Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Coediting Error 2143

Trying out the new coediting feature in November 2019 update. It's good and convenient. However, i currently encounter document crashing as it is unable to reconnect.

Having previous version is helpful as it backs up my working file and enabling me to download it. But I would still like it to be saved into the same document instead of forcing me to close. The current cloud doc is considered as a corrupted file. It is troublesome as I need to recreate a new cloud file for other partners once again. Viewer/reviewers also cannot use back the same link to view…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ctrl + Shift + Tab should navigate to previous mode

For now, Ctrl+tab navigating to next tab (design > prototype > share). But Ctrl+shift+tab not navigating to the previous tab (design < prototype < share)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Function to link multiple XD files so that multiple products can link

I want a function that allows multiple XD files to work together. This is a viewpoint for a "system" in which multiple products operate in conjunction.
    Necessary for designing the linkage between a smartphone and a watch.
    This perspective should become very important in a few years.

It is not that multiple users operate XD at the same time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Expand Component palette in XD UI

Now that we are all loving the ability to add States to Components... My "component" box in the upper right is getting busy, and I'm having to scroll constantly! It looks like we have plenty of vertical space in the XD UI to allow this area to expand... either as needed (to a certain point of course!), or allow the user to drag this palette longer, similar to other CC apps.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Archive prototypes

I have a ton of prototypes. In addition to adding folders (covered in other requests) I would like the ability to archive old prototypes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support for macOS Catalina Sidecar

Is XD going to have capability with MacOS 10.15 Catalina’s new SideCar feature? Apple announced that Select apps such as Illustrator would have support, but I’m not sure if XD will have support.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Templates to design Emails

Build in email design and prototyping features. XD already shines in its ability to quickly layout a single email design or campaign, but it really isn't designed to build emails. Yes, emails can already be built quickly and handed off to developers using XD. But, if XD would incorporate a few features geared to emails it would be a great and welcome asset. Features like; templated documents for common email sizes. Maybe templated headers for To:, From:, and Subject:. Maybe UI kits with email header elements.

I'm sure others can contribute more specific feature suggestions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Install XD for Windows from Microsoft Store

Hey guys. I think you have created best UI/UX app. I really love using Adobe XD. But recently i am really frustrated with XD as well as Adobe. Why would you deliver the UAP app through Creative Cloud? You have created an app on the platform which is designed to publish apps through Microsoft Store. because of downloading and installing through Creative Cloud, User faces tones of problems. It is also free app. Why can't you just add it to Store and force users to login before use. This way they will be logged in with Adobe Account. I have…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Download XD backup file from cloud history/marked version

I would like to have the Download XD File option when looking at the cloud history. Today I only have "open in a new window" and "rename this version", I wish there was an "download this version" option for making backups.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Just change one word in the German version of Adobe XD

I really enjoy working with CC libraries. But within the German version of Adobe XD it's called "CC-Bibliotheken" in the menu but the panel is named "CC Libraries".

So please change the wording from "CC-Bibliotheken" to "CC Libraries" to make it consistent.

Thanks!
    Rainer

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Layout Grid needs to have the ability to create an 8pt grid with rows

It's frustrating that you only have the ability with Layout Grid to create columns. horizontal 8 point grids are becoming a big thing with UI design. XD needs to have that capability. Until then I will have to stick with Sketch.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Reorder elements in CC Library

My team and I created a shared CC library and I added couple colors on it. I want to be able to reorder the elements so it will be more organized.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add native ARM64 support

Adobe XD is incompatible with newer Windows 10 devices such as the Surface Pro X and Samsung Galaxy Book S running on ARM based Qualcomm chipsets. Microsoft seems to be developing Windows 10 more around ARM and the platform would really benefit from software such as XD.

I personally just received my Pro X and it is unfortunate that XD will not run at all on it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make opening files easier

Every time I go to open a new file, it takes 3 clicks. One click to maximize the tiny (minified) 'Open' file pane to fill the whole window (even if I did this last time I opened a file). One click to switch to Cloud Documents (because I can't change to list view in the 'Recent' tab, so I cannot see the full file names and do not know if I am selecting the correct file.) And the third click is to actually open the file.

Now, I don't know about other users, but I open and close my XD…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Being able to save a file in the Cloud and at the same time locally

It would be great, if Xd could save a file in the cloud, and parallel also a copy of the same file locally.

If I work on sensitive projects, I am being asked to also have local copies of the file, in case something goes wrong in the cloud. It would really help, if I didn't had to do this manually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to Turn Off Coediting!!!

Add the ability to turn off coediting. It's creating all kinds of issues, and can't be turned off. It's absolutely appalling that this feature would be introduced without the ability to turn it off after enabling it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Return Adobe XD: Bugs to UserVoice

Please re-enable the User Voice Bugs forum - it's faster and easier to use than the AdobeXD Community Forum, has better clarity into bug status, and is easier to search with more accurate results.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Round-tripping with Lottie

Whether we create an animation in XD we perhaps might wish to refine in AE, or work in AE to make an animation(s) for XD, I would like to be able to round-trip that within the Adobe ecosystem. Bonus points if we can make micro-interactions or IFTTT types of interactivity, which would activate the branching JSON file animations; perhaps connected as nodes. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Web Export Links for interactive response

Need a tutorial on web exporting to clearly demonstrate how links need to be inserted in the files to ensure the project remains interactive once converted to html.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Professional services: design consulting with Adobe XD

If Adobe could provide online sessions, or in their stores, with customers who use Adobe XD. To explain, many people aren't familiar with the tool and it takes a lot of practice. This occurs to me, and one of the big tech companies are already doing this, Apple. There is something called 'Today At Apple,' which includes loads of different sessions to help customers. (Link https://www.apple.com/today/) If Adobe XD could include this within the app on Mac or the phone app, it would be useful for it's customers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base