Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy/export all colours from assets as Hex, RGBA, HSLA

It would be very useful to be able to grab all the colour values as text in one go.
    To copy and paste into our SCSS or CSS.

Could be a download or copy all.

The shared assets in the Share for Development web pages are great. When it comes to the Colors, currently we can grab the Hex, RGBA, HSLA colours one at a time. I frequently want to grab all the colours.

Code editors help designers see the colours, we don't need to do the colours one at a time to know which is which.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Creating Design System& Style Guidelines

Hi,

I have been using Adobe XD almost one and half year on product development, so I have seen lots of reference & Materials Guides which are only supporting Sketch & Figma, But i couldn't find for XD. I thought its still developing

And I Congralute the Adobe XD team for Bug fixing and Release Update

Now my idea is to create design system which need to generate design system based on color, fonts, buttons, etc which need to links with option while creating design

Just a idea of Placement: is to place like two option Design, Prototype (replaced Invision…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to remove "resolve" button in Design Specs

I would really like to have an option so that the resolve button is not visible or clickable.
    I use the “share for development feature” to give students extra help, but if they mistakenly click resolve, the help is gone, and then other students would not be able to get the help, so it would be nice to make the, resolve the button not visible or clickable

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Increase contrast and size of Design Spec measurements

The pink with white type for specs is hard to read. Not ADA compliant. And when I enlarge the board to see the specs the specs don't enlarge. The board does but the text in the spec doesn't. See the video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. "L" shaped elements cover and prevent the selection and identification/specs of everything below them.

Please look at this XD "Design Specs" file:
    https://xd.adobe.com/spec/37ccb941-8fd4-4a7f-6223-499948dc3fcb-41fd/

The "L" shaped elements (colored RED and FUCHSIA in the file) cover and prevent the selection of and identification of the specs, of everything below them. Even though these "L" shaped elements are not closed shapes they cover everything below them (BTW, it's the same when there is a surrounding border that is above everything else, layer wise).

Please, this must be corrected.

The attached file was "Exported" to PDF.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Don't Delete Color Swatch for Icon Color When Marking Icon for Batch Export

If you mark an icon for Batch Export (which creates an Asset panel in the design specs) it will remove the color being used for that icon from the Color Swatch panel.

My workaround is to duplicate my icon in my artboard so that I have a copy that isn't marked for batch export and then the color information for the icon will appear in the Colors panel in the design specs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Export bitmaps embedded in SVG from Design Specs

I want to be able to export my elements as SVG from Design Specs with bitmaps linked or embedded, the same way I can on the local system.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Choose platform during download step, not upload step

Hi,

Currently we have features that we develop for multiple platforms at once. This means for example we will have feature A, and during a sprint Android, iOS and WeChat developers will build the feature during the sprint.

Right now the current workflow that we have to follow is to create separate files in order to create separate links because the assets exporting forces us to choose during uploading the platform that we need assets for.

It would be much easier if we created only one link for that story / feature, and then the dev from their respective platform…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Widen Scroll Bar on Layers Window.

The scroll bar for the layers window is narrow and takes precise mouse work to select it on a laptop or high resolution screen. Double the thickness so it is easy to select and drag. Great app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add WeChat RPX measurement unit

Hi,

At the moment we are developing our WeChat Mini-program, however when sharing design specs with developers we are unable to share using WeChat's measurement units, only iOS and Android are supported.

You can find out more info about WeChat's rpx measurement units here:

http://open.wechat.com/cgi-bin/newreadtemplate?t=overseas_open/docs/mini-programs/development/framework/view/wxss

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base