preserve component states between artboards if that component exists on both artboards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please enable the possibility to swap a component with another component via right-click. It could for instance be useful when swapping one button to a button with another colour from your component list.

Right now you have to drag it onto the artboard and place it using the align tools and delete the older one. This could be made much easier by just a right-click

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I'm often designing for multiple user flows, and thought it would be nice to use the multiple share links feature to share separate links for each flow from the same file. It's dope that this can be done!

However, it's tedious and difficult to a) remember which home screen is attached to which shared link, and b) remember which screens were used in which share link. Sometimes one screen from one "flow" will link to another screen in a different "flow," for example, which makes it hard to deal with. Especially when making simple screen updates it's a lot of…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dev gets confused about what styles are what. I thought the XD Share for Dev link would have the styles in the sidebar, but there are none. I even have a master document with all of my assets: fonts, colors, and elements. Now I have to go back in and manually annotate what fonts are connected to what styles.. It would be a small addition, but would be super great in striving to better communicate with my dev team. Thank you for your consideration!

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When I select now multiple instances of a component I can’t set the state anymore. This is the power of Sketch I still miss in XD and holds me back. Editing everything 1 by 1 in complex UI’s with dozens of artboards and variations is simply annoying. Same for swapping nested components. Currently it’s all or one 😕

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Save to Master Component" and/or "Push/Save as Master Component", so that any changes you've made to a component can be put into the master.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  10. I should be able to select an actual artboard (like in PS) when using the artboard tool. Right now the artboard tool only lets you create artboards with a click. Currently I have to scroll up or zoom out, then click the name of the artboard in order to select it, in order to make modifications. A similar functionality to Illustrator would be helpful (Shift+O to enter artboard edit mode).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be great if we could copy an element, select an object on a new artboard, press cmd+shift+v and the copied element gets pasted at the same place as the element selected on a new or the same artboard.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make Haptic Feedback available when you move you grind lines on a art board on Mac.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "Place and Link" is my favourite thing in PS, it gives me the option to import one file multiple times, choosing different artboards (Ai, ID, pdf,...). Every time I change something in the respective app, my PS file gets updated - easy peasy. I would like the exact same feature for XD files in PS.

I strongly suggest that all the additional export to PNG or whatever should be reduced when moving in between CC apps. It creates a lot of unnecessary file waste and is just inconsistent for most younger CC apps.

To be clear: NO EXPORT out of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I have created group folders for my assets in the library file but each time I open I have to choose to view by group as the default is by type. And sharing the lbrary with the team also presents the same issue. Whichever state the library was last saved in should be the default.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  15. Add css type pseudo interaction states; :hover, :active, :visited, :disabled, :target etc. within design mode to be visible in share mode

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be nice to be able to select an artboard and batch export all assets on that artboard only.

I work on several pages that are updated weekly and so I have one XD file for the entire week. Each page is it's own project and the assets need to be uploaded to dev in separate locations so being able to select one artboard and only export assets on that artboard would be super helpful!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I frequently toggle between the layers and assets panel. I find it frustrating that my previous search is still present when I toggle back to the assets panel. Right now, I have to move my cursor over to the search bar, clear it, and type my new search (I almost always rely on search to find an asset rather than scrolling through the list).

I would like for the search to reset when the assets panel is reopened, and for the search bar to be auto-focused when I open the assets panel. This way, every time I open the panel…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  18. When opening a CC-Library in XD, I can't edit the elements inside the library. In other CC-Tools like Photoshop there is a edit-command in the context menu of every item. That's missing in XD, or is there another workflow for editing library-elements?

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be nice if share links were optimized better on mobile devices. As of right now there are a lot of bugs. Lagging, disappearing elements. Clients like to look at projects on their own devices, but they're not all going to have adobe XD on their own phones. Here's an example of what my screen looks like in XD and what it looks like with a mobile share link. Adobe please fix this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)