Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Boxed Text with different size and colors within are not being able to be distinguished in designs specs given to developers

While working developers where not able to get information on size of text or color in a boxed text which had a different size and color ontop then the bottom part. Is there a way where probably a developer would be able to highlight text in a targeted area to get character style and color?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Define sections for Design Specs (organization)

A better way to create sections for screens like Invision and Zeplin.
    Current way is making it difficult for developers to track down screens.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Separate page to view all downloadable assets in Design Specs

Edited: I'd like to see all downloadable assets in Design Specs, because sometimes I have assets that are repeated across multiple artboards.

Original: It's possible to see all assets in all artboards in one click

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. DPI/PPI switch for font sizes

XD would be a lot more cross-platform friendly if is offered a DPI/PPI switch for font sizes.

For example, I'm mainly desinging for MicroStrategy platform which uses 96dpi to calculate font sizes. XD uses 72.

I've read there's a similar issue with Android development.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Click the label and copy the hex color code as a simple code snippet

Currently you can see the hex color code and copy to your clipboard (i.e. #ffffff). To save a step in programming, it would be nice to copy a code snippet instead (i.e. background-color: #f0f0f0;).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Character styles—order by size, color, weight (similar to Zeplin)

I think it would be helpful if the Character Styles were listed in groups in order of the font that has the largest size. Since devs are usually programming things by defining the biggest to smallest (H1 > H2 > H3 > P), this would help us to see what we're up against. Next, if we added in a second font weight with a variety of colors, we would collect by the size-1st, color-2nd and weight-3rd (favoring the lighter weight to be listed first).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Full screen in Design Specs

Requested by my dev team. Who knows why....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Publish Design Spec on Save

Design Specs have quickly become an integral part of our workflow. It would be incredibly helpful if there was an option on Save that would allow you to Publish a Design Spec at the same time, thereby making it so every time the designer saves, the developer can have updated Design Specs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Customize HEX color code rules in Design Specs

When I copy HEX color codes to clipboard in Design Specs, I can get the color code like this:
    #FF12BF
    #FFFFFF

But, sometimes I want to get the color code like this:
    #ff12bf
    #ffffff

Or like this:
    #ff12bf
    #fff

Or like this:
    #FF12BF
    #FFF

So, I want to choose HEX color code rules in Design Specs.
    I think that engineers will support XD by responding to various coding rules.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Design Specs: Custom Toggle Layers

Feature: Allow the creation of custom toggles that display over a canvas, similar to how the Layout Grid works.

I work with a development team, I design the look and they build it. The issue I have is sometimes the developers don't pay close attention to the spacing of my designs. Sometimes they will code a design element to be right up against a column when actually there should be a 20px padding. I think having custom toggles can help highlight these small details. I know/have workarounds to this minor issue but having an official feature for it would be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to copy only selected content from the developer share link

When I design, I often put several paragraphs or bulleted lists in the same text box. When I share my designs with my developer, it is difficult for him to get only the text he needs from the shared development document. When you click on the "Content" section in the right developer spec panel, it automatically copies all of the text in the box (see screenshot).

It would be helpful if there were a way to highlight and select only a portion of the text in the content box that you could then copy using a shortcut. You could grab…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Increase zoom range for Design Specs

The current zoom range for Design Specs goes up to 200%. For small items with intricate details or many parts, a larger max would be very helpful (800, 1600, etc.) for precise selection.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow editing shared specs links' titles - use case for derivative files.

If I make derivative files from a file that was already shared as a specs link all derivatives will have the same title on the shared specs screen.

Confusing to devs and clients and a common use case when working on products.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Underlined Text Doesn't Show in Dev Specs Panel

When you copy a paragraph from specs and some of the text is underlined in the design/prototype, it would be great if the underline was copied as well?

This could be easily left off by the developer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Snapshots of web pages for inspiration

It would be nice if people could enter in a web page URL of a page that inspires them from anywhere on the net, then click a simple button that snaps a full page image for quick importing of that page into XD, then shows the dimensions or at least it makes it easy to measure the exact dimensions that the original developer used within the page. This will help people learn from other designers creations because learning their layouts and dimensions cand be a tricky task sometimes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adjust colors in Design Specs for better contrast

Add more color contrast on the css section. It is currently purple and orange on a gray background. It is very hard to read.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The latest update GRID VIEW is so bad in UX

66 total screens, there is no sorting function and those image-card was too small. VERY BAD ONE, every time i return from card detail the search keyword was gone, and i have to search it again

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Android Mobile character Styles Specs must be in "SP"

Currently when we share Android Layout to the developers it was showing in DP for all in specs but as per platform guidelines prefer when it is character styles specs should be "SP" it is stands for Scale independent pixels. It is same as dp unit but it is also scaled by the user's font size preference.

Preferable request is meaningful as it will not confuse to the developers hope it make sense.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to check the size of multiple items in Development

When viewing in the inspector mode in the browser, would be ideal to be able to select multiple elements at the same time, in order to check the total size. This is necessary for when a developer is building the layout templates.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Design Spec in Inches

We should be able to see Design specs in inches as well. Some Enterprise development tools (BI TOOLS) only support Inches as the measurement value.
    So we are able to design, review and prototype but can't share design specs, that's still a manual process.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base